P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

I completely agree that they are beautiful birds but some amongst us are protective of other equally beautiful small water fowl who may provide a beautiful heron with dinner. Nature can appear cruel as well as beautiful.

You're never going to stop the natural activity of any wild animal, however hard you try. Any duckling you save is one less meal for the herons chicks.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I hope everyone is ok.  Are you having crazy weather like we are - bright sunshine & blue sky one minute, hammering rain the next.  Nice rainbows though  🌈  Haven’t found the crock of gold.

Feeling pretty low today.  An anniversary sort of thing, I think.  I well remember Friday 13 March 2020.  Johnson had done his first broadcast the day before - “a lot of people are going to die “ sort of thing, and people had started their own voluntary lockdown.  It was a nice day and we walked to the pub.  It’s normally rammed on a Friday lunchtime but there were hardly any customers.  We had a soup but didn’t feel comfortable and didn’t stay long.

And that was it, basically.  Haven’t felt free since.  Still watching cases rise again in Europe and stop falling in the devolved nations here.  That might be ok if vaccination means cases do not progress to serious illness, hospitalisation and deaths.  We’ll see.  I’d still rather err on the side of caution and forego thought of holidays this year to secure holidays every other year.

If I disappear from CC for a while, don’t be alarmed.  I’m low; I’m bored with circular arguments and I think it’s break time.  Maybe only for a day or two, maybe until things look better, maybe when I actually have a cruise in prospect!  Who knows?

Take care.  Be well

Take care 👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I hope everyone is ok.  Are you having crazy weather like we are - bright sunshine & blue sky one minute, hammering rain the next.  Nice rainbows though  🌈  Haven’t found the crock of gold.

Feeling pretty low today.  An anniversary sort of thing, I think.  I well remember Friday 13 March 2020.  Johnson had done his first broadcast the day before - “a lot of people are going to die “ sort of thing, and people had started their own voluntary lockdown.  It was a nice day and we walked to the pub.  It’s normally rammed on a Friday lunchtime but there were hardly any customers.  We had a soup but didn’t feel comfortable and didn’t stay long.

And that was it, basically.  Haven’t felt free since.  Still watching cases rise again in Europe and stop falling in the devolved nations here.  That might be ok if vaccination means cases do not progress to serious illness, hospitalisation and deaths.  We’ll see.  I’d still rather err on the side of caution and forego thought of holidays this year to secure holidays every other year.

If I disappear from CC for a while, don’t be alarmed.  I’m low; I’m bored with circular arguments and I think it’s break time.  Maybe only for a day or two, maybe until things look better, maybe when I actually have a cruise in prospect!  Who knows?

Take care.  Be well

Sorry to hear you are feeling low.Please don't disappear from CC.I always find your posts quite encouraging and positive which I feel helps when I am having a down day.Take Care

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You're never going to stop the natural activity of any wild animal, however hard you try.

That's enough about you John :classic_wink: 

Joking apart we all have to eat to survive.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Take care.  Be well

Sorry to hear that. The news changes every few hours - with some dramatically good news sometimes. You may feel better after a break from all those circular arguments.

See you soon - all the best.

Harry

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Take care.  Be well

You too Brian. Look after youself.  Jane.x

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

John is just about to phone up about our electric bill, they want to put our monthly payment up but we’re in credit!! Cheeky things. They’ve done this before...

You should talk!  Our company went bust and we have been put with EDF until they can sort it out!

52 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Take care.  Be well

I remember this time last year very well. 

I was 60 on March 15th last year, and we had booked a Warner's break at Littlecote.  We travelled on Friday 13th.  It was booked pre-Covid, and we did a lot of soul searching about whether to go or not.  We decided that we would still go, but keep ourselves as socially distant as possible.  When we got there, it seemed everybody had the same idea and was being as careful as us. It ended up being a really good weekend, and I'm so glad that I had that chance of a last hoorah of the old life. 

We travelled home on Monday the 16th. We started the day having breakfast in our hotel, and ended the day starting our own personal lockdown.  Very strange.

I'm feeling a bit shocked at the moment. I heard today that someone I used to work with has been on a ventilator in an induced coma, due to Covid.  They nearly lost her, but in the last 3 days she's been taken off the ventilator and has even been able to walk a short distance.  Obviously, she's got a long way to go, but she's had a terrible time of it.  She's about 64 or 65, so not particularly old. 

We still  have a long way to go in this pandemic, and we can't take our guard down just yet, even with the vaccine.  I am hoping for some freedoms this summer, but its not over yet.

Don't blame you for having a break - I'm working on my family history which giving me something non Covid to focus on, and I've found it's really helping my frame of mind. 

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Hi Eglesbrech. I hope all went well at the doctors, and you are feeling a little better today.

Avril

Hi Avril, sorry for the delay in replying. I have basically been sleeping day and night and feel a bit better for it. I only got up for a shower and to change to fresh PJs and OH has changed bed sheets etc. The sheets looked like a CSI outline in sweat!

Back on more medication from the doc which will hopefully send this packing for good this time. My temp is already dropping a bit. My Oh is taking it hourly, while I know he is concerned I think it has more to do with the fancy new thermometer he acquired for the purpose. Boys and their toys.

Anyway sleep is the best thing at the moment so I’ll catch up with you all in a day or so.  Take care.

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I was 60 on March 15th last year, and we had booked a Warner's break at Littlecote.  We travelled on Friday 13th.  It was booked pre-Covid, and we did a lot of soul searching about whether to go or not.  We decided that we would still go, but keep ourselves as socially distant as possible.  When we got there, it seemed everybody had the same idea and was being as careful as us. It ended up being a really good weekend, and I'm so glad that I had that chance of a last hoorah of the old life. 

We travelled home on Monday the 16th. We started the day having breakfast in our hotel, and ended the day starting our own personal lockdown.  Very strange.

I'm feeling a bit shocked at the moment. I heard today that someone I used to work with has been on a ventilator in an induced coma, due to Covid.  They nearly lost her, but in the last 3 days she's been taken off the ventilator and has even been able to walk a short distance.  Obviously, she's got a long way to go, but she's had a terrible time of it.  She's about 64 or 65, so not particularly old. 

We still  have a long way to go in this pandemic, and we can't take our guard down just yet, even with the vaccine.  I am hoping for some freedoms this summer, but its not over yet.

Don't blame you for having a break - I'm working on my family history which giving me something non Covid to focus on, and I've found it's really helping my frame of mind. 

Happy birthday in advance Dermotsgirl.

Pauline is 59 tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Hi Avril, sorry for the delay in replying. I have basically been sleeping day and night and feel a bit better for it. I only got up for a shower and to change to fresh PJs and OH has changed bed sheets etc. The sheets looked like a CSI outline in sweat!

Back on more medication from the doc which will hopefully send this packing for good this time. My temp is already dropping a bit. My Oh is taking it hourly, while I know he is concerned I think it has more to do with the fancy new thermometer he acquired for the purpose. Boys and their toys.

Anyway sleep is the best thing at the moment so I’ll catch up with you all in a day or so.  Take care.

Take care and best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 1

Things seem to get people down every now and then and we get a bit restless.

each and everyone of us have our own reasons and some we share. After spending 

over a year in this pandemic, who can blame us ? It has not been easy for anyone.

I think now the evenings are getting lighter and the weather gets warmer, we get that

feeling, we want to spread our wings and get out more ,but we know we cannot yet !

We sense that things are getting better ,vaccines on the up and infections are going

down, at last . It's like a long car journey , as much as you love your car ,you just cannot

wait to get out of it  and we will but until then feeling bored fed up and sick of it is ok .

Don't worry about it , chilling out and gathering your thoughts is a good thing but always 

remember ...We are in this together  .. Take care and stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

Remember  !         believe-good-things-on-way-2-220x300.jpg.9e6edd8b22a00c1a048210106d26dcc6.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Take care.  Be well

Sorry to hear you're feeling low. Hope things improve for you soon.

Take care.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We were there at the same time. A little strange. A slight undercurrent of nervousness. Everyone seemed quite aware of the impending doom. Perfectly fine as folk were being quite sensible. Apart from that rowdy party from Kent.🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

We were there at the same time. A little strange. A slight undercurrent of nervousness. Everyone seemed quite aware of the impending doom. Perfectly fine as folk were being quite sensible. Apart from that rowdy party from Kent.🤣

That's a coincidence that you were there too.  

I thought it was like an eve of war atmosphere. Every one knew that life was going to change, but they were going to enjoy the last chance of freedom! 

PS My husband and myself are never rowdy!! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

That's a coincidence that you were there too.  

I thought it was like an eve of war atmosphere. Every one knew that life was going to change, but they were going to enjoy the last chance of freedom! 

PS My husband and myself are never rowdy!! 

Did you do the tour of the old house?. All a bit bloodthirsty.

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Take care.  Be well

I'm so sorry Eddie - I called you Brian in my reply. You look after yourself. Jane.x

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I wondered how you were doing because you had mentioned a doctor's appointment. You're right, sleep is the best thing, you sleep yourself better. It's nice to know you have a willing male nurse in attendance to look after you and to experiment on with his new thermometer. Take care and 'Get Well Soon' x💐🍇

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1