P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It’s really cold here tonight, the heating has kicked in. Over the weekend we had lovely weather and now it’s baltic,

Promised a smattering of snow on the hills tomorrow.

Hopefully it’s warmer further south.

We have also been forecast an arctic blast later this week, 12 oC but feels like 7 oC. 

May be an image of 1 person, dog and text

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Haha 14

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Had my cataracts done 3 weeks last friday.They said 6 weeks for the other eye.I arranged an appointment in Boots last thursday and they referred me again.Got a phone call today and they're doing the op tomorrow morning.You don't ask you don't get,lol.

Good news Brian.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have also been forecast an arctic blast later this week, 12 oC but feels like 7 oC. 

Feels like winter is here early. Hopefully just a blip.

Cold weather makes me feel like comfort food, too early in the year for that!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kalos said:

If your happy with your drug dealer ,that's all that counts 🙃😉🤣

We went to Morrisons today and purchased cans of caffeine free coke for our RC cruise. Strange folk we are. We go to the supermarket every Monday and into town on Friday. Bank to get some cash and pay the credit cards, shops, lunch ,coffee and a look around the shops. We don't internet bank, or have groceries delivered...Strange people it seems. Death of the High St?. Not our fault. DW tries here best to keep the shops busy.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We went to Morrisons today and purchased cans of caffeine free coke for our RC cruise. Strange folk we are. We go to the supermarket every Monday and into town on Friday. Bank to get some cash and pay the credit cards, shops, lunch ,coffee and a look around the shops. We don't internet bank, or have groceries delivered...Strange people it seems. Death of the High St?. Not our fault. DW tries here best to keep the shops busy.🤣

Our bank closed down, the last one in the village or surrounding area. Every time I visited the one in the nearest big town they try to push me to use the machines which I politely declined. I eventually told them that while I was perfectly capable of using the technology I didn’t want to so stop pushing it. 

Same goes for those self service check outs. Even Boots has taken away the counters and replaced them with the pesky machines. Neither wonder people can’t communicate anymore, there is no one to talk to just beeping machines with bar code readers (fe if any of which accept cash).

Im sure the local shops appreciate your DWs efforts, don’t think of it as her spending money, think of it as her civic duty 😀.

• Like 10

I hope  this isn't unsuitable to post here, We share things that bother us so will confide in you.

As you know I am now partially disabled and in  pain all the time although I have a  Pain Clinic appointment next week, after a year.

My surgery was the best,  Now terrible.  So many people, so many complaints.   Anyway in February we  saw some  kind  of Practitioner who said to me. You have backache?"  Understatement or what.  She then proceeded to type out anything I said on her mobile "sending to a colleague to help with diagnosis" apparently.  We sat in silence, then I asked a question and she told me my time was up.  We left disgusted.

Anyway the other day I received something called ''Patient knows Best" by e mail which I thought was a scam but it is a new NHS thing. I went in and just glanced at my  records and was stunned and astounded to see Patient wants to end her life.  WHAT never never never did I ever  say such a thing, nor would I.   Yes it was her above.   OH is my witness.  I invite him to all medical things in case I forget something. I flew down the surgery but they couldn't find it and needed it in writing.  I went again today and hopefully it will be deleted.  I also want any red  warning dots or similar removed.

Oh happy days.

One thing I had a good ECG result today even though it only works to 80% capacity!  😃

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

I hope  this isn't unsuitable to post here, We share things that bother us so will confide in you.

As you know I am now partially disabled and in  pain all the time although I have a  Pain Clinic appointment next week, after a year.

My surgery was the best,  Now terrible.  So many people, so many complaints.   Anyway in February we  saw some  kind  of Practitioner who said to me. You have backache?"  Understatement or what.  She then proceeded to type out anything I said on her mobile "sending to a colleague to help with diagnosis" apparently.  We sat in silence, then I asked a question and she told me my time was up.  We left disgusted.

Anyway the other day I received something called ''Patient knows Best" by e mail which I thought was a scam but it is a new NHS thing. I went in and just glanced at my  records and was stunned and astounded to see Patient wants to end her life.  WHAT never never never did I ever  say such a thing, nor would I.   Yes it was her above.   OH is my witness.  I invite him to all medical things in case I forget something. I flew down the surgery but they couldn't find it and needed it in writing.  I went again today and hopefully it will be deleted.  I also want any red  warning dots or similar removed.

Oh happy days.

One thing I had a good ECG result today even though it only works to 80% capacity!  😃

Neither wonder you are upset, that is absolutely dreadful (and unfortunately you are not the first person I have heard with a similar issue).

Get them to confirm in writing that they have removed any such markers. If you are in any doubt that they have done so, then make a subject access request.

I'm sorry you have had to deal with this, you don’t need it. Great re the  ECG.

Hopefully you are in bed and asleep now.

• Like 9

It is awful that you need to keep an eye on your medical reports like this - I had a scare a while ago when one report on me had (I think) initials like EOL on it.  I deduced this might mean end of life, and consulted my Dr. son in law.  It does indeed of course.  It did then have an arrow sign on, which translated as more than  3  years.  Still not nice to see.  Yours was truly horrible, and someone deserves a big telling off at least.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Oh happy days.

That is truly awful and very upsetting for you to read that on your notes.

I hope it is soon sorted.

Great news about the ECG tho!

• Like 8

@indiana123 it sounds like you saw one of these Physician Associates.  People who have a first degree, often but not exclusively a science degree, take a 2 year course, with various modules and attachments, then are qualified, apparently.  They can do anything except write prescriptions. All work is supposed to be under the supervision of doctors.

I could, but probably shouldn’t, go on

There’s plenty to read about this

It’s probably the next big scandal, where we will be hearing of death and malpractice 

I’m sounding, and feeling, too political - best stop

• Like 12

The heating has kicked in this morning and I am listening to some pensioners on the news talking about their worries with the winter fuel payment stopping.  We know that we are in a fortunate position of not needing the money but I am concerned that some people are going to be really suffering.

Take care and stay warm everyone.  

• Like 14

5 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry to read of your troubles but wonder if your missreading your heart readings .

After my heart failure I was a bitt miffed with my readings as I was not hitting  100% .

My cardio  told me if our hearts ran like that we would be like a balloon, that would 

inflate and deflate with every heart beat 😲

https://www.google.com/search?q=heart+works+80%+capacity&oq=heart+works+80%+capacity+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIKCAEQABiABBiiBDIKCAIQABiABBiiBDIKCAMQABiABBiiBNIBCjM0Njk1ajFqMTWoAgiwAgE&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Our bank closed down, the last one in the village or surrounding area. Every time I visited the one in the nearest big town they try to push me to use the machines which I politely declined. I eventually told them that while I was perfectly capable of using the technology I didn’t want to so stop pushing it. 

Same goes for those self service check outs. Even Boots has taken away the counters and replaced them with the pesky machines. Neither wonder people can’t communicate anymore, there is no one to talk to just beeping machines with bar code readers (fe if any of which accept cash).

Im sure the local shops appreciate your DWs efforts, don’t think of it as her spending money, think of it as her civic duty 😀.

In Tesco there's a bloke in the machine who talks to you and then you can sing to him.

Bread machine is chugging away and the vegetables that were starting to look a bit sad are chopped up and in the soup maker ready for switching on at lunchtime.

Off to do the school run now, such a joy 😂 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

In Tesco there's a bloke in the machine who talks to you and then you can sing to him.

Not just any old man in the Tesco DIY scanning machine. Listen carefully and then tell me it isn’t Rishi Sunak. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

You could use the machine to do that sir, said our helpful bank manager....If we all did that, the bank wouldn't need Managers......would it ?.🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

On ships our buzzer goes of when we are sittling at the bar before dinner. Bzz,bzz,bzz. I pick it up and say hello. DW says..don't do that people will think your stupid. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4