P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Lovely day for my birthday, 25 times 3, off to York later for a celebration lunch al fresco at our favorite Italian Restaurant.

Have a very happy birthday Eric, a Taurean like me. Enjoy your birthday lunch in the sunshine🍷

Avril

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Rising here too, Avril. Probably no surprise, given the relaxations, but it does hack me off to see papers like the Telegraph constantly pushing to scrap all the restrictions early on such limited evidence.

The serious problems in India are being put down to complacency too soon after the last wave, and if we don’t take this seriously we’ll be in the same position. Vaccines are great, but they’re not yet a total solution.

One of the biggest problems is selective hearing Harry. My daughter had to pick up her prescription in town on April 12th and said the centre was heaving with people, many not even wearing masks, so the outcome was inevitable. I know the vaccines aren't the solution, but until people see sense that's all we have.

Avril

Good morning all , lovely blue skies here again today but the wind is a bit nippy, I’ve got the garden set up for my daughter and son-in-law coming round for coffee and cake in a minute she’s have if a operation next week on her shoulders so doing her visiting before COVID test and isolation, I’m certainly going to be busy next week with the father in law in for his arm operation to take out all the metal work and possible amputation and my daughter getting new arms two days later 🥴 it’s a big joke in the family and I’m sure ther both be ok .

Kalos look after your head today and don’t be a red top put a cap on it 😎

Avril hope your sore head clears up quickly and stick to the white wine 🌞

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Have a very happy birthday Eric, a Taurean like me. Enjoy your birthday lunch in the sunshine🍷

Avril

Thanks Avril, when my Grandsons were younger I used to tell them that the flags flying on St George's day were for my birthday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's lovely here at the beach.

We are going to have a short walk before I go to the bank then I think we will sit in the garden later.

30 minutes ago there was a lad sitting on the cliff edge at the left of my picture and 2 police officers walked across and brought him back off the edge.

10 minutes later all 3 appeared at the top of the steps and an older lady possibly his mam gave him a hug then all 4 walked away together.

It looked like the lad might have been in a bad way but safe for now.

1619171771273480086885023967559.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Lovely sunny day again, but we desperately need some rain now for the farmers and the gardeners amongst us. Getting rather serious now for growers.

Fortunately we had a band of light rain sit over us for 18 hours 2 weeks ago which has helped keep things well watered for now. However the BBC weather 2 week forecast shows it staying dry throughout which could cause issues in parts of the country that have missed out on recent rain.

In the last couple of days I keep being logged out of cruise critic after an hour or so and having to log back in, is anyone else having this issue? I normally keep the website tab open and can stay logged in for weeks.

2 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

In the last couple of days I keep being logged out of cruise critic after an hour or so and having to log back in, is anyone else having this issue? I normally keep the website tab open and can stay logged in for weeks.

It's a problem some of us have encountered occasionally. No idea why it happens, but it does rectify itself, at least it did for me. I keep the tab open too, and if I read any posts on my phone I have to log back in when I use the laptop again, but that's all now, so far that is🤞 Hope I've not just jinxed myself😬

Avril

• Like 1

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Beautiful sunny day down here in Devon, bit of a cold wind, but that's fine.

Guess who is not using a cane at all in the house, climbing the stairs normally and thoroughly enjoying being back at work.

Well done Jean. You'll be dancing the Can-Can on the table in no time😉

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You’re doing really well Jean.  Have you forgiven the dog yet?

I found some English asparagus on our dog walk/fish purchase mission, so all is well

The infection etc figures are becoming difficult to gauge now, aren’t they, as case numbers rise but hospitalisation and deaths drop?  Hopefully somebody who understands, and can work out the next steps, is in charge.  Sometimes I wonder.  I guess unlocking is theoretically bound to result in more infection, but if those who are fully vaccinated have only a tenth as much chance of catching it as we all had a year ago ...

I think the UK situation is pretty good.  I don’t think international news is anything like as good, and as long as international travel is pretty loose I feel there is a danger that the vaccine benefits could be lost.  Ho hum

I must say I am enjoying and appreciating the confidence 2 jabs have given me, the weather and outdoor hospitality.  I’m in no rush to go back inside pubs, restaurants or the cinema

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning Jane,

With you on all that!

Wonder if you’re able to help with a little query if you have time?  My wife had a second Pfizer appointment lined up for 8 May (GP hub) but it was cancelled this morning by text with a note that there’ll be another text fairly soon with a booking link.

They have been running a couple of weeks ahead of the 12 week schedule round here, but this is worrying her a bit. My guess is they’re just cancelling all the existing appointments to pool them for the booking link, and that she might actually get done sooner, rather than later, than the original date.

Or is there perhaps a Pfizer supply issue?

Harry

Morning Harry. 

There is a slight delay in the deliveries of the Pfizer.  It's not a supply or stock issue, just a hold up in the logistics of delivery.  We had to pool our lists a few weeks back and will do the same again if necessary.  We have been told to expect deliveries mid-May onwards.  I know we're in different parts of the country but if I get any more information I'll post on here to keep you in the loop. In the meanwhile please tell your wife not to worry as she will definitely get her second vaccine.  Have a lovely weekend.  Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 3

Nice sunny day down here but wind is making it feel cold.  Had my Tesco delivery and quite a few subsitutions, but couldn't see the difference with some of them🙄

A lot of lovely photos from everyone on here too.

Happy St George's Day to you all and enjoy your day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Morning Harry. 

There is a slight delay in the deliveries of the Pfizer.  It's not a supply or stock issue, just a hold up in the logistics of delivery.  We had to pool our lists a few weeks back and will do the same again if necessary.  We have been told to expect deliveries mid-May onwards.  I know we're in different parts of the country but if I get any more information I'll post on here to keep you in the loop. In the meanwhile please tell your wife not to worry as she will definitely get her second vaccine.  Have a lovely weekend.  Best wishes. Jane.x

Thank you so much, Jane - very much appreciated. She’s obviously a bit concerned because the second jab had a date that was put in place at the time of the first one, and we’ve been making plans accordingly. They’ve been calling people around a fortnight early too, so expectations in the area have been raised.

Nothing we can do though - as you say, it will happen at some point.

Harry

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh dear. I check our local cases on a morning and here in Barnsley they are on the rise again 110.1 per 100k, up from 94.1 per 100k.  2nd jabs due in 8 days 3hrs. Can't wait.

Avril

Our local paper is reporting that in a number of areas, including where we live Covid-19 is officially classed as 'suppressed' as there have been fewer than three infections in the space of a week.

The same report says that in 2 parts of the city the rate is 5 times the England average so I think that I will stay local.

The good news is that there are no  "critical" Covid cases at UHNM for the first time in 7 months.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Beautiful sunny day down here in Devon, bit of a cold wind, but that's fine.

Guess who is not using a cane at all in the house, climbing the stairs normally and thoroughly enjoying being back at work.

Brilliant news Jean, take care on those stairs.

46 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Morning Harry. 

I can definitely agree  regarding delivery of the Pfizer vaccines. I've had the whole week off as none available. We've amalgamated clinics next week but every body will get their 2nds., some even getting it a little bit earlier than expected. 

Week off was very welcome  but could have been a bit warmer here on the East Coast 

Tomatoes need to go in but still having  frosts at night. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The same report says that in 2 parts of the city the rate is 5 times the England average so I think that I will stay local.

One of the issues with dwindling cases, is that numerically, you do not need to have that many additional cases to generate an abnormally high percentage figure.

So, if for example, the national infection rate is, say 25 per 100,000, [which is an average in itself], you only need to find 125 cases to give a 500% the national average figure.

Obviously too many, but as we fortunately enter a much improved situation, smaller numbers can lead to seemingly frightening percentage figures, whereas in reality the actual physical numbers are still relatively small. 

• Like 3