P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning  it's also raining here 3.c 

Some would use that old saying  ,, It's raining cats and dogs 

I just hope no one steps into a Poodle 🙃

Have a great day🙂

Better raining cats and dogs kalos than coming down in buckets.

Much quieter😁

Avril

• Haha 12

@Josy1953

I've tried several times to find words to express my feelings, but I can't.

I just want to say that I'm so sorry for your sister, you and your whole family at this sad time. 

I hope you can feel the love and support coming to you from your CC friends and that it will help to keep you strong during this sad time. x

Avril

• Like 24

14 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is somewhat moist here with some sleet, it was 3oC when we went into Barnsley and 2oC when we came home. 

I don't see us venturing out again today looking at the forecast. We have snow forecast for Friday. I definitely feel a cruise coming on.

How is your new hip Phil?

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

How is your new hip Phil?

It is great Graham, I did pop in the brief posts with my progress but now I know you were away here is a brief rundown. 

Day 1- Had op up and walking after four hours including stairs which was critical to going home same day.

Day 2-4 - Used crutches.

Day 5 onwards - walking with walking pole as I could walk normally as opposed to swinging on crutches. I had extended my walking to 1-1 1/2 miles twice a day. I went for my first face to face physio after 2 weeks, she was amazed I was doing so well and put me straight onto the 4 week plan as opposed to the 2 as they were just too easy.

Day 21 walking without stick, more of an awareness than any pain where the joint is. 

I only ever took half the maximum dose of codeine and never touched the morphine as I needed the pain to stop me pushing too far. It will be 4 weeks on Wednesday since I had the op and I am now walking better than before the op and have no pain in lower back or general hip area.

Obviously being fairly fit for an old fart and being a walker helped plus I have been doing the hip exercise's that my MiL was given plus a few advised on a couple of internet sites for over 6 months before the op, as I wanted to make sure I had the technique and movement mastered.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is great Graham, I did pop in the brief posts with my progress but now I know you were away here is a brief rundown. 

Day 1- Had op up and walking after four hours including stairs which was critical to going home same day.

Day 2-4 - Used crutches.

Day 5 onwards - walking with walking pole as I could walk normally as opposed to swinging on crutches. I had extended my walking to 1-1 1/2 miles twice a day. I went for my first face to face physio after 2 weeks, she was amazed I was doing so well and put me straight onto the 4 week plan as opposed to the 2 as they were just too easy.

Day 21 walking without stick, more of an awareness than any pain where the joint is. 

I only ever took half the maximum dose of codeine and never touched the morphine as I needed the pain to stop me pushing too far. It will be 4 weeks on Wednesday since I had the op and I am now walking better than before the op and have no pain in lower back or general hip area.

Obviously being fairly fit for an old fart and being a walker helped plus I have been doing the hip exercise's that my MiL was given plus a few advised on a couple of internet sites for over 6 months before the op, as I wanted to make sure I had the technique and movement mastered.

Thank you Phil.

I am delighted to hear how well you are doing and the information regarding exercises etc.

Graham.

• Like 2

Morning everyone, it’s a beautiful sunny morning here but cold, my car windscreen has ice on it.

Going to my usual ladies coffee morning later. A “guess the baby” quiz has been organised for this morning so I am sure we will be giggling at all our photos.

I have done 95% of my Christmas shopping so might start wrapping this afternoon. We have eight grandchildren - it has been expensive!! Plus five of them have birthdays in either December or January 

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 10

20 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Day 2-4 - Used crutches.

Sounds like you have done fantastic, slime a new lease of life for you and so quickly

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's 3˚C here this morning, bright and sunny. 

Tomorrow the low is forecast to be 2˚C, the day after that we're due to be down to 0˚C. Thursday and Friday it's supposed to be -1˚C, Saturday is forecast as -2˚C and Sunday is -3˚c...

... so have decided not to look ahead any further.

Keep warm and well!

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Sounds like you have done fantastic, slime a new lease of life for you and so quickly

Hip hip hooray for phil's doctors. One entertaining facet of predictive is guessing what folk really wanted to say. " slime a new lease of life ?". Give up on that one.🤣

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, it’s a beautiful sunny morning here but cold, my car windscreen has ice on it.

Going to my usual ladies coffee morning later. A “guess the baby” quiz has been organised for this morning so I am sure we will be giggling at all our photos.

I have done 95% of my Christmas shopping so might start wrapping this afternoon. We have eight grandchildren - it has been expensive!! Plus five of them have birthdays in either December or January 

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

Meeting friends for coffee this morning, too.

We have six birthdays in December and two in January (although one of those is mine). I haven't counted those in Sicily! I have hardly started Christmas shopping, never mind the birthdays.😳

Looks like being a nice bright sunny day and although temp is reading 6c, although it doesn't feel that cold when I put the washing out. 

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 5

Was watching a low budget film for a pub they did for Christmas ,sending out 

the message "we have friends that we haven't met yet

A bit like when we go cruising most people when walking the decks say "hello."

Like on here over two years giving support to people we have never met and possibly never will but we still say "hello ". 

In human nature there is a lot of good, not just leading up to Christmas but all year round , which shows in all 2,108 pages of this thread .🙂

Take care . . . 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Was watching a low budget film for a pub they did for Christmas ,sending out 

the message "we have friends that we haven't met yet

A bit like when we go cruising most people when walking the decks say "hello."

Like on here over two years giving support to people we have never met and possibly never will but we still say "hello ". 

In human nature there is a lot of good, not just leading up to Christmas but all year round , which shows in all 2,108 pages of this thread .🙂

Take care . . . 

Well thanks for that Kalos - that's me in tears it and it's not even midday!  It was a lovely heart warming watch.

Have a great day everyone.  Jane xx

• Like 7