P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

51 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, thanks for the good wishes about my mum. My sister says the Home is probably missing her as she’s probably the liviest one there 😂 She walks up and down the corridors at 6.30am with her trolley to get her ‘exercise’! 

Her speech was so difficult to understand yesterday and poor John fell asleep in his chair by her bed as it was so warm! Plus he gets up 4.30am and had been at work until 2pm then straight up the hospital. 

I’m going to try going on the bus today and get there earlier than I can when I wait for John to take me, then he’s going to come and pick me up without coming in.

My plan to sort out clothes etc for my cruise has gone out the window!!

I hope you find your Mum better today, Sue. It’s such a worry for you.

Gill x

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

We’re out this afternoon for a family restaurant meal and then back to our eldest sons house to continue the celebration of my MIL 90th birthday which is actually on Tuesday.

There is a bit of a distraction though because our local team Crewe are in the League Two playoff on the tv. Our youngest son drove up from Southampton yesterday for the celebration and it’s lucky that it’s not next weekend because he is going to the Southampton playoff at Wembley next Sunday!

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 6

Hi Everyone

Very warm and sunny here today - probably 22c but it feels warmer as there's no breeze.

Anyway, never mind the weather, it's the finale of the Premier League today and there's a very very very slim chance that Arsenal can win the league - and when I say slim think Kate Moss losing 4 stones! So @brian1 please can your boys do their best to help us out today-relying on you now.

For those who don't follow football please scroll on as this is a very boring post for you.

It's a day of goodbyes too, as the lovely Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpol and the fabulous Ian Wright is leaving MOTD. There will be tears - mine amongst them.

Have a great rest of the day everyone. Jane xx

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hi Everyone

Very warm and sunny here today - probably 22c but it feels warmer as there's no breeze.

Anyway, never mind the weather, it's the finale of the Premier League today and there's a very very very slim chance that Arsenal can win the league - and when I say slim think Kate Moss losing 4 stones! So @brian1 please can your boys do their best to help us out today-relying on you now.

For those who don't follow football please scroll on as this is a very boring post for you.

It's a day of goodbyes too, as the lovely Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpol and the fabulous Ian Wright is leaving MOTD. There will be tears - mine amongst them.

Jane,if there was a way to post a like,laugh and thanks emoji,I would.Good luck,Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

Hi Everyone

My apologies before you read this Beckett, but as a Stoke City fan, I am a founder member of the ATBA club - Any team but Arsenal.

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

It's been a long night! Went to bed early as I felt very tired and then woke at 3.00am for the cat to go on his nightly explore. Couldn't get back to sleep after that busy packing and repacking my suitcase in my head as I'm so stressed about the weather going forward.  Then after having a panic about this I caught up on the Cunard CC thread and gave myself something new to worry about as to what's above my allocated cabin.  I clearly never learn!

To compound it the blue sky at 4.00am has now disappeared and its grey and muggy making a very depressing start to the day. We have some gardening to do before I go away on Friday including digging out a rose bBush to put it in hospital for this season.  To cheer me up my husband is taking me to the garden centre to buy another one.

Congratulations MB, you've found another good excuse to buy a rose😉

Avril

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

A warm day blue skies with a temperature of 22C, warmer than that on out south facing patio, which my OH has just finished sweeping and washing down. Finished putting up the trellis this morning, and tied in the clematis as its rapidly begun to grow in the last 10 days. Next job to remove the insulation from the greenhouse and put the automatic window openers back on and then put up the shading. 

I wonder if my team may spoil the leaving party at Anfield, probably not given our current form, I hope the Hammers at least get a draw, and let Arsenal win the title, assuming they beat Everton.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I have been to Pafos twice, did a lot of touring around in our hire car, didn’t enjoy as much second time as temperatures were in the high 30s and for a week in the 40s, we found it too hot and one day we spent time sitting on the plastic patio chairs submerged in the villas pool! The poolside temperature was 46C and the pool temperature 28C. 

It was our 9th visit, but first in May - and first out of main school holidays. We have been in April for Easter a few times but we have mainly had to go in August so are used to it being really hot ! Love the hotel though as it always has a great sea breeze and plenty of shade. We have booked to return for our 30th anniversary later in the year expecting it to be cooler, but the staff told us it is still really hot, so guess we will have to cope with it as in the past. This year it was a real mixture of weather though it was still warmer than a summer's day at home ! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

My apologies before you read this Beckett, but as a Stoke City fan, I am a founder member of the ATBA club - Any team but Arsenal.

I see the viking could be.in your team soon ?

On his last game at Rotherham, he bought a lot of supporters a pint each. A true gent in the world of footie.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We’re out this afternoon for a family restaurant meal and then back to our eldest sons house to continue the celebration of my MIL 90th birthday which is actually on Tuesday.

There is a bit of a distraction though because our local team Crewe are in the League Two playoff on the tv. Our youngest son drove up from Southampton yesterday for the celebration and it’s lucky that it’s not next weekend because he is going to the Southampton playoff at Wembley next Sunday!

Didn't know that - fingers crossed for Crewe 🙂 They can swap places with the Vale then .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I see the viking could be.in your team soon ?

On his last game at Rotherham, he bought a lot of supporters a pint each. A true gent in the world of footie.

He signed a 3 year contract yesterday. I prefer him in goal for us rather than for any opponent because whenever I have seen him play, he has looked a class above any goalkeeper we have had for a few years. As for the 600 pints of beer he bought for supporters, I am sure there will be a lot of takers in the Potteries. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Didn't know that - fingers crossed for Crewe 🙂 They can swap places with the Vale then .....

Looks like they will be playing the Vale next season I’m afraid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

It was our 9th visit, but first in May - and first out of main school holidays. We have been in April for Easter a few times but we have mainly had to go in August so are used to it being really hot ! Love the hotel though as it always has a great sea breeze and plenty of shade. We have booked to return for our 30th anniversary later in the year expecting it to be cooler, but the staff told us it is still really hot, so guess we will have to cope with it as in the past. This year it was a real mixture of weather though it was still warmer than a summer's day at home ! 

We were there last week October. First week November last year. Beautiful weather.

Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Rude Pete, very rude. Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Had a chicken salad for lunch today between  enjoying the sunny weather.

Hope you all having a good day.20240516_125656.thumb.jpg.013fd81db543328b5e3f0bfd317fcce4.jpg

A little poetic licence taken Kalos.......Chicken and chips with a bit of salad.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Looks like they will be playing the Vale next season I’m afraid. 

Oh well - better than previous years when they've been at the bottom of that league. Well done for getting this far Crewe.

• Like 4

It just wasn't to be.

Congratulations to City for an amazing achievement of 4 consecutive titles.

Sorry @brian1 but there will be no claret and blue/red and white photos - my tears will make the colours run. 

Right, I'm going to get over myself now. Sorry to bore.

Have a lovely evening everyone. Jane xx

• Like 7

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

He signed a 3 year contract yesterday. I prefer him in goal for us rather than for any opponent because whenever I have seen him play, he has looked a class above any goalkeeper we have had for a few years. As for the 600 pints of beer he bought for supporters, I am sure there will be a lot of takers in the Potteries. 

What I actually know about football could be written on a postage stamp but my 16 years old Stoke City mad nephew sent this reply when I WhatsApped him yesterday to ask what he thought of the new goalkeeper.  

[18/05, 21:59] Jo:  What do you think of Stoke's new goalkeeper, Viktor Johansson ?
[18/05, 21:59] H: Great signing
[18/05, 22:00] H: 10th most cleans sheet even though they came bottom

I think that he is happy with the signing so I guess dad will be purchasing their season tickets again this year.

• Like 3