P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, kalos said:

All this talk of food has got me on one 😋 

Today we have Crispy chicken and salad with garlic sauce.😍 

20240816_133140.thumb.jpg.6578babdde65db988ba81f30ea71366b.jpg

Very nice Kalos.

I was thinking there are a lot of former regulars on here that have not posted for a while so I hope they are all well.A few that instantly come to mind.

Avril. @Adawn47

Andy. @AndyMichelle

Emam.

Jane. @Beckett.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Very nice Kalos.

I was thinking there are a lot of former regulars on here that have not posted for a while so I hope they are all well.A few that instantly come to mind.

Avril. @Adawn47

Andy. @AndyMichelle

Emam.

Jane. @Beckett.

I'm sure they will be back when time permits ,Andy was posting the other week on 

a Britannia post  . Lets hope they are all happy and will drop in at sometime.

Looking forward to hearing @brian1 is ok ? Most likely sat in a pub wearing  an 

eye patch ,singing Dr Hook songs to his Mrs 😉🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm sure they will be back when time permits ,Andy was posting the other week on 

I'm sure he will be okay.

I was delighted with the results from my 2 cataract operations.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Very nice Kalos.

Avril. @Adawn47

Andy. @AndyMichelle

Emam.

Jane. @Beckett.

I know I'm not a 'regular regular' myself but I was thinking the same thing, especially about Avril. Andy sometimes takes a break I know.  I try to give myself a reminder every now and then to post, because I would hate this threat to wither away.

So I shall share that I am having a few days alone as DH has gone away on one of his hobby jaunts.  Today I visited the dentist; nothing required not even a follow-up to the hygienist (it must be the quality chocolate I eat 😉). 

Tomorrow I'm meeting college friends for a meal not far from Oldham, an area I don't know well but I drive to my friend's house in Worsley (near Manchester) and she does the remainder of the drive in her car - a blessing since I loathe the M60/M62.  I'll be meeting another friend enroute at Bent's, a 'destination' garden centre just off the East Lancs road, and trying hard to resist their (breakfast) thick, buttered granary toast, which must be the only bargain to be had in the place; it also has fabulous cakes at fabulous prices!  I'm a bit miffed with myself because they give you a free cake in your birthday month if you hold a loyalty card.  My birthday was last month and I missed it for the second year running.  A bit far to travel just for a free cake though.

I'm out for lunch on Sunday to a pub I've not been to before with my elderly neighbour.  A pleasant couple of days until DH returns on Sunday evening. 

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend whatever your plans ☺️

• Like 14

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Very nice Kalos.

Avril. @Adawn47

Andy. @AndyMichelle

Emam.

Jane. @Beckett.

Thanks for thinking of us Graham, I hope Pauline and yourself are well? 

I still stick my nose in occasionally, but lose track of this thread as it moves so fast. 

Love to everyone. 

Andy & Michelle xx 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thanks for thinking of us Graham, I hope Pauline and yourself are well? 

I still stick my nose in occasionally, but lose track of this thread as it moves so fast. 

Love to everyone. 

Andy & Michelle xx 

Thank you Andy.

I hope you and Michelle are both well too.

We made Caribbean level on P&O after our last cruise so happy with this.

Best wishes and if you spot me on a P&O ship I would love to buy you both a drink.

Graham and Pauline xx.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone it’s a lovely sunny morning again here , we went to the beach yesterday for our usual lunch , bottle of fizz and salmon rolls and this time the beach wasn’t busy, went home to relax a bit then walk back down for the Friday fireworks from a distance.

Both sets of daughters have gone camping this weekend in swanage so I’m looking after the cats and cooking lots of brownies today different flavours, chocolate maltesers, chocolate orange, white chocolate and raspberry, for their 22 Anniversary.

Have  a lovely weekend everyone and get well wishes for those that feel under the weather at the moment.

Brian I hope your eye procedure went ok and you didn’t feel anything and faint unlike me when I had my ingrown toenail cut out the other week I passed out before they started just looking at the instruments on the table and the thought of what they were going to do 😂😂 I did come home with a xtra toe though.

IMG_7941.jpeg

IMG_8001.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone it’s a lovely sunny morning again here , we went to the beach yesterday for our usual lunch , bottle of fizz and salmon rolls and this time the beach wasn’t busy, went home to relax a bit then walk back down for the Friday fireworks from a distance.

Both sets of daughters have gone camping this weekend in swanage so I’m looking after the cats and cooking lots of brownies today different flavours, chocolate maltesers, chocolate orange, white chocolate and raspberry, for their 22 Anniversary.

Have  a lovely weekend everyone and get well wishes for those that feel under the weather at the moment.

Brian I hope your eye procedure went ok and you didn’t feel anything and faint unlike me when I had my ingrown toenail cut out the other week I passed out before they started just looking at the instruments on the table and the thought of what they were going to do 😂😂 I did come home with a xtra toe though.

IMG_7941.jpeg

IMG_8001.jpeg

Happy 22nd anniversary wishes for both of your daughters.

It is our 43rd anniversary on Thursday 22nd August.

I hope your operation sorts your ingrown toenail.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kalos said:

We are having a weekend at Warners ,Gunton Hall. We were chatting to a family at breakfast. The very pleasant Father stated ' before I retired I was a plumber.' It wasn't Brian......no eye patch...no glass of voddy.🤣

• Haha 8

Hi all,typing this without my glasses,couldn't yesterday cos of my eye patch/shield.Thanks for the good wishes.It all went well like an assembly line ending up in a stable type room with 8 3 sided pens with 7 women,as 1 went in for the op 1 more came in.The actual op only took a few mins with just one sharp pain for a second.I think he thought my eye was a pickled onion and stuck a cocktail stick in it.Can read my book now only in certain light conditions without glasses and the other eye will be done in a few weeks.8 days from Boots eye test to the op in a private eye hospital in Romford,all NHS,brilliant.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Great to hear from you Brian, the worst is over (which was really just the anxiety beforehand). 

Yeah half of the women in the room had one eye done already and were reassuring all the others,lol.We had to wait in there for the drops to dilate the eye.

• Like 4

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok. It’s been a bust thread this morning!!

We went out for a meal with family last night, unfortunately i forgot to take photos of the food but it was very nice. Unfortunately about three hours after getting home I started to feel unwell and was sick. I was the only one to have seafood so I put it down to that. 

I feel fine now and have just been to the gym.

This a photo of me and Richard last night

IMG_2383.png

• Like 19

I can't do any weights in the gym for a week in case blood pressure builds behind eye.I'm restricted to my powerwalking now.Best to be safe than sorry I suppose,bit frustrating for someone as OCD as me,lol.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok. It’s been a bust thread this morning!!

We went out for a meal with family last night, unfortunately i forgot to take photos of the food but it was very nice. Unfortunately about three hours after getting home I started to feel unwell and was sick. I was the only one to have seafood so I put it down to that. 

I feel fine now and have just been to the gym.

This a photo of me and Richard last night

IMG_2383.png

Nice photo Michelle.

Sorry to hear you were unwell last night but pleased to hear you are okay now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,typing this without my glasses,couldn't yesterday cos of my eye patch/shield.Thanks for the good wishes.It all went well like an assembly line ending up in a stable type room with 8 3 sided pens with 7 women,as 1 went in for the op 1 more came in.The actual op only took a few mins with just one sharp pain for a second.I think he thought my eye was a pickled onion and stuck a cocktail stick in it.Can read my book now only in certain light conditions without glasses and the other eye will be done in a few weeks.8 days from Boots eye test to the op in a private eye hospital in Romford,all NHS,brilliant.Cheers,Brian.

Pleased to hear everything went well Brian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have only just found time to check in today.  DH has spent the day decorating on the lounge.  I got out of his way by shopping this morning and bowling this afternoon.  We had a great match everyone won so consolidated our position at top of the league.  Our B team didn't do so well and are now 4th in the league but there is still time for things to change with 7 weeks left to the end of the season.

DH's sister has call me to say that they have to come to Stoke tomorrow so they are going to call to see us, I have warned her that we are decorating so the house is a bit untidy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Where is everyone?.

I hope everyone is feeling well this morning.

I tried a new pillow last night and woke up at 6am with a headache and stiff kneck 😟.

Church this morning.

I hope you all have a restful day.

Avril @Adawn47 I hope you are both well.

Jane @Beckett I hope you are okay too.

• Like 9