P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

18 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been bowling this afternoon and lost my game.  I actually played a man that I knew from work and his attitude has not changed, he is still still an unpleasant chauvinist.  The way that he yelled at his partner when she was playing her game was disgusting, if my husband called me "a silly *****" even in private he would not be my life for long.

Sorry you lost your game Josy. That man sounds very unpleasant, like you if I were married to him and he spoke to me like that he would be history and my ex-husband 

Michelle

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

We.must be of the same.mindset!  My front garden is lined with my Mum and Dad's roses and a couple are over 70 years old.  They never need a lot of care  a wash down with Fairy Liquid a couple of times a year.

I started my collection when we first got married in our small maisonette garden and they sort of multiplied. I keep saying I've no room but still find room when the impulse takes me.  I seek out roses with names of family members and for some reason the family keeps growing - two more babies due in June and September so no doubt two more no room roses.

We relocated all 14 of dad's roses, but unfortunately only 4 survived the move. They were about 30 years old at the time, so I was lucky any survived at all.

In the gales last year the only standard that had survived was damaged and I tried to rescue it, but no joy. I replaced it with a beautiful standard called Nostalgia, which seemed appropriate. 

Avril

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

As our captain said he obviously has an inferiority complex so tries to get at his partner because he knows that he can get away with it.  He also said that if he spoke to his wife like that he would be unable to play because he would have broken bones.😂😂

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

As our captain said he obviously has an inferiority complex so tries to get at his partner because he knows that he can get away with it.  He also said that if he spoke to his wife like that he would be unable to play because he would have broken bones.😂😂

That man's bullying to his wife in public was disgusting.

I dread to think how he treats her in private.

Sorry you lost your game Josy 

• Like 5

Another cracking day here after a misty start. We have spent most of the day sat in the garden reading. Forecast tomorrow is wall to wall sunshine, rock on. Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 8

Thank you everyone who said sorry  that I lost my game.  Like any sport we have good days and bad days, today was a bad day but fortunately there are more good days than bad days.  On a warm sunny afternoon like today it is good to get out and be thankful that we are still fit enough to play.  I managed to get my steps up over 1100 today so even a bad day met my daily exercise target 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Ruby Princess Alaska

This has been happening all day today both sides of the ship

First time I've ever seen whales in real life

When we were in Alaska we spent most of the  day watching for whales.  We and most other passengers were out on the deck and the staff were bringing trays of hot chocolate for us.  We had been out for several hours when DH went inside to go to the loo.  I have never been so pleased that he lad left the video camera with me because when he came back he didn't believe that  2 whales had come along side the ship until I showed him the film.  He still moans about missing the whales 16 years later 🤣🐳

• Like 11

For once I am pleased not to be onboard a ship - the Ruby Princess.  The reports and photos from ICF are awful - I would be far more fed up than he seems to be at the quality and most of all the queueing on board.

It looks like being a lovely day almost everywhere, so I hope everybody has a good one.

• Like 6

A beautiful sunny morning here we are taking  DH's younger sister and her son for lunch to celebrate her birthday which is tomorrow.  I am looking forward to the lunch at a restaurant where we haven't eaten.  It used to be a pub that we used to frequent before we married but haven't been there for a long time but we have eaten in the 2 other restaurants in the group.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

When we were in Alaska we spent most of the  day watching for whales.  We and most other passengers were out on the deck and the staff were bringing trays of hot chocolate for us.  We had been out for several hours when DH went inside to go to the loo.  I have never been so pleased that he lad left the video camera with me because when he came back he didn't believe that  2 whales had come along side the ship until I showed him the film.  He still moans about missing the whales 16 years later 🤣🐳

He and I share the same bad luck.In the Chilean fjords the Captain announced "whale on the bow".I went running up there to no avail.When I came back my mrs said he popped up right outside our balcony.

• Like 11

Morning all, just been watching the highlights of the Tyson boxing fight.

Time he gave  up and kept the  promise  he made his Mrs and enjoy a peaceful life with his family. 

Have a good day everyone 🙂

• Like 9

All my chores are done so I decided to  come outside to have my coffee.  Here is a photo of my attempt to make a fancy pattern  by moving my mug arround while the machine was filling it (a la the coffee shop on Princess) and my view at the moment 

20240519_073507.thumb.jpg.4ac5a0b73d5f7a681bd5f96fd7a9ba04.jpg20240519_073815.thumb.jpg.9d9aa1f07e11c4fdb82e5a3b913d17bb.jpg

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning all, just been watching the highlights of the Tyson boxing fight.

Time he gave  up and kept the  promise  he made his Mrs and enjoy a peaceful life with his family. 

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Morning Kalos,he's triggered the rematch clause already for October.Looking at the stills on the internet,their faces look like old men.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, davecttr said:

Day 9 of my wisdom tooth saga and I am fed up. All was going well until last night when the pain level increased and I used my remaining tablets. So I went shopping this morning for cater packs of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol and food so egg drop soup and scrambled egg is the order of the day. Apparently I need to allow up to 3 weeks for the healing process.I did plan to assemble my new garden storage boxes today but the weather forecast was heavy rain, guess what, no rain so far.

Wisdom teeth are a nightmare, my dentist tried for an hour to get mine out I was in agony! Another dentist came in and said I think she’s had enough now! I had it taken out in hospital in the end but I had to wait a couple of weeks and was overdosing on painkillers every day!

• Like 7

Dry and sunny?  It can’t last

Someone told me our jaws are getting smaller as we evolve away from heavy, bone-crunching, caveman features.  So our teeth are getting more and more crowded, adding even more problems to our already problematic wisdom teeth.

• Like 5

Morning all, thanks for the good wishes about my mum. My sister says the Home is probably missing her as she’s probably the liviest one there 😂 She walks up and down the corridors at 6.30am with her trolley to get her ‘exercise’! 

Her speech was so difficult to understand yesterday and poor John fell asleep in his chair by her bed as it was so warm! Plus he gets up 4.30am and had been at work until 2pm then straight up the hospital. 

I’m going to try going on the bus today and get there earlier than I can when I wait for John to take me, then he’s going to come and pick me up without coming in.

My plan to sort out clothes etc for my cruise has gone out the window!!

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Wisdom teeth are a nightmare, my dentist tried for an hour to get mine out I was in agony! Another dentist came in and said I think she’s had enough now! I had it taken out in hospital in the end but I had to wait a couple of weeks and was overdosing on painkillers every day!

Yes, it can a painful experience. This is my 3rd extraction over a long period, the first upper right  resulted in midnight hospital visit. The second lower right was OK and this third upper left one was OK for a few days. There was a development last night, the original dressing in the socket fell out but no bleeding and I had a better nights sleep with no pain killers. Hopefully I am over the worst as I am cruising in 3 weeks time. This extraction took 20 minutes including the injections.

• Like 7

Just now, davecttr said:

Yes, it can a painful experience. This is my 3rd extraction over a long period, the first upper right  resulted in midnight hospital visit. The second lower right was OK and this third upper left one was OK for a few days. There was a development last night, the original dressing in the socket fell out but no bleeding and I had a better nights sleep with no pain killers. Hopefully I am over the worst as I am cruising in 3 weeks time. This extraction took 20 minutes including the injections.

It worries me a bit that I’ve had 3 out of the 4 taken out. It was only the bottom ones that gave me gip but the second time I was told they’d take the top one out too as it would have nothing to bite against. So I do wonder if that other one is ok without the bottom one to bite against! 

Fingers crossed you’re over the worse now and can enjoy your cruise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

It worries me a bit that I’ve had 3 out of the 4 taken out. It was only the bottom ones that gave me gip but the second time I was told they’d take the top one out too as it would have nothing to bite against. So I do wonder if that other one is ok without the bottom one to bite against! 

The hardest bit is remembering to only chew on the other side, and tilting your head to the side when drinking liquids. Costa Coffee and Jamiaca Blue must be puzzled. The main meal today is scrambled egg or egg drop soup with rice noodles and bean sprouts.

• Like 6

It's been a long night! Went to bed early as I felt very tired and then woke at 3.00am for the cat to go on his nightly explore. Couldn't get back to sleep after that busy packing and repacking my suitcase in my head as I'm so stressed about the weather going forward.  Then after having a panic about this I caught up on the Cunard CC thread and gave myself something new to worry about as to what's above my allocated cabin.  I clearly never learn!

To compound it the blue sky at 4.00am has now disappeared and its grey and muggy making a very depressing start to the day. We have some gardening to do before I go away on Friday including digging out a rose bBush to put it in hospital for this season.  To cheer me up my husband is taking me to the garden centre to buy another one.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Have just returned from a fabulous 2 week break in Pafos, Cyprus so lots of reading on here and catching up with what you've all been up to for the last 2 weeks or more. 

20240514_112738.thumb.jpg.0eaa686c2b831bdc0ef40e264e6234d6.jpg

20240505_193754.jpg

20240505_195347.jpg

20240506_190811.jpg

20240507_192117.jpg

20240513_181700.jpg

I have been to Pafos twice, did a lot of touring around in our hire car, didn’t enjoy as much second time as temperatures were in the high 30s and for a week in the 40s, we found it too hot and one day we spent time sitting on the plastic patio chairs submerged in the villas pool! The poolside temperature was 46C and the pool temperature 28C. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Not nice going to the dentist, my dentist said ' Just lay back David  and relax,it will soon be over.

I told him my name is Kalos and I was relaxed!

He apologised and said he was David 😟

He went on to say my teeth were nowhere near as good  as his and he was older than me !

That's because your dentist is better than minewas my reply. 

He's not that bad really as he has won a dental award, did not get any medals ,just a little plaque 🤣

Have a good day and take care everyone 😊 

• Haha 10