P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

35 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have been out for our usual walk and saw hardly anyone, just another couple who live 2 houses away from us.  Where have they all gone ? Is Durham busy with tourists today ?  Are they all soaking up the sun on beaches ?

River Wear at Durham..

River Tees at Barnard Castle.

2 very nice places.

We are at Seaham Co Durham overlooking the beach.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

It's a very nice morning , done naff all really ,had a walk around our garden and then 

got into my typhoo exercise routine giphy.gif.c341fff6e3fb0b59167a37a0220a0806.gifVery Nice !   :classic_biggrin:

Have a nice day everyone !:classic_smile:

Traitor kalos. Shame on you. Yorkshire tea for Yorkshire water. 😜

Avril 

• Haha 1

It’s all pretty quiet here

We’ve picked up, and enjoyed, our roast beef Sunday meal takeaway from a local cafe.  Very good.  Couldn’t face the sticky toffee pudding and custard just now - that’ll be our tea, I guess 

Just a heads up, though I’m sure you’re all on the ball - I had an email yesterday from TV Licensing telling me my monthly payment for the TV licence had been declined by my bank.  Good email, looked OK superficially.  Sadly, the licence is not paid from my account - and greater scrutiny showed a few odd spellings and syntax errors.

I don’t normally get this sort of rubbish - so a heads up to everyone to Stay Alert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We’ve picked up, and enjoyed, our roast beef Sunday meal takeaway from a local cafe.  Very good.  Couldn’t face the sticky toffee pudding and custard just now - that’ll be our tea, I guess 

Just a heads up, though I’m sure you’re all on the ball - I had an email yesterday from TV Licensing telling me my monthly payment for the TV licence had been declined by my bank.  Good email, looked OK superficially.  Sadly, the licence is not paid from my account - and greater scrutiny showed a few odd spellings and syntax errors.

I don’t normally get this sort of rubbish - so a heads up to everyone to Stay Alert

I've had the same happen to me with my mobile bill. I always, always double check anything like that that comes via email or text by contacting the relevant  company personally to verify.

Avril 

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nice walk, people social distancing on beach.

I envy you your part of the world, Graham!  Some of our very best family holidays ever were taken in the north-east - usually a bit further up in places like Craster and Beadnell.  Empty beaches and roads then, even in August - wonderful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

I envy you your part of the world, Graham!  Some of our very best family holidays ever were taken in the north-east - usually a bit further up in places like Craster and Beadnell.  Empty beaches and roads then, even in August - wonderful!

Seahouses and Bambrough Castle too.

The Northumberland coastline is lovely.

All the beaches from Scarborough in Yorkshire up to Seahouses Northumberland about 120 miles are lovely

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

All the beaches from Scarborough in Yorkshire up to Seahouses Northumberland about 120 miles are lovely

Love Northumberland. Spent many holidays there.......  Alnmouth, Bamburgh, Farne Islands, Lindisfarne Castle.  Wonderful beaches so unspoilt.   The fish and chips at Seahouses and crab sandwiches at the nougat Craster always go down well too.  We miss visiting since we moved.  Might be back again soon given we're not cruising for some time!

Could settle for that! 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

I have had those and similar from ( allegedly) DVLA. I would advise that you just delete them. There is very nice prince from Nigeria who is helping with my P&O refund. That should arrive soon now that I have given him my PIN.

Seriously watch out for the Amazon scam where they ask you to press option 1. That connects to a super premium rate call.

• Like 2

Help......how do I get rid of that uploaded image in my previous post?  I'm not very good at this! 😏

Image seems to have gone now but can I get rid of that 'click to choose files' prompt?

P.s previous post should read 'pub at Craster'  .... where did nougat come from?. 😆

Edited by kruzseeka

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

The Weymouth webcam makes things look bearable

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/Camsecure2/Weymouth_Seafront_Webcam.html

Might try it next week.  Might chicken out! 🙂

Just a bit too far for us as a comfortable day trip. We have done it by train when the £10 special is on. Might give it a go though if the weather is good.

2 hours ago, kalos said:

That's what you get with online shopping delivery Avril :classic_wink:

Well better than my ironing board cover which was substituted with 3 x Schwartz Hollandaise sauce mix!  To add insult to jury they didn't even send them but charged me!  🤔

Sorry folks - Durdle Door image shouldn't be there.  Can't seem to delete it.

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Well better than my ironing board cover which was substituted with 3 x Schwartz Hollandaise sauce mix!  To add insult to jury they didn't even send them but charged me!  🤔

I'll have to watch out for that. I have ordered my wife a new ironing board cover for her birthday. She hates Hollandaise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Know them both well (and the excellent fish and chips, eaten by the sea of course) at Seahouses.  We spent a lot of time on the coastline and the kids absolutely loved it too.  Shame it all goes wrong once you come south of the Humber (until you get to Norfolk).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Love Northumberland. Spent many holidays there.......  Alnmouth, Bamburgh, Farne Islands, Lindisfarne Castle.  Wonderful beaches so unspoilt.   The fish and chips at Seahouses and crab sandwiches at the nougat Craster always go down well too.  We miss visiting since we moved.  Might be back again soon given we're not cruising for some time!

Could settle for that! 😉

Untitled design (32).jpg.gallery(1).jpg

loved bamburgh and seahouses. Went with school as a kids was awesome. 

my kids will only get to go about 15 miles up the road from their school when they do their residential week. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Know them both well (and the excellent fish and chips, eaten by the sea of course) at Seahouses.  We spent a lot of time on the coastline and the kids absolutely loved it too.  Shame it all goes wrong once you come south of the Humber (until you get to Norfolk).

are you calling Skegness wrong? 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

are you calling Skegness wrong? 

The Lincolnshire coastline is very different from the beautiful coastline from Yorkshire northwards.  It has its attractions, including Skegness, Cleethorpes, and similar resorts, but it’s hardly scenic.