P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

If I remember correctly Phil, weren't they spotted over Huddersfield at one point?  We used to pass through Hudersfield on the way to Halifax Speedway, and always remembered that advert with a laugh.

Avril

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If I remember correctly Phil, weren't they spotted over Huddersfield at one point?  We used to pass through Hudersfield on the way to Halifax Speedway, and always remembered that advert with a laugh.

Avril

This is the one where they tried to take their smash into the EU post Brexit

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I watched Randy Rainbow and Joe Biden after that as well. He's hilarious. Randy Rainbow I mean😀

Avril

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Smash :classic_wacko:

Does anyone still buy and eat this stuff ? As a teenager if we were off camping 

we would buy it along with a packet of "Bean Feast" - (Fake mince) and a tin of 

beans to try and enhance the taste . The stuff we used to eat back then  but one 

thing I would not eat was the dreaded Marmite . I suppose some of us were born 

to eat the stuff  but I'm with the baby on this one ..:classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

beans to try and enhance the taste . The stuff we used to eat back then  but one 

It's called Quorn and Tofu nowadays.All the rage.I love twiglets.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

9°C and raining.

Pauline felt a little weak and shivery yesterday the day after her AZ vaccine.

She feels a little better this morning after eating her breakfast in bed.

Wish her better from me please Graham.  Best wishes. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Whenever we meet people and get talking particularly on a cruise we try to never mention politics or religion, that's how it is supposed to be on this forum.

We are the same.

I like to talk sport and holidays.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are the same.

I like to talk sport and holidays.

Sport graham is all we’re watching at the moment, cycling, ice skating, xgames,extreme e racing, snow boarding, and now F1 staring this weekend, Dacar race , we got fed up watching films and brought a rowing machine to try and get fit and slimmer for our cruises 😁 I hope Pauline is a lot better today I’m sure you looked after her 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

My husband had a scan on Wednesday and the doctor surgeon phoned him up last night at 6.30 to give him the results, from reporting something to the doctors 2 weeks back and getting blood results and being referred to hospital seeing a surgeon then having a scan and results in two weeks is brilliant, I think these doctors and surgeons are brilliant trying to catch up and checking out any cancer scares etc and not forgetting the brilliant nurses 👏

Michelle I hope everything goes smoothly too for you and enjoy your toblerone 

Thank you. I am out now, results Monday. Hope your hubby is ok too

Michelle

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

My husband had a scan on Wednesday and the doctor surgeon phoned him up last night at 6.30 to give him the results, from reporting something to the doctors 2 weeks back and getting blood results and being referred to hospital seeing a surgeon then having a scan and results in two weeks is brilliant, I think these doctors and surgeons are brilliant trying to catch up and checking out any cancer scares etc and not forgetting the brilliant nurses 👏

I am 8 days into a similar process. had the blood tests etc etc and saw the Urology consultant this afternoon. Next step is a MRI scan and I will get the appointment letter by post. He did say he thinks the result will show I have nothing to worry about 🤞

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sport graham is all we’re watching at the moment, cycling, ice skating, xgames,extreme e racing, snow boarding, and now F1 staring this weekend, Dacar race , we got fed up watching films and brought a rowing machine to try and get fit and slimmer for our cruises 😁 I hope Pauline is a lot better today I’m sure you looked after her 

Thanks.

Football,golf and cricket are my main sports.

Pauline was okay earlier but she has just gone to bed feeling unwell.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I am 8 days into a similar process. had the blood tests etc etc and saw the Urology consultant this afternoon. Next step is a MRI scan and I will get the appointment letter by post. He did say he thinks the result will show I have nothing to worry about 🤞

I hope everything is fine for you Dave.🤞

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Pleased to hear your husband is okay.

It must have been a big worry and the doctors and hospital have been excellent to check everything was fine and contacted you to put your minds at ease.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I suspect Covid is being used by John Lewis as a convenient excuse to slim down what’s become a very bloated and expensive estate over recent years.

Times have changed, and JL no longer has the edge it once had. Amazon changed all that.

Waitrose, however, is still out there on its own. A little pricey, but no other supermarket, except perhaps Booths, offers the same experience.

Trouble is they are a “partnership” so if one fails the other suffers too! John is in a large warehouse and they had department store workers going there instead of furlough! They weren’t happy ( I wouldn’t have been!)

• Like 2

Hope everyone’s various tests scans etc bring the right results.

HopavPauline bounces back soon. 24 hrs after my Pfizer one the other day I came over all shivery and odd for a couple of hours. Very odd as I was fine after the first one. My arm does suffer though !

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

9°C and raining.

Pauline felt a little weak and shivery yesterday the day after her AZ vaccine.

She feels a little better this morning after eating her breakfast in bed.

Graham I was the same after the az jag. Really not well for 48 hours with a high temp, shivery and aching all over. It went as quickly as it came so she will be just fine in due course. Send her my best please as a fellow sufferer.

The good news is that she should suffer less from the second jag.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Fingers crossed all is well for you 

Michelle 

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Yep remember smash, vile stuff.

I did however enjoy bean feasts. Much better than the “ vesta” versions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Graham I was the same after the az jag. Really not well for 48 hours with a high temp, shivery and aching all over. It went as quickly as it came so she will be just fine in due course. Send her my best please as a fellow sufferer.

The good news is that she should suffer less from the second jag.

Are you fully recovered Eglesbrech from your recent illness?

25 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hope everyone’s various tests scans etc bring the right results.

HopavPauline bounces back soon. 24 hrs after my Pfizer one the other day I came over all shivery and odd for a couple of hours. Very odd as I was fine after the first one. My arm does suffer though !

My brother in law was fine after his first Pfizer jab but ill after the second.Apparently its common with the AZ to feel bad after the first jab but ok after the 2nd but the other way round for the Pfizer vaccine.Seems odd but as long as they work...

• Like 2