P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Did you transgress one of the forum rules then?

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Have you been naughty and sent to sit in the corner ?

"Fight Club" rules on here, so I couldn't possibly comment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

More good news for us, David's sister just called to tell me that her daughter in law has had a baby boy and my nephew text me while I was taking to her to tell me that he has taken his wife to the hospital because she has gone into labour with their baby so it looks like we are getting 2 great nephews possibly on the same day or one day apart. 

How exciting!! Let’s hope you don’t have to wait too long to be able to see them and give them a cuddle

Michelle

Josy - that is lovely news.  I am thankful for the internet at present, as I am sure you will be, in that we can see photos of how the little ones are progressing online - even short videos and facetime calls.  We have a great granddaughter, now 3 months old, who was,  like Springsteen, 'Born in the USA' , so there is no chance of any of us seeing her for quite some time.  

A marvellous change from the 'olden days', when you got photos in the snailmail.  And a huge boost to morale at present.  Some of my friends genuinely like having one sent to them occasionally, just to see the  innocent little face, with perfect skin - cheers you up no end.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just done my happy dance, I just received message from the doctor.  I just have to get unblinded on the vaccine trial now so that I can book my vaccination if necessary.  I just wish that they had sent David's first.  I am 67 so they are obviously starting to vaccinate under 70 s in Stoke.Screenshot_20210209-165813.thumb.png.37ab4fedf25059ea6d7a035115ac5c61.png

Such good news for you. It is just a pity that you will have to unblind yourself from the trials but I will do the same when I get the call. Shouldn’t be too long now because I will be 65 on Feb 26 so probably due to jump up a level on that day 😊.
To an untrained layman like me, I would have thought it would be useful research to keep you on the trial if you had the Novavax vaccine to monitor your immunity levels when  you have had one of the other vaccines as well, to compare levels with those who will have the Novavax vaccine when it is available to all. There is probably a good and obvious reason why they don’t do this. 🤔

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Clear blue sky here, again very cold, its not forecast to get above 0o all day, great for walking as the ground is hard so no need to stick to footpaths.

Same here Phil. Hever mind the cold, you can keep warm with all the candles on your Birthday Cake. Have a very happy birthday Phil 🥂

Avril

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Hi Kalos, yes I'm still here and reading every day following everyone's news and views.  Especially pleased to hear of those who are getting their jabs, and those of you who are doing ok coping with health issues.  Thanks for thinking of me - we're  riding it out like everyone else, staying positive with hopes of better times ahead.   Take care (l know you do) and keep well.  I love to read your posts and send my very best wishes.  🤗

Providing your safe ,that's great you take care Kruzze :classic_smile:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Changing the subject slightly, has anyone noticed an unusual jump in car insurance premiums lately? 

Mine came through this morning and they’re up by just over 20% (LV) for no obvious reason. Obviously, I’ll check around and negotiate, but just wondered if this is a typical increase?

Haven't had the car insurance yet, but I have noticed fuel is sneaking up, must be speculators pushing it up as it can't be people actually using more at the moment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Changing the subject slightly, has anyone noticed an unusual jump in car insurance premiums lately? 

Mine came through this morning and they’re up by just over 20% (LV) for no obvious reason. Obviously, I’ll check around and negotiate, but just wondered if this is a typical increase?

Did Mrs W's car last month. Premium up by 10% or so, so shopped around and got the same price as last year.

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Haven't had the car insurance yet, but I have noticed fuel is sneaking up, must be speculators pushing it up as it can't be people actually using more at the moment.

And sterling is strengthening against the dollar as well.

19 hours ago, davecttr said:

Hello everyone I am still here and somewhat embarrassed at all your kind replies. It is not much of a depression, honest, just initial signs that I recognized from the last time which thankfully was quite some time ago and even then never became really dangerous. The snow has stopped and the sun is shining and the kids are screaming and shouting as they sledge down the slope outside and I had a good long talk with my neighbour. I was thinking where would we be without the internet and forums like this. I will bounce back soon enough.

You did the right thing to express your feelings on here Dave and I for one was heartened reading all the lovely responses so in a roundabout way you've done me a good favour.

Thanks & all the best.

Damian

(Now waiting for a barrage of roundabout jokes from Kalos - no pressure!).

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Paging kalos - message for Mr Kalos

I’ve had an idea for another photo-extravaganza, if you’d like to pick it up and run with it

”Around the World in 80 (or more) days”

Start at Southampton, inviting pics (especially) but also memories and anecdotes, and proceed, slowly, literally around the world - on cruise ships, obvs

So, I’m thinking, (though if you take it on just do it as suits you best) Southampton followed by round GB & Ireland (decide clockwise or anti-clockwise, decide whether to include Scandinavia, Iceland, Baltic - or whether to leave them till the end), then Iberia and Canaries, then Med.  Decide whether to do Med one & a half times & head off round the world through Suez or to go once round the Med & then go transatlantic - etc etc etc

I think it might need a bit of refereeing 

Just an idea.  Love it if you fancy organising.  If not - no matter.  Good luck

Love it and would have picked this up but now I'm back working...talking of which I must stop reading this thread and get on!

• Like 2