P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Back home from a windy week in Yorkshire, cottage we rented was very cosy and welcoming, the owners who lived on site were very helpful when a couple of problems outside of their control arose, we intend to return a some point in the future.

Has an excellent anniversary meal in an Italian Restaurant in Harrogate on Sunday, followed by a visit to Fountains Abbey & Royal Studley Water Gardens on Monday. Tuesday was a visit to York where we took in the Minister The Shambles and I climbed to the roof of a very windy Gifford’s Tower.

Wednesday was Castle Howard and Thursday Helmsley, so we managed to get around quite a bit. 

Back home checked my plants, tomato seedlings have come through and surprising every seed sown has germinated, so will have excess plants for friends and neighbours. The Dwarf French Beans I sewed on Saturday have in 2 cases already started to peak through, so hopefully will have another good crop of green beans this year. 

20240416_153930_Original.jpeg

20240416_152707_Original.jpeg

20240416_152405_Original.jpeg

• Like 14

7 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Am I the only one who thinks in Celsius for low temperatures but understand high temperatures better in Fahrenheit?

I was good with your 10C but I’m currently in central Florida where I’ve just heard that temperatures are going to go over 90F for the next few days!  No ….. too hot!! 🥵 As my mum would have said ‘there’s no pleasing some folk’. Leaving for the coast tomorrow so hoping for a breeze.

Wishing you all a good weekend, and to my fellow poor sleepers, some good nights 😴😴

I say Centigrade on here but

Fahrenheit when posting on RCL.

I hope this helps.

Screenshot_20240209_223221.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Back home from a windy week in Yorkshire, cottage we rented was very cosy and welcoming, the owners who lived on site were very helpful when a couple of problems outside of their control arose, we intend to return a some point in the future.

Has an excellent anniversary meal in an Italian Restaurant in Harrogate on Sunday, followed by a visit to Fountains Abbey & Royal Studley Water Gardens on Monday. Tuesday was a visit to York where we took in the Minister The Shambles and I climbed to the roof of a very windy Gifford’s Tower.

Wednesday was Castle Howard and Thursday Helmsley, so we managed to get around quite a bit. 

Back home checked my plants, tomato seedlings have come through and surprising every seed sown has germinated, so will have excess plants for friends and neighbours. The Dwarf French Beans I sewed on Saturday have in 2 cases already started to peak through, so hopefully will have another good crop of green beans this year. 

If you have a surplus of green beans I’m sure P&O will take some off your hands!

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Happy belated anniversary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I say Centigrade on here but

Fahrenheit when posting on RCL.

I hope this helps.

Screenshot_20240209_223221.jpg

Must admit I haven’t used Fahrenheit as temperature measure for over 30 years, see no point as the majority of the world uses Celsius,  freezing 0C, boiling point 100C, couldn’t be simpler, about time the US caught up with the rest of the world. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reasons to be cheerful...

1, Sun Shining✔️

2, Birds singing✔️

3, Sky blue✔️

4, Not a cloud sight✔️

5, Blood Pressure perfect✔️

6, Blood Sugar superb✔️

7, Weight on target✔️

8, Complete Grocery Delivery confirmed✔️

9, Nuthatch on bird feeder✔️

10, Bluebells beautiful✔️

Hope everyone has their own very special list!

• Like 10

Morning 4.c and the sun is shining .

I'm not good at lists ,the Mrs sent me shopping and  told me

"before you go put brown sauce on the shopping list "

I did that but couldn't read her hand writing so had to guess.

Only after returning home did I find out the list did not include ..

4 cans of lager,bikers weekly and a big bag of celebrations 🥴

Have a good day everyone 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Good Morning Everyone

I hope you're all well and have a good weekend planned.

Lovely photos from @Snow Hill. I love that part of the world. I've stayed in York and Harrogate many times and they never lose their attraction for me - especially York Minster.

No real news from me. I'm much more mobile now but I have to admit to feeling a bit frustrated about the continuous back pain. Got the final report from CT scans and it mentions a third fracture on spine and loss of height due to compression - I thought I'd put weight on but I've just lost height! 

Good weekend for sport for me, and family visits all arranged around matches - they don't mind - they're used to my football obsession.

Whatever you're doing, have a great weekend. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It was 2°C first thing but it has warmed up to 11°C.

I had breakfast at the beach.

I Hope everyone is well and you all have a great weekend.

IMG_20240420_083811.jpg

IMG_20240420_083923.jpg

IMG_20240420_084325.jpg

• Haha 3

Good morning.

Blue skies, sunshine and calm at the moment. Chilly though, 5c at the moment, but forecast to reach a balmy (or should that be barmy) 11c.

I find it easier to use celsius, but still use feet and inches and pounds and ounces. Probably because enjoying dressmaking and cooking it was much easier to stay with what I knew and avoid mistakes. You can't teach and old dog new tricks, as the saying goes.

I will also add my personal items to  @twotravellersLondon list this morning. I have tried to grow sweet peppers from seed for the last 3 years with no success, until today. I have 1, yes 1 brave little plant🌱 starting to peep through and I am over the moon. It will be the most loved and pampered little plant ever, (if it survives🤞) I also have numbers 1 2 3 4 10 and  number 8 yesterday👍 Both Frank and myself are well as are the family, so who can ask for more.😊

I hope everyone has a lovely day.x

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 15

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20240420_084325.jpg

Eating a bacon roll in 5 mins is not a Guiness world record Graham.

Edited by brian1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Eating a bacon roll in 5 mins is not a Guiness world record

The World Record for cooking up bacon rolls is held by Primo Food in Australia... 2,091 rolls weighing well over 13 kg cooked up at the same time in 2014...

Not a lot of people want to know that!

Gregg’s, Victoria, will need an advanced order if anyone needs that many early one morning! Better add an extra cup of coffee as well...

😱🥵

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

The World Record for cooking up bacon rolls is held by Primo Food in Australia... 2,091 rolls weighing well over 13 kg cooked up at the same time in 2014...

Gregg’s, Victoria, will need an advanced order if anyone needs that many early one morning! Better add an extra cup of coffee as well...

😱🥵

No worries about that.They're cooked 24 hrs in advance I think,judging by my last one.

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

😱🥵

Perhaps the new Greggs being added during the Britannia refit will take some pressure off the MDR at breakfast time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps the new Greggs being added during the Britannia refit will take some pressure off the MDR at breakfast time.

Greggs tracksuit,mandatory dresscode.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Eating a bacon roll in 5 mins is not a Guiness world record Graham.

After picking Pauline up from the hairdresser's we called at McDonald's and parked in a different place.

IMG_20240420_100721.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Reasons to be cheerful...

1, Sun Shining✔️

2, Birds singing✔️

3, Sky blue✔️

4, Not a cloud sight✔️

5, Blood Pressure perfect✔️

6, Blood Sugar superb✔️

7, Weight on target✔️

8, Complete Grocery Delivery confirmed✔️

9, Nuthatch on bird feeder✔️

10, Bluebells beautiful✔️

Hope everyone has their own very special list!

What beautifully positives posts you put up but how on earth do you achieve number 5?  🤔

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

After picking Pauline up from the hairdresser's we called at McDonald's and parked in a different place.

IMG_20240420_100721.jpg

Hi Graham just been shopping at Dalton Park and when I saw the brand new Greggs open and how busy it was I immediately thought of you, didn’t buy anything as the queues were far too long 😂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham just been shopping at Dalton Park and when I saw the brand new Greggs open and how busy it was I immediately thought of you, didn’t buy anything as the queues were far too long 😂

Thank you @lindylooellalouise.

I was surprised when Starbucks moved out of that site that Greggs moved into.

For me Greggs, McDonald's and Starbucks are good only for a drive thru to take a snack and coffee to the beach.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Graham what do you think about the parking charges now to be able to see the sea views whilst having your breakfast?

Most seaside resorts have charged for years.

The new charges are £1 per hour or £3 all day.

I am surprised they have marked out Disability bays but are then  charging disabled people the same as everyone else when other councils let blue badge holders park free.

I will have to check but I think the new parking charges are only between 9am and 6pm.

Edited by grapau27