P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 hours ago, ann141 said:

Will the Minnack Theatre be re opening soon? We watched a great production of Pride and Prejudice there a few years ago and being outside should help prevent transmission of covid

It is open but only for booked tours as present, but due to open for shows next month. Their first show is also  The Fisherman's Friends. 

• Like 2

Morning all, belated happy birthday to @Bloodaxehope you enjoyed your alfresco lunch.

Im not a red wine person, they give me bad headaches and it’s not worth it! I like white and rose.

Shame the rates are going up in some areas, I’ve just checked ours and it’s still 14 per 100,000.

Horrible stressful shift for work yesterday but also got the GP call for John’s second vaccine, next Friday which will be 11 weeks after his first. So that’s good news.

• Like 9

Another day of bright sunshine but still windy. Our temp at present is 11c but with the wind making it feel 7c and it's only expected rise to 14 but with the winds?

Daughter and husband coming round later with food to cook on the BBQ to celebrate  our 45th wedding anniversary with us.

I used to drink white wine, but when we went out for meals I was the only one drinking white and would have just a small amount of red. I now drink mainly red, although I do drink white and rose from time to time, but only if they are dry I don't like a sweet wine.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We had a new patio laid a couple of months ago, and been buying some new planters and pots so we can add some extra colour. We’ve also painted old pots to give them a new lease of life. 

We have a new shed on order. We were hoping for a May delivery, but this has slipped to August, as they have been inundated with orders, plus Covid has slowed down production. Likewise, the new patio table and chairs are delayed due to the perfect storm of Covid, Brexit and Suez Canal.  

Over the last year we have bought our plants online. We particularly like You Garden and J Parker’s.

However, I still love Dobbies. We went there on Monday for coffee as they have a large outdoor seating area. It was so good to be back. 

Did you have to book for Dobbies or just turn up? I’ve been thinking that would be a good place to go.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Did you have to book for Dobbies or just turn up? I’ve been thinking that would be a good place to go.

You can just turn up.

However, it’s probably best to get there early-ish. We arrived at 9.20am, and it was still quiet in the cafe. By the time we left the store at around 11am, there was a  (socially distanced) queue for the cafe 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

It is open but only for booked tours as present, but due to open for shows next month. Their first show is also  The Fisherman's Friends. 

Funnily enough, I opened a magazine last night and there was an article about theatres that were planning to open soon.The first 2 mentioned were The Globe and The Minack!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

However, I still love Dobbies. We went there on Monday for coffee as they have a large outdoor seating area. It was so good to be back. 

Our Dobbies doesn’t have an outdoor area, so restaurant still closed, all chairs stacked to stop anyone sitting on them. Rarely use them, we tend to use a local independent coffee shop not those of big chains.

Only visited Dobbies after visiting local independent garden centre which had sold out of the planters we wanted and geraniums, they were open during most of the lockdowns with a delivery service if they weren’t able to open, they are being rewarded now by an increased number of customers, Dobbies was quiet in comparison. 

• Like 2

Another day of bright sunshine but still windy. Our temp at present is 11c but with the wind making it feel 7c and it's only expected rise to 14 but with the winds?

Daughter and husband coming round later with food to cook on the BBQ to celebrate  our 45th wedding anniversary with us.

I used to drink white wine, but when we went out for meals I was the only one drinking white and would have just a small amount of red. I now drink mainly red, although I do drink white and rose from time to time, but only if they are dry I don't like a sweet wine.

Happy anniversary to you both. I hope the weather stays nice for you🍷

Avril

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kalos said:

It's been in the papers also this week that their is a Marmite shortage due to the brewery's 

not producing beer due to the pubs shut in the lockdown, hence a big shortage of the old 

yeast extract . Some of you will be quite sad to find this as some will not, for differing reasons,

being some hate the stuff and others like  the stuff. (A bit like politics and Tipping posts we 

get on here:classic_unsure:)  If you like marmite I hope you manage to get your supplies but fortunate for

me I cannot stand the stuff but that's just me .:classic_smile:

Enjoy your weekend and lets keep safe :classic_love::classic_smile:

Off to the shops to do some panic buying....

I may be some time....😀

• Haha 2

Happy 45th wedding anniversary today for you both and it's even more special because you can share it with your daughter and son in law.

Graham.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, purplesea said:

Happy anniversary to you both

Joyful - Free Chocs - Flower Delivery - Birthday Flowers - Next Day Flowers – Flowers - Next Day Flower Delivery

• Like 7

Had a lovely few days - went over to visit our caravan last night and spent much of today putting together the new balcony furniture (3 hours of fun) and giving it a Spring clean. Have to say, we love the new furniture and the van looks all squeaky clean!

Also had the pleasure of meeting some CC buddies. Hello to Pete - it was lovely to meet you, Mrs Pete, Mr Pete Jr and Charlie. Very strange to meet people for real for the first time after what seems a very long time, but great none the less. If you pick this up, enjoy the next few days folks and hope you find that sandy beach 😉 Look forward to many meet ups in the future when we can talk cruises more and compare notes ! (Hopefully, when the weather is colder we are allowed to meet up indoors or someone will need to bring the Brandy!)

Happy 45th to Purplesea

Anyway, sea air and sunshine lead to just one thing ............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sometimes even I feel sad , just read this news that's coming in and after reading 

it a couple of times, I ask myself why and my heart goes out to this good person 

and his family :classic_sad:

https://news.sky.com/story/ambulance-worker-dies-after-object-strikes-windscreen-during-response-to-999-call-12285972

Sometimes words are not enough. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

😞

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sometimes even I feel sad , just read this news that's coming in and after reading 

it a couple of times, I ask myself why and my heart goes out to this good person 

https://news.sky.com/story/ambulance-worker-dies-after-object-strikes-windscreen-during-response-to-999-call-12285972

That is dreadful news Kalos.

I hope they catch whoever did this and they are punished accordingly.

Graham.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, kalos said:

😢 awful.

• Like 1

Went to Sissinghurst  castle gardens today, not a cloud in the sky, gorgeous. Met my mum and dad there and my mum had her roller with her so that meant we had a bit of a problem with some of the narrow paths. Lovely afternoon finished off with a coffee and scone sitting outside. 
My favourite garden is the ‘White Garden’ where all the plants are white but we’ve never been there at this time of year, if was full of white tulips and daffodils- lovely! 

6C5CECE7-137A-4D25-A57D-11B9A3B7AB5B.jpeg

2730CA5E-93F7-4311-9F4B-72F32F6E7E3E.jpeg

9C54599F-C60B-41FF-A16F-8E60ACD57919.jpeg

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

You can just turn up.

However, it’s probably best to get there early-ish. We arrived at 9.20am, and it was still quiet in the cafe. By the time we left the store at around 11am, there was a  (socially distanced) queue for the cafe 

Thank you, to be honest it was like that before lockdown!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That why i've been staying quiet and keeping my head down Kalos😉

Avril

I think a few of us regulars checked out for a while today.

Hopefully the joke video changed the tone.

A friend of mine on RCG forums posts a photo of his cute dog at times to calm a thread.

Screenshot_20210424_210646.jpg

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think a few of us regulars checked out for a while today.

Hopefully the joke video changed the tone.

A friend of mine on RCG forums posts a photo of his cute dog at times to calm a thread.

Screenshot_20210424_210646.jpg

That works for me Graham, he's so cute. You can take up the baton for the P&O forum.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1