P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Anyone on here computer-savvy?  Not that I intend to in any case, but if I looked up my medical records on my GPs site, might I now get a 'blue death' or whatever it is called, because of this current appalling problem, and if so presumably would need someone to come to sort it out.  My imagination boggles as to how bad this problem will prove to be in the end for millions of companies and people, maybe I am being too pessimistic.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Anyone on here computer-savvy?  Not that I intend to in any case, but if I looked up my medical records on my GPs site, might I now get a 'blue death' or whatever it is called, because of this current appalling problem, and if so presumably would need someone to come to sort it out.  My imagination boggles as to how bad this problem will prove to be in the end for millions of companies and people, maybe I am being too pessimistic.

Just been on our doctors web site to see the next day I can order my meds .

They are working fine,so maybe yours will too as everything is not down .

I think your safe from the "Blue death" as this is a fault ,not a virus.

Look at it this way if your neighbour went to the shop to buy a bottle of milk

and on return home, the door lock had jammed ,does this mean if you were to

do the same upon your return ,would you expect your front door to be jammed ?

I think your safe .🙂

• Like 1

Thanks, kalos.  I didn't need to look at it anyway ,but just felt worried for anyone who did and lost their internet as a result.  I am fairly sure that my GP is on the most used one by hospitals and Doctors - they were all trying to be ultra-safe from hackers etc. of course!  It needs to be a severe warning to the internet world, and millions of travellers will continue to have problems with flights for some days, I fear.

• Like 2

Another warm day here, bit of proper summer. I was surprised to read about the Microsoft outage as we went into Barnsley for brekkie and pick up a few bits and bats for weekend, plus books back to library and everything was working fine. Makes you wonder how we ever managed. Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 8

Our afternoon was watching a livestream of Fairford Int Airshow.

Reminiscing of our years at the Sunderland airshows that are no more.

Long weekends some were sunny just like today. We always had a good 

time no matter what the weather .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Thanks, kalos.  I didn't need to look at it anyway ,but just felt worried for anyone who did and lost their internet as a result.  I am fairly sure that my GP is on the most used one by hospitals and Doctors - they were all trying to be ultra-safe from hackers etc. of course!  It needs to be a severe warning to the internet world, and millions of travellers will continue to have problems with flights for some days, I fear.

I don't think that accessing your doctors website would have given you any problems, other than possibly not being able to obtain the information you were seeking.

It is the software your GPs practise uses to run its computer system that has been corrupted, which would not "infect" your pc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have had one nice hot sunny day. Today after a nice sunny start, has become very overcast, humid and misty out over the moor. So looks like we will get rain tomorrow.

That seems to be the pattern to our weather, one or two nice days followed by rain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Unfortunately I think that Megabear2 flight has been further delayed from 14.30 to 19.30. ☹️

Nope, it was cancelled along with most BA flights to London this afternoon/evening, we are told they don't think we will get back to London today by BA.  Airport hotels are now officially no go so caught the airport bus back to Waverley and now booked on 17:30 train to Kings Cross arriving 22.08.  Then we plan on using underground or Elizabeth Line back to Heathrow for our car which is at Hilton Terminal 5 - a taxi from the airport hopefully followed by the 2 hour drive home.  All of this assuming the London trains work, otherwise we head east to my sister in law in Hornchurch and back to Heathrow tomorrow. Thankfully I overbooked the parking by two days so not a problem there I hope!

BA not really able to help as total confusion.  Hopefully we will get compensation as we should have flown yesterday evening.  They have confirmed to hold all receipts and submit claim.  

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Nope, it was cancelled along with most BA flights to London this afternoon/evening, we are told they don't think we will get back to London today by BA.  Airport hotels are now officially no go so caught the airport bus back to Waverley and now booked on 17:30 train to Kings Cross arriving 22.08.  Then we plan on using underground or Elizabeth Line back to Heathrow for our car which is at Hilton Terminal 5 - a taxi from the airport hopefully followed by the 2 hour drive home.  All of this assuming the London trains work, otherwise we head east to my sister in law in Hornchurch and back to Heathrow tomorrow. Thankfully I overbooked the parking by two days so not a problem there I hope!

BA not really able to help as total confusion.  Hopefully we will get compensation as we should have flown yesterday evening.  They have confirmed to hold all receipts and submit claim.  

What a rotten end to your holiday. I hope the trains go according to plan and you get home. As you say they should pay for everything as you would not be in this situation if the flight had gone last night.

BA have a bad habit of pulling Scottish flights on a regular basis if they need staff or planes for just about any other route. It happens frequently then they wonder why we get annoyed.

Some of my lot are stuck abroad in Budapest and they are struggling to get a way home. 

I hope you enjoyed the visit at least before all this annoyance.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

AFAIK the tube is fine at the mo.We're getting the train to LGW Sunday to check our bags with TUI for our Monday flight to Dalaman,fingers crossed,lol.

• Like 5

Phew it’s warm here 29C this afternoon at the time I was leading a tour around the site, sun hay, sunglasses and plenty of Factor 30 applied. Only 4 on the tour which was last one of the day, so it if was tour, much better than the one I lead yesterday with 22 on it, started out as 20, but 2 others joined halfway round. Explaining Roman Britain and what the Romans gave us is an interesting topic, and once we got to the archaeology dig, they were well versed on how the city was constructed and operated. 

Felt sorry for the archaeology students who were digging and scraping away in the trenches in this heat, yet on Tuesday they got rained on such is the life of an archaeologist.

The site had some card machine issues early on due to outage but all was back running by midday. 

Had a text from my GP surgery saying advising they couldn’t make any appointments but patients with appointments would still be seen. 

• Like 6

Good Morning,

It's very quiet on here this morning, hope everyone is well.

It's raining, misty, breezy and very muggy, with heavier rain is due in later. Not a nice day at all.

My daughter's dog has just frigtened the sea gull that comes knocking on our door, so hopefully it will get the message!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

• Like 6

Morning 19.c and not too bad of a nights sleep as we used just a thin sheet on the bed.

Catching up on the news, Microsoft say it was another companies Nerd who pressed

the wrong button.the 3rd party firm has now made a new update code to fix it , this will

not get rid of the backlog of problems it has caused .

Good old Microsoft boffins claimed "maybe " re-booting the pc's up to 15 times just 

may do the trick 🤔

Now I'm no boffin but my boss at work used to call me the PC , not cos I was clever.

It was that I also could fall asleep if left alone for 15 minutes .

But for what it's worth here's my advice.. "If after re-booting your PC 15 times and it 

still will not work ,then try hitting it at least 15 times with a hammer "

If it still does not work at least now you know the reason why 🙃

Have a good day Take care.🙂

• Haha 13

The rain stops short of us today.It was hot here yesterday although 8 deg short of a couple of years ago.I lost 3lb in 3 hrs with my gym and walking regime.Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6