P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all, I can’t believe it’s still so cold back home 🥶🥶 , been up since 7 this morning so a lay-in having my second cuppa on patio it’s currently 18* , and blue skies, we are taking the dog to the pamper parlour today to have a bath and her nails cut , they are extremely long and curling a bit and look painful so we are taking it upon ourselves to have it done , she’s never had a bath in 7 years, she goes in the sea now and again but that was over a year ago and she feels so dirty just stroking her with all this sand around so fingers crossed she likes it .

We have just booked some flights for next year to come out for 3 weeks because they are now doing flights from Bournemouth to fuerteventura starting next April on jet2 so I’m booking my hired car which is coming up at 322€ with jet2 15% bonus so that’s a brilliant deal so now this week I’m looking to book somewhere reasonable to stay .

House work day today as well bed changing and mopping floors then off to vets and we’re have lunch across from it in case they have a problem with the dog .

I was surprised when Jet 2 chose Bournemouth (Hurn) airport as their southern hub over Southampton airport last month which has much better facilities and connectivity, they must have their reasons as they are a good company.

8c dry but breezy here this morning. I managed to cut the grass yesterday before we had heavy showers late afternoon. Also pruned the buddleia and used a face mask after reading why I cough so much when pruning, it’s the fine hairs on the shrub being breathed in.

My team Southampton won last night that’s 3 in a row and after thinking we were out of automatic promotion from the Championship are back in the race and we’re reining in Leicester, Ipswich and Leeds. I saw this video online and found it very funny and clever summing up the current situation.

https://x.com/jhgolld/status/1779477155870642229?s=48&t=ZaIQ9msuYS3ZMidRv6Tkmg

Bad news though is that Portsmouth got promotion to the Championship. Hampshire police will be hoping that Southampton now get promotion because the derby causes huge issues and resources. In recent times they’ve had to ‘bubble’ the coaches in and out of the cities and they still got attacked.

• Like 4

It's currently 6˚C the sun was up and the sky was blue about an hour or two ago but that's now ancient history. However better than yesterday when we had rolling thunder at times ...  even affected the internet.

So it looks like "wrap up warm and carry on refurbing the patio furniture" this morning and then back inside for a warm lunch!

As the last word typed... sun has come out through the clouds and is streaming through the window onto the desk... so perhaps looking up after all!

How lucky we are in this country to have such an ever-green topic of conversation!

Hope all are well!

• Like 7

Good afternoon.

It is Pauline's late mam's 102nd birthday today.

Sarah was poorly so just Pauline and I went out for lunch.

Pauline's mam always got 

Fish and chips so that's what Pauline got today.

I got my favourite Mixed Grill.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

IMG_20240417_132822.jpg

IMG_20240417_132807.jpg

• Like 17

8 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I was surprised when Jet 2 chose Bournemouth (Hurn) airport as their southern hub over Southampton airport last month which has much better facilities and connectivity, they must have their reasons as they are a good company.

8c dry but breezy here this morning. I managed to cut the grass yesterday before we had heavy showers late afternoon. Also pruned the buddleia and used a face mask after reading why I cough so much when pruning, it’s the fine hairs on the shrub being breathed in.

My team Southampton won last night that’s 3 in a row and after thinking we were out of automatic promotion from the Championship are back in the race and we’re reining in Leicester, Ipswich and Leeds. I saw this video online and found it very funny and clever summing up the current situation.

https://x.com/jhgolld/status/1779477155870642229?s=48&t=ZaIQ9msuYS3ZMidRv6Tkmg

Bad news though is that Portsmouth got promotion to the Championship. Hampshire police will be hoping that Southampton now get promotion because the derby causes huge issues and resources. In recent times they’ve had to ‘bubble’ the coaches in and out of the cities and they still got attacked.

Perhaps B737's don't fit Southampton. Last time we flew from Soton was in a propeller plane to C.I.

Edited by zap99

Fun day today. I allowed 2 hours to get to the surgery for my diabetes review and made it with 5 minutes to spare. Then the computer check in did not work, typical. Anyway the review went well. I don't have to inject daily any more because my blood sugar levels are well controlled. No new tablets needed either just keep taking the Metformin and avoid eating cakes and drinking pints. They will check again in 4 months time.

I bought an AllClear annual multi trip policy covering all europe including Spain etc. It cost £458.26 which is 19% more than last year. I did ring their helpline to check which region Svalbard was and the answer was, 'can you spell that please and where is it? Part of Norway I replied, this could get interesting so has anyone cruised to Svalbard?

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps B737's don't fit Southampton. Last time we flew from Soton was in a propeller plane to C.I.

With the runway extension they would have no trouble more likely limited by weight. EasyJet take the A320 in though. I remember Flybe before the first one went bust they put out a tweet rumoring they were going to be getting 737's. We actually may end up having Flybe 3.0 but they have called themselves beregional, currently We're assessing demand for a future UK regional airline showing a Dash 8 with an ex Flybe reg G-JECP

• Like 2

1 minute ago, carlanthony24 said:

With the runway extension they would have no trouble more likely limited by weight. EasyJet take the A320 in though. I remember Flybe before the first one went bust they put out a tweet rumoring they were going to be getting 737's. We actually may end up having Flybe 3.0 but they have called themselves beregional, currently We're assessing demand for a future UK regional airline showing a Dash 8 with an ex Flybe reg G-JECP

First time we used Soton was on BA to Dublin. I didn't know it was a dash 8,whoops..but explained to DW how the Dash 8 was far superior to a Jet and that the longer flight time meant we could have a leisurely flight. Got away with it. When we flew to Guernsey she wasn't that bothered

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

First time we used Soton was on BA to Dublin. I didn't know it was a dash 8,whoops..but explained to DW how the Dash 8 was far superior to a Jet and that the longer flight time meant we could have a leisurely flight. Got away with it. When we flew to Guernsey she wasn't that bothered

Honestly first time I flew SOU-MAN being on a prop was a bit nerve racking but was really enjoyable, comfy to

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We flew regularly from Newcastle to Southampton with Flybe on Dash 8 turbo prop airplanes for cruises and although they were a little noisy we enjoyed the flight.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I don't have to inject daily any more because my blood sugar levels are well controlled. No new tablets needed either just keep taking the Metformin and avoid eating cakes and drinking pints.

Great news Dave really pleased for you 🙂

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We flew regularly from Newcastle to Southampton with Flybe on Dash 8 turbo prop airplanes for cruises and although they were a little noisy we enjoyed the flight.

I told Gail " I've book flights to Dublin with BA from Southampton.....OK...Its a turboprop......What !!!. It was a good flight. I believe any flight where you leave the plane in one piece was a good flight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Fun day today. I allowed 2 hours to get to the surgery for my diabetes review and made it with 5 minutes to spare. Then the computer check in did not work, typical. Anyway the review went well. I don't have to inject daily any more because my blood sugar levels are well controlled. No new tablets needed either just keep taking the Metformin and avoid eating cakes and drinking pints. They will check again in 4 months time.

I bought an AllClear annual multi trip policy covering all europe including Spain etc. It cost £458.26 which is 19% more than last year. I did ring their helpline to check which region Svalbard was and the answer was, 'can you spell that please and where is it? Part of Norway I replied, this could get interesting so has anyone cruised to Svalbard?

That is great news that you do not need to inject insulin Dave.

Watching your sugar has paid dividends for you.

Good luck in the future.

Your annual Europe and cruise quote from All clear is very similar to ours from All clear.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They say that DSA airport could reopen for 2025 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, kalos said:

They say that DSA airport could reopen for 2025 🙂

That is good news for you.

Newcastle and Teeside airport are similar distances from us in opposite directions and Teeside has recently reopened and are attracting more airlines to use them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is great news that you do not need to inject insulin Dave.

Watching your sugar has paid dividends for you.

Good luck in the future.

Your annual Europe and cruise quote from All clear is very similar to ours from All clear.

Not insulin Liraglutide. This group of drugs were licenced for treating obesity last year which led to a worldwide shortage and no availability for diabetics. Apparently it only works if the blood sugar level is too high and reduces the appetite as well. As my levels are not high I am trying  a trial period without it. 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening again all. 

Today we drove along the coast to Abbottsbury Botanical Gardens,  not been before,  a really good variety of plants/ trees etc to see & photograph. Then on way back, stopped in Lyme  Regis, to stroll along the front &  enjoy an ice cream. 

Tonight's  menu  below...

Started with beef carpacio, dw,had  chickpea,  then salmon for main. Me ...did not  fan either pork or  lamb, so I went ( down market) and had scampi/ chips🤣, followed by lemon possett.   

20240417_113914.jpg

20240417_134616.jpg

20240417_183000.jpg

20240417_183212.jpg

20240417_183226.jpg

20240417_191339.jpg

20240417_191344.jpg

20240417_193653.jpg

20240417_193700.jpg

20240417_195644.jpg

• Like 12

Morning 2.c here and a frost on the grass but the sun is up to deal with that .

Thinking about it this week we have had rane, hale, gails, drissle, thundre, litnin,  tawnaydoes and frizzing colde..  That's what I call a bad spell of weather 🙃😉

Hope you all have a good day -Take care .

• Haha 16

Only 2° and frost on the lawn here but sunny and a clear blue sky.

We are planning to go to the wine warehouse to top up our stock so DH has decided that rather than fruit and yoghurt for breakfast he would prefer a Wetherspoons breakfast on the way, there is just no hope for some people.

Have a good day 

• Like 11

15 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Honestly first time I flew SOU-MAN being on a prop was a bit nerve racking but was really enjoyable, comfy to

We flew on a prop from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son and it was great. I was very nervous at first but it was a quieter, smoother and comfortable flight. Even better that it flies lower so you see more.  It felt as though we were just skimming the tree tops. Loved it.

Avril

• Like 8

We flew from Oahu to the "Big island",no safety brief just belt up guys it might be a bit rough on final approach but that's normal.Noisy and bouncy at the end,lol.A turboprop is basically a jet engine with a propeller bolted to the front.Bit different from the Red Baron days.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, kalos said:

Fully agree and what Dave said  ....🙃

https://youtu.be/yBca1ixoEbg?si=kufdt5wnfBak2kSm&t=4

I've just seen this this morning and I've laughed so much I'm crying🤣.

The wonderful Dave Allen, one of the all time greats.

His style of comedy would be censored nowadays, as well as his glass of whiskey and sometimes a cigarette

Avril

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just seen this this morning and I've laughed so much I'm crying🤣.

The wonderful Dave Allen, one of the all time greats.

His style of comedy would be censored nowadays, as well as his glass of whiskey and sometimes a cigarette

Avril

Never missed his shows .

Avril ask yourself ,how many times over the years have you said this to Frank ? 🤔

https://youtu.be/pgavN7M-vrM?si=McGvq7CXvAYhnlzv    🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 5