P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26 minutes ago, kalos said:

Yippe give that lady a T-shirt   "BIN there DUMPED that " :classic_wink:

We are looking forward to a rubbish Christmas eve ,that's our next bin day !

Ours is the same day (hopefully). I hope they can fit both of us into their busy schedule. 
🎼 The road (between chez kalos and sunny Stoke) is long, with many a winding turn, that leads us to who knows where, who knows when....🎼 (not ever so appropriate but never mind) 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

We've got a free virus upgrade here.I'm gonna buy a lottery ticket,I feel lucky.

Norton have extended my virus protection for 3 months. Stay sure are renewing our annual travel insurance, same price but for 15 months. Covid Cover now included. That's us sorted . Virus protection and insurance cover.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We've an extra exciting outing today, our bin is out 4 days earlier this week because of Christmas. I can't stand the excitment🤪

Avril

Ooh Avril, ours goes out tonight as well. Can't wait. Only one day early, though.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Are you sure about Christmas Eve Kalos? I didn't think they worked then, at least they don't here.

Avril

Christmas Eve is a ‘normal working day’ so they work here. I was going to say postmen work Christmas Eve but goodness knows if they will this year! Still haven’t got many Christmas cards. I often work Christmas Eve but this year I booked it off .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning all. 

Moving on, and looking on the bright side, there's a complete order (no substitutions) from Waitrose coming around 7, with some nice food for Christmas, a couple of bottles of Marsala, and some interesting new chocolate I haven't yet tried.

It's also Sunday, which is croissants + hot chocolate from a Velvetiser day.

Good day ahead!!!  ☺️

Along with the hot chocolate and croissants, if you have access to today's Sunday Times, Rod Liddle is excellent.

I know - you'll need to hop into the sheep dip first.😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Same here in contaminated Surrey. All those panicky leavers have left.

I think that some people around here think that we are in Tier 4 lockdown, we just got back from our walk and have seen 2 cyclists, 1 car driver, 1 runner and 1 walker this was over 2.5 miles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Same here in contaminated Surrey. All those panicky leavers have left.

Unfortunately seeing all those people heading home or wherever on the trains last night there will be an upsurge in cases in all areas by this time next week.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I think that some people around here think that we are in Tier 4 lockdown, we just got back from our walk and have seen 2 cyclists, 1 car driver, 1 runner and 1 walker this was over 2.5 miles.

Don't know whereabouts you are in Stoke but "Up Anley Duck" its throwing it down, again and again and again!!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Along with the hot chocolate and croissants, if you have access to today's Sunday Times, Rod Liddle is excellent.

Thanks, Annie. You're right - the hard copy's still in the decontamination zone, but I've had a look at the online version.  Can't bear Rod Liddle because of all the background stuff, but it's a funny piece.

'Skanky northern towns' with 'inhabitants copulating in the streets' though?  

Has he never been to Eton?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Unfortunately seeing all those people heading home or wherever on the trains last night there will be an upsurge in cases in all areas by this time next week.

I guess it is inevitable that it will spread across the country. Slowing it down will only work if folk follow the rules. Any bets on that happening?

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I guess it is inevitable that it will spread across the country. Slowing it down will only work if folk follow the rules. Any bets on that happening?

No bets at all..... Most sensible people will obey the rules but unfortunately there is the minority that don’t believe this is serious - and will cause the inevitable damage for January.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks, Annie. You're right - the hard copy's still in the decontamination zone, but I've had a look at the online version.  Can't bear Rod Liddle because of all the background stuff, but it's a funny piece.

'Skanky northern towns' with 'inhabitants copulating in the streets' though?  

Has he never been to Eton?

Believe he's a Middlesbrough lad - can't get much more northern than that.

I can sometimes predict who you do and don't like... One of life's mysteries is how he got under the Beeb's radar.

Fancy a spot of Quentin Letts, or perhaps Richard Littlejohn, next? <ducks hastily>😉 

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Our Waitrose order isn't due until tuesday so no Sunday Times. I have entered the 'Where Was I competion in the Times online.Anyone else do that competition?

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Are you sure about Christmas Eve Kalos? I didn't think they worked then, at least they don't here.

Avril

Our bin day is Friday but as you can see they are coming  this Thursday 24 DEC.

We like to work our bin men :classic_wink:

20201220_130824.thumb.jpg.954c355c9a062a4c1fa5eae9ec9a0f0a.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Our Waitrose order isn't due until tuesday so no Sunday Times. I have entered the 'Where Was I competion in the Times online.Anyone else do that competition?

I didn't plan to, but if you tell me the answer I might🤣

46 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Don't know whereabouts you are in Stoke but "Up Anley Duck" its throwing it down, again and again and again!!!!

But the sun has come out this end --- hopefully it will make its way to you 😉

Someone mentioned light hearted programmes. We watched a re run (yet again) of the Good Life the other day when Margot's Christmas is not delivered by Harrod's because she sent it back as her tree was 6 inches too short. Made us laugh so much. Nothing like good old comedy programmes so think we will stick to those over Christmas. Don't fancy anything deep and meaningful this year !

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I saw a short clip this morning of the mass migration at London train stations, and then they wonder why this virus is still spreading!!!! Honestly, I give up😲

Avril

• Like 7