P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

29 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

MI hope everyone has had a good weekend and not eating too much chocolate, I’m also looking forward to some new itineraries out this week but quite honestly we have got quite a few booked up till April 2023 but want to squeeze some more in this summer if possible. 
Ive had a busy 4 days so far till this afternoon when I went in the hot tub to wind down with my favourite bottle of bubbly. In-laws decided they both wanted to be I’ll late Thursday night so I had to call doctors out Friday morning 111 and we all know how long it can take for a doctor to come out but both on antibiotics now and doing fine , spent a few days round there doing breakfast, pills. , lunch, pills, dinner, pills and get them to bed , then my daughter ended up in A&E Saturday afternoon with severe shoulder pain ( a ongoing thing with shoulder joints) where you actually can’t move your arms , got discharged for a few hours then ended back in hospital all night ( gives the same symptoms as heart attack) so I was awake all night on call to go and pick her up which was 5.30 this morning. She’s drugged up at the moment and hopefully will have a operation soon , so I decided to go into hot tub to recharge my batteries for tomorrow with my favourite bubbly . Hope you all have a good day and tomorrow 

Oh no. What a nightmare few days for you. Glad you having a nice relaxing afternoon - I think you certainly deserve that.

• Like 2

Thank you sue and purplesea it’s going to be a hard few weeks ahead with my daughter until she will get a operation in the joint  ,so lots of cooking dinners and probably school runs and house work for me but that’s what mothers or family do at times of need , I also had the same problem 10 years a go but not as much pain has her , my younger son also has the same problem with painful shoulder joints , weird I know 🥴

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

I’m looking forward to the new itineraries being published tomorrow

As I'm sure you know, I've been posting the new itineraries on the relevant thread, if you don't want to wait until tomorrow! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Sunny day here, had a frost overnight as grass in churchyard opposite was white over this morning as were a few car windscreens, quite pleasant outside at the moment, wind shifts round to north north west tonight so expect to see the same tomorrow, with a strong northerly wind going to be cold Easter Monday, at least forecast snow showers seemed to have disappeared from forecast.

Was planning some minor repairs to fencing, but found step ladders had corroded at joints so unsafe to use, can’t complainI bought them in 1979.so brought a set of the tripod style steps, which mean I can trim the hedge tops easier and not have to put the wooden sleeper under back legs to make them level on slopping area near fence. 

My cordless drill then packed up whilst drilling wall in garage for brackets for tool rack which I bought last year but just getting round to fitting.

Thought instead I would jet wash slaps at side of garden as get slippery with the lichen on them, then found I couldn’t use my new expandable hose with a pressure washer.

So I need to find a 40m standard hose to use with it and B&Q is shut today.

So it’s been an expensive day so far with new steps and drill ordered online and not a very productive one as I have not been able to complete the jobs I started. 

I think it’s time for chocolate 🍫 

I think you deserve to buy yourself a new set of steps after 42 years , a bit like my husband when going to do some DIY things start falling apart 😂, we also ordered a new pressure washer after only 12 months and two weeks just out of guarantee but the company honoured it and replaced it for a new one , enjoy your chocolate 🍫🍫🍫

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

MI hope everyone has had a good weekend and not eating too much chocolate, I’m also looking forward to some new itineraries out this week but quite honestly we have got quite a few booked up till April 2023 but want to squeeze some more in this summer if possible. 
Ive had a busy 4 days so far till this afternoon when I went in the hot tub to wind down with my favourite bottle of bubbly. In-laws decided they both wanted to be I’ll late Thursday night so I had to call doctors out Friday morning 111 and we all know how long it can take for a doctor to come out but both on antibiotics now and doing fine , spent a few days round there doing breakfast, pills. , lunch, pills, dinner, pills and get them to bed , then my daughter ended up in A&E Saturday afternoon with severe shoulder pain ( a ongoing thing with shoulder joints) where you actually can’t move your arms , got discharged for a few hours then ended back in hospital all night ( gives the same symptoms as heart attack) so I was awake all night on call to go and pick her up which was 5.30 this morning. She’s drugged up at the moment and hopefully will have a operation soon , so I decided to go into hot tub to recharge my batteries for tomorrow with my favourite bubbly . Hope you all have a good day and tomorrow 

66796165-8B3A-4DA9-9EA6-01123581C55C.jpeg

What a hectic weekend.

I hope your daughter is okay and you enjoyed your bubbly.

• Like 2

I did indeed graham , drinking bubbly and cheese sticks in the hot tub in the sun is a naughty habit 😂 but it’s my chill out time , I’m not sure if the next few days a bit chilly though but we do have the hot tub at 40 degrees at the moment, makes up for the cold wind chill 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

My word, you've certainly had a weekend and a half haven't you!!?   Enjoy the champgne and hot tub, you deserve it🥂.

Avril

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My word, you've certainly had a weekend and a half haven't you!!?   Enjoy the champgne and hot tub, you deserve it🥂.

Avril

Thank you Avril, I came on here last night to keep me awake waiting for the phone call to go and pick her up so jumped from different forums for a few hours but didn’t expect it to be at 5.30 , they also think it could have a connection with her COVID jab she had last Sunday aggravating her shoulder ( same side ) obviously I’m to blame passing on my genes 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

So sorry to hear this Purdey. What a horrible and very worrying few days for you. I wish you and your daughter well and hope you get a good sleep tonight. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 3

Good morning ,the weather here this morning is 1.c with a minus 8 wind chill and 

lightly falling snow giving us a very light dusting . Should get up to 6.c later. 

I think that's another day inside for us and dependant on where you are I would wrap

up well if venturing out this morning . 

I thought I would have a read of the papers this morning and its good to see the military

intelligence are on top of things :classic_unsure: ...

image2.jpg.69c44c5602da40a39e9c539b6e92fc71.jpg

Also if you get a speeding fine you can ,pay up ,go on a speed awareness course or better still

get a job as a postman :classic_wacko:.... 

image1.jpg.3384e232548a0ef51308095fc5f614e9.jpg  

As we get ready to vote in our country in the elections and ponder who to vote for ? 

Over the pond the voters do it slightly different to us :classic_unsure:....

1572347556_votetovote.png.17af6988f3a3f76ae321b81e74ff2d34.png

Have a good day and stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning ,the weather here this morning is 1.c with a minus 8 wind chill and 

lightly falling snow giving us a very light dusting . Should get up to 6.c later. 

I think that's another day inside for us and dependant on where you are I would wrap

I thought I would have a read of the papers this morning and its good to see the military

:classic_smile:

Once again Kalos, you gave me reason to ponder and smile, for which I thank you yet again 😇

My daffs and tulips are mostly at a 45 degree angle this morning in the wind, so I hope it calms down and gives them time to recover.  Inside for us today too I think.  My recently cobbled together (and much used by friends already)  'outdoor café' will go unused alas!

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Buona Pasqua. (I only know that as I got an Easter card from our favourite hotel).

What would you normally be doing in Italy?

Prego,yeah, everywhere would be shut as well in Italy but to be expected in a more "devout" country.Just forgot it's the same here,sono stupido,lol.Got our bus pass,going again today.Cheers,Brian.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

image2.jpg.69c44c5602da40a39e9c539b6e92fc71.jpg

Also if you get a speeding fine you can ,pay up ,go on a speed awareness course or better still

get a job as a postman :classic_wacko:.... 

image1.jpg.3384e232548a0ef51308095fc5f614e9.jpg  

As we get ready to vote in our country in the elections and ponder who to vote for ? 

Over the pond the voters do it slightly different to us :classic_unsure:....

1572347556_votetovote.png.17af6988f3a3f76ae321b81e74ff2d34.png

Have a good day and stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos for my morning pick me up and laugh.

0°C here with a light dusting of snow on the ground.

More snow is expected today and tomorrow.

Another day watching TV.

Boris is on later today.

Graham.

• Like 2

Good morning all. It's very cold and very windy down south today. I just took Ted out for what turned into a very short walk - he's just had his Summer haircut (wish I could get mine) and he was most indignant at being made to expose himself to the cold and is now sulking in his basket. Ted is my dog by the way - not a husband or partner!

Thanks Kalos for, as Graham put it, our morning pick me up. Your posts always make me smile and are a lovely start to the day.

Purdey, I hope you slept well last night and things are a bit better for your daughter today. Do let us know.

No vaccine clinics today. Although the plan was to work right through the weekend, due to religious festivals we took the decision to postpone rather than run the risk of low uptake and potential wastage. All back to normal tomorrow until the end of this week. We've been vaccinating 2nd Pfizers but after we use up these batches we have no more Pfizer until May. We'll be back to AZ week commencing 12th and I think are going to be calling the 50s - no instructions till tomorrow so we wait to be told. 

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend everyone. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Purdey I hope that things start to pick up for you.  You must be terribly worried with everything that is going on in your family.  

• Like 4

Reading the papers ,on a more serious note England is to be offered a lateral flow test

that can be picked up from a chemist or sent for online and they will be free of charge.

The rest of the UK will make their own arrangements . 

A good tool into getting rid of this awful virus , that's if people use it . I can well imagine 

a minority will find a reason not to use this free service . The good thing is it will take the

guess work out of if you are a carrier or not . Can only be good news for the would be cruisers

as well .

https://news.sky.com/story/rapid-twice-weekly-covid-tests-to-be-offered-to-everyone-in-england-including-home-delivery-12266222 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Easter Monday ?  It's more like Boxing Day !  Very cold, dusting of snow, did we really have to put parasols up last week because it was too hot ?  Crazy England eh !!!

We have no snow but it is bitterly cold this morning, I saw our neighbour de-icing her car before she went to work.  I am just glad that we don't have to go anywhere today. 

• Like 1

Good morning all. Well the house is still here, despite the wind trying to carry it into different county. What a night!! I hardly slept a wink. Howling wind, car alarms going off and the house opposite's security light, which shines into our bedroom by the way, continually switching on and off with the wind. Much better this morning, blue skies and sunshine, with a light breeze, cold though, a chilly 2c with a feel of -4c. Nice when inside in the warm and looking out, which I have every intention of doing today.

Hair cut in 9 days and counting👧

Avril

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Reading the papers ,on a more serious note England is to be offered a lateral flow test

that can be picked up from a chemist or sent for online and they will be free of charge.

A good tool into getting rid of this awful virus , that's if people use it . I can well imagine 

a minority will find a reason not to use this free service . The good thing is it will take the

guess work out of if you are a carrier or not . Can only be good news for the would be cruisers

as well .

https://news.sky.com/story/rapid-twice-weekly-covid-tests-to-be-offered-to-everyone-in-england-including-home-delivery-12266222 

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

as well .

I agree that it is a good move but unfortunately the ones who won't use it are the ones who are probably the same ones who are ignoring the rules because they think that they are immune.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning all. Well the house is still here, despite the wind trying to carry it into different county. What a night!! I hardly slept a wink. Howling wind, car alarms going off and the house opposite's security light, which shines into our bedroom by the way, continually switching on and off with the wind. Much better this morning, blue skies and sunshine, with a light breeze, cold though, a chilly 2c with a feel of -4c. Nice when inside in the warm and looking out, which I have every intention of doing today.

Hair cut in 9 days and counting👧

Avril

Have a good day Avril lights were a problem here last night too.  David had to get up and switch our security lights off during the night because they kept going off because the branches of one of the trees was wafting about and setting the light off on that side of the house and lighting up our bedroom.

• Like 2

Windy overnight her, street littered with Ivy leaves this morning from building over the road where they “disconnected” the branches from the roots around 3 weeks ago, now it’s dying off leaves are falling from it.

This morning cold and windy with occasional snow showers, temp hovering around 1C, no sitting on patio today. Need to fill car up with fuel today, first time this year as into read and we at a English Heritage volunteers meeting on site tomorrow to go through Covid procedures for next week’s reopening of outdoor aspects of site. It will be May before I return as I work inside and those parts will be closed. 

• Like 2