P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all.

I have 9 days off of childcare ahead of me, lots of jobs to get done but browsing on-line wins 😊

Hubby and I are off to the Isle of Wight next week for a few nights,  booking Red Funnel from Southampton  We should see Iona and Britannia in Southampton. 

It's raining here which is quite nice after the hot weather, the garden needs it.

Have a good day everyone.

We should possibly see you on the camera , have a nice time away :classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all.

I have 9 days off of childcare ahead of me, lots of jobs to get done but browsing on-line wins 😊

Hubby and I are off to the Isle of Wight next week for a few nights, due to go from Portsmouth, but we got a text from Wight Link yesterday to say our 3:40pm sailing had been moved to 11:40pm due to one of the ferries being out of service. We went on to their website so see if there was anything better timewise, website kept crashing and phones were constantly engaged so we ended up booking Red Funnel from Southampton instead and emailing Wight Link asking for a refund. We should see Iona and Britannia in Southampton. 

It's raining here which is quite nice after the hot weather, the garden needs it.

Have a good day everyone.

Have a lovely time next week, hope the weather is kind to you.
We go to the Isle of Wight at the end of August, a multi generational family holiday.

We have ferries booked Portsmouth to Fishbourne, just booked Premier Inn for night before we cross as it’s a long way for us to travel on the day. Hope my ferry isn’t changed now!! 
Michelle

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Euwgh - I wouldn’t go for that either

Waitrose version was good and meaty

Decent smoked bacon would work too I guess

Funny you should say that. Waitrose pancetta is, as you say, good, but we also use their very thin cut triple oak smoked streaky bacon as an excellent alternative. Personal taste of course but it’s the only bacon we eat these days.

• Like 1

We normally take a supply of Brit bacon and bangers but not allowed now with Brexit.Lidl Italia and 1 or 2 other stores sell streaky cured bacon.Quite nice when crisped up.My OH loves spag carbonara made with egg not cream and more meaty pancetta or bacon.

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

We go to the Isle of Wight at the end of August, a multi generational family holiday.

We have ferries booked Portsmouth to Fishbourne, just booked Premier Inn for night before we cross as it’s a long way for us to travel on the day. Hope my ferry isn’t changed now!! 
Michelle

Hi,PI  are good value at the moment,probably cheaper than b4 covid.

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Thank you, there's some rain forecast but we'll enjoy it anyway, haven't been since we were teenagers.

I would hope ferries would be back to normal by August, they are saying the disruption is due to their biggest ferry, Victoria of Wight, having engine failure. We were fortunate that we chose a flexi booking which means we only pay £5 cancellation fee.

I wanted to go from Southampton in the first place, so I got my own way in the end 😁

• Like 2

I think this may be a bit off topic for this forum   as it is cruise related  😉

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57482017

But is fairly interesting. I like the bit where writer says they dont think

the lines will be able to live up to their adverts.   I dont know

that I ever thought they did?

Bit about fines  in the US for  lines asking if you have had a Jab - I think most

going on a cruise would want that reassurance.

• Like 1

I’m enjoying a 7 night cruise on the Viking Venus, we’re in Falmouth today.

We have to produce a saliva sample every morning for testing, we cannot go ashore on our own but can take ships tours to ensure we remain in the ships ‘bubble’. We are taking the included tours.

Mask wearing when walking between venues on the ship, daily temperature checks and health surveys.

The health survey consists of 4 questions and can be completed on the Viking journey app.

Temperature check has to be done once a day and takes moments as long as the facial recognition works.

There are around 300 guests aboard the 930 capacity ship.

We have had evening shows and trivia.

Food has been very good and we have had the opportunity to try out the included speciality restaurants.

Not quite cruising as we know it but certainly a start to heading back to normality.

We are just so happy to have had this opportunity to be back at sea.

The staff have all been marvellous 😀

• Like 19

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you, there's some rain forecast but we'll enjoy it anyway, haven't been since we were teenagers.

I would hope ferries would be back to normal by August, they are saying the disruption is due to their biggest ferry, Victoria of Wight, having engine failure. We were fortunate that we chose a flexi booking which means we only pay £5 cancellation fee.

I wanted to go from Southampton in the first place, so I got my own way in the end 😁

Thank you, there's some rain forecast but we'll enjoy it anyway, haven't been since we were teenagers.

doubt you will notice many changes.🤣

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

We have to produce a saliva sample every morning for testing, we cannot go ashore on our own but can take ships tours to ensure we remain in the ships ‘bubble’. We are taking the included tours.

Mask wearing when walking between venues on the ship, daily temperature checks and health surveys.

The health survey consists of 4 questions and can be completed on the Viking journey app.

Temperature check has to be done once a day and takes moments as long as the facial recognition works.

Food has been very good and we have had the opportunity to try out the included speciality restaurants.

Not quite cruising as we know it but certainly a start to heading back to normality.

I bet Kalos knows a poem about the good ship Venus. Hope you enjoy your cruise.🤣

• Haha 2

Glenndale - really good to read your report.  I am sure many people will feel heartened by it.

Not sure about the ship name - I probably shouldn't know it, but there is a really rude rugby song about the good ship Venus!  Probably too coarse for any  P and O cruisers to have heard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

HaHa

I’m a rugby tragic - in fact I travelled with the lads on the rugby bus for a season and a half .  Learned lots of lovely songs!  Had my own verse for the limerick one, about a young lady called Myrtle.  Quite tame, I’m pleased to say 🙂

It’s overcast and a little cooler here today but no rain as of yet.  The step checker app tells me we just did 12,500, so that’s probably our exercise done for the day.  Kedgeree for supper tonight.  

Might be a good made-for-TV film on BBC2 tonight - James McEvoy in it.It’s called Together & is about a relationship in the time of Covid. 🙄  Or, same time on BBC4 is Florence Foster Jenkins with Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant.  I’ve seen that twice and recommend it highly.  Hugh Grant not playing a Hugh Grant character, if you know what I mean

19 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

HaHa

I’m a rugby tragic - in fact I travelled with the lads on the rugby bus for a season and a half .  Learned lots of lovely songs!  Had my own verse for the limerick one, about a young lady called Myrtle.  Quite tame, I’m pleased to say 🙂

It’s overcast and a little cooler here today but no rain as of yet.  The step checker app tells me we just did 12,500, so that’s probably our exercise done for the day.  Kedgeree for supper tonight.  

Might be a good made-for-TV film on BBC2 tonight - James McEvoy in it.It’s called Together & is about a relationship in the time of Covid. 🙄  Or, same time on BBC4 is Florence Foster Jenkins with Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant.  I’ve seen that twice and recommend it highly.  Hugh Grant not playing a Hugh Grant character, if you know what I mean

OMG,I've just googled the only footage of her singing,hilarious.Les Dawson would have been a good accompanist.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good morning all.  Couldn't resist sharing a wonderful headline from one of this morning's quality newspapers. Can't imagine what it's all about:

'Hopeless bloke said hopeless bloke is hopeless says hopeless bloke'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-57506466

Clear as mud, buy I'd hazard a guess as - DC said MC was called a hopeless bloke by BJ🤔

Avril

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Euwgh - I wouldn’t go for that either

Waitrose version was good and meaty

Decent smoked bacon would work too I guess

I use thick sliced. smoked back bacon from Asda and trim all the fat off. It works really well and healthier too.

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Clear as mud, buy I'd hazard a guess as - DC said MC was called a hopeless bloke by BJ🤔

Avril

Glad you solved it Avril. I thought the joke was Harry's definition of the Daily Star as a quality newspaper.🤣

4 hours ago, Glenndale said:

That sounds great.Enjoy the rest of your cruise