P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

What a beautiful girl. I'm sure you'll discover what she's done soon. How could you not forgive her when she looks like that?

Avril

Oh Avril butter would'nt melt, this one was stealing the tea towel and playing catch me if you can!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Grandad John said:

Must be all the best people having a birthday today, another Taurus, personally think it’s all a load of bull. I’m expecting a parade led by trombones later along with the family for pizza and wine in the garden, just hoping the weather stays kind.

Happy birthday John.

happy-birthday-funny-animated-gif-john.gif

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Beckett said:

@Adawn47 Sorry it's late Avril but here's wishing you a very happy birthday. I hope you've managed to enjoy it despite a rock start. Very best wishes. Jane xxx

The day's improving Jane. I've found the positive's to my 'fone fiasco'  Very quiet, uninterupted reading and the money stays in the bank😉😁

Avril

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Over the weekend our son had both of his email accounts hacked and they locked him out so that he can’t reverse the change. So he spent most of yesterday changing the passwords of his various accounts and other websites. He now needs to create a new email account and then update all of the sites again the new address. It makes me realise the number of companies and other sites I’d have to contact if it happened to me 😩

It’s a mystery how they accessed both of his accounts in one go.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Over the weekend our son had both of his email accounts hacked and they locked him out so that he can’t reverse the change. So he spent most of yesterday changing the passwords of his various accounts and other websites. He now needs to create a new email account and then update all of the sites again the new address. It makes me realise the number of companies and other sites I’d have to contact if it happened to me 😩

Crikey !!😲 and I thought I was having a bad day.

Technology is an amazingly useful thing..........until it isn't🤬

Avril

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Sorry to read about your sons misfortune and both accounts at that .

Not saying your son has done this but a lot of folk who have two accounts tend 

to use one as the back up address to each other .

Does he use two step via verification for his phone ?

Very annoying that's for sure .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sorry to read about your sons misfortune and both accounts at that .

Not saying your son has done this but a lot of folk who have two accounts tend 

to use one as the back up address to each other .

Does he use two step via verification for his phone ?

Very annoying that's for sure .

That could be it, I always use my phone for verification codes.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, delgirl said:

I ordered a top for collection for my daughters birthday from mands. Had a text to say it was delayed by up to 48hrs. Left it the 2 days hadn't heard anything so phoned my local store they said it was showing up either lost or damaged, so they ordered me another one. Had an e-mail to say I wouldn't be charged. Few days later I had another e-mail saying thank you for your return we will process a refund.🤣

The joys of new technology 🤬

• Haha 4

We have a really pleasant afternoon here with strong sunshine set for the rest of the day, temps of about 14˚C and a light breeze... a really beautiful day now... especially as the gardens and the trees are in the fresh green of spring, the bluebells are in full bloom and the May blossom is already showing well.

Quarterly medical review with one consultant and then another this morning... so a serious day in hossie. Delighted to say that... a battery of quarterly tests and scans in preparation found signs of intelligent life... at least as we know it. 🍒🍒🍒

Now the "cycle of life" continues... five more blood tests, four visits by nurses, three different scans, two visits to consultants, and then a review back in the hossie! However... the good bit is... also cleared for international travel... and even better... insured for international travel! 🤓😄

So today delighted, inspired and grateful that we can enjoy the real cycle of life... no tick lists or bucket lists for us... there's more wonder on this good Earth to see than can ever be seen, more exciting things to do than ever can be done, more exhilarating magic to find that ever can be found. 🌺🐬🦋🌍

This afternoon the Sun's riding high is a Sapphire Sky... and just fills the senses... we're up for 'the night in the forest, the mountains in springtime, the walk in the rain, the storm in the desert and... the sleepy blue ocean." And... great flocks of pelicans, magnificent churches, evenings full of the song of nightingales, some of the crowning master-pieces of our civilisation and the exquisite delights that only cruising can offer!

These are our blessings today... we've counted them... really we have! We so hope that everyone has the chance to just stop and appreciate some of the delights of life that we know that we often miss in such a busy and frenetic world. 

The "Bubbles are chilling!" And... we'll give a toast, as we're sure that so many people will, to @Adawn47 Avril and Frank... so great to be able to share in such a Happy Birthday! 🍾🥂 And to @Grandad John

Edited by twotravellersLondon
syntax
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Some sad news today the author of the Shardlake books, C J Sansom has passed away aged 71. Lovers of historical fiction will mourn his passing as was one the best writers of that genre. 

The mini series based on his books is due to start streaming on Disney+ on Wednesday. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

Evening all, sooo much to catch up on!

I hope @zap99 is enjoying his cruise, looking forward to hearing how you get on.

At my mum’s Home on Friday they ‘went to Turkey!’ The two people who do the activities were dressed as air hostesses and they had Turkish food and belly dancers performed for them! They do some good things.

Our grandson lost his first tooth yesterday! We were sent a photo - he looked so pleased with himself! 😁

• Like 14