P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

57 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Have you used them, do you know if there’s any side effects? I’ve taken 

kalms nights before but they made me even more awake.

Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone,  normally released at night, so not really a drug. I used to take it when on 2 or 3 day trips to the US, and on returning back to the UK, and it did seem to help stop me waking up at all hours of the night. My wife uses it a fair bit,  with some success,  but if she is going through a bad phase of insomnia, it is not too successful. 

Never taken Dormidina - my wife is the sleepless one! They do seem to work pretty well, but don't take them in the middle if the night, as you will feel groggy the next day.

Obviously,  I'm not a doctor,  and you might want to research them, and see if they would be of help  to you.

Melatonin is widely used, so might be the first one for you to consider.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, delgirl said:

DH had exactly that 3 weeks ago when we were in weymouth. Couldn't look at him or it😃😃

Oh dear - broken arm & scary fish!  Hope you have some fond memories of Weymouth too 🙂

Rockfish is not a restaurant for the fish-phobic.  The menu only has chicken burger and plant-based ‘meat’ burger as alternatives.  For pescaphiles (I’ve probably just made that word up), it’s heaven!

Another hot night but there is definitely a bit of freshness in the air now and potential extreme rain/thunderstorms for the weekend.  Hopefully that might clear things and leave us with a more normal and more liveable 20-22° for the foreseeable 

Dog and I enjoyed a refreshing walk just after 6.  We’ll take a leisurely stroll to the cricket field and return via the fish van in a little while.  Tuna, for a Niçoise, hopefully

• Like 1

A restless night of sleep despite having the fan on, came downstairs at 3 this morning to top up glass of water, the digital thermometer said it was 23 C outside at the time.

Thought we were going to get some rain yesterday evening as we had to quickly relocate evening meal back inside after large raindrops began to fall, but after a few minutes it stop, hardly enough to wet the ground. Temperature forecast to reach 24C this afternoon, yesterday reached 30C off patio and 35C on patio, greenhouse hit 47C despite all windows being open, door open and shading in operation, plus damped down a few times. 

We now have a Yellow Rain warning for weekend, but forecast shows no evidence of rain for us. However building up strength in my shoulders with carrying of watering cans, different exercise to that which physio gave me! 

23 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Enjoy your holiday Zap!

Thank you. Ship is great and being back at sea is brilliant. Last time I ever book a cruise without knowing what cabin. We have been on Brittania 5 times and didn't know they had such little balcony cabins. We won't be booking Iona untill we can pick a cabin. Did you all know Iona has balcony cabins on deck 5. That's right , next to where they unload the lorries. No thanks. Don't expect the app to work. Half a ship full of frustrated passengers being told have you booked on the app. Ggggrrr. It don't work. Just waiting for the buzzer to tell us our table in the MDR is ready. Why oh why didn't we think to book on the app. Cos it don't work. You could always e mail head office sir. Cant do that the WiFi isn't working. Great to be on the ship, but the IT can be a pain.🤣

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Thank you. Ship is great and being back at sea is brilliant. Last time I ever book a cruise without knowing what cabin. We have been on Brittania 5 times and didn't know they had such little balcony cabins. We won't be booking Iona untill we can pick a cabin. Did you all know Iona has balcony cabins on deck 5. That's right , next to where they unload the lorries. No thanks. Don't expect the app to work. Half a ship full of frustrated passengers being told have you booked on the app. Ggggrrr. It don't work. Just waiting for the buzzer to tell us our table in the MDR is ready. Why oh why didn't we think to book on the app. Cos it don't work. You could always e mail head office sir. Cant do that the WiFi isn't working. Great to be on the ship, but the IT can be a pain.🤣

Oops. Let’s hope the App is soon working again.

However, I bet it is wonderful to be back on board a ship.
Enjoy the sunshine today! ☀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Do you normally have deluxe cabins? I thought it was a well known fact Britannia has small balconies? Personally as I’ve only had a balcony cabin on Britannia I was happy!

Heard a lot of talk on ‘other’ social media about problems with the app, but it seems to be the same with Princess! Hope it improves and you have an enjoyable break.

Edited by P&O SUE

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh dear - broken arm & scary fish!  Hope you have some fond memories of Weymouth too 🙂

Rockfish is not a restaurant for the fish-phobic.  The menu only has chicken burger and plant-based ‘meat’ burger as alternatives.  For pescaphiles (I’ve probably just made that word up), it’s heaven!

Another hot night but there is definitely a bit of freshness in the air now and potential extreme rain/thunderstorms for the weekend.  Hopefully that might clear things and leave us with a more normal and more liveable 20-22° for the foreseeable 

Dog and I enjoyed a refreshing walk just after 6.  We’ll take a leisurely stroll to the cricket field and return via the fish van in a little while.  Tuna, for a Niçoise, hopefully

Still love Weymouth. I am boring when it comes to fish I just stick to cod.

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Everyone probably already knows this but you are only able to book a table in the main dining rooms, for any meal, 15 minutes before they open - so, for example if they open for lunch at noon you can book or join the queue as it is known at 11.45am.

Hope that helps someone🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tokyo-olympics-2021-covid-coronavirus-logo.jpg.c0d08c259b44ce72f097ebb5d01129fd.jpg

Watching the opening ceremony , it seems  surreal seeing the participants waving their 

flags at what looks like an almost empty stadium . I wonder what we will get ?

It looks like a  fashion show for face masks but they seem happy enough :classic_unsure:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Waju said:

Everyone probably already knows this but you are only able to book a table in the main dining rooms, for any meal, 15 minutes before they open - so, for example if they open for lunch at noon you can book or join the queue as it is known at 11.45am.

Hope that helps someone🙂

When you think how how queues form around the atrium ahead of the 6pm opening time for freedom dining, the app is probably not working because everyone tries to book at 5.45pm, making the system crash! 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

tokyo-olympics-2021-covid-coronavirus-logo.jpg.c0d08c259b44ce72f097ebb5d01129fd.jpg

Watching the opening ceremony , it seems  surreal seeing the participants waving their 

flags at what looks like an almost empty stadium . I wonder what we will get ?

It looks like a  fashion show for face masks but they seem happy enough :classic_unsure:

They are all gazing at their phones as they enter the stadium! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

They are all gazing at their phones as they enter the stadium! 

Wouldn't it be nice if P&O did this on their ships on waving your boarding pass and we could 

all dress up and have this "Star wars" type music playing ,flag waving would be optional :classic_unsure:

We could all be introduced Olympic style ...   📣 Kalos from South Yorkshire !! :classic_love:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Hi we got off Britannia   yesterday and the app was a total nightmare we did manage to book our first evening meal but as they didn’t buzz us after 15 minutes we were late so they cancelled our booking ☹️They really have to get this working properly hopefully in time for my Iona cruise in August hope you are enjoying yours,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Do you normally have deluxe cabins? I thought it was a well known fact Britannia has small balconies? Personally as I’ve only had a balcony cabin on Britannia I was happy!

Heard a lot of talk on ‘other’ social media about problems with the app, but it seems to be the same with Princess! Hope it improves and you have an enjoyable break.

Sometimes deluxe, sometimes standard. We always pick one with at least a sofa. This one is fairly small. Poor cat keeps getting banged against the wall. Enjoying the cruise regardless. Currently off start point waving at Jean.🤣

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Waju said:

Hope that helps someone🙂

Thanks. We are pretending the app doesn't exist and just behaving as normal. Go with the flow. We won't go hungry no matter what. Still drooling over half price Sindhu from yesterday. Posh night tonight. Those trousers WILL ! do up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we got off Britannia   yesterday and the app was a total nightmare we did manage to book our first evening meal but as they didn’t buzz us after 15 minutes we were late so they cancelled our booking ☹️They really have to get this working properly hopefully in time for my Iona cruise in August hope you are enjoying yours,

Hi. 4G works on and off. That means DW don't spend as much time on FB. Strange experience, talking to each other after 15months. We seem to have quite a lot in common. Still, being married for 46 years does that 🤣.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Hi. 4G works on and off. That means DW don't spend as much time on FB. Strange experience, talking to each other after 15months. We seem to have quite a lot in common. Still, being married for 46 years does that 🤣.

Yup I know the feeling we’ve just celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary 👍😂

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Do you mean you have to book for your evening meal in the MDR?  What happens to those who don't have an app?

Just turn up. They give you a pager that buzzes when you are least expecting it. You get time to wipe the spilt drink up and high tail it to the MDR. You won't go hungry. As I will leave my phone in the cabin, if they don't feed me I will go on hunger strike. Just looked out from the balcony. We are between bolt head and bolt tail. Burgh Island soon, but a bit late for Afternoon tea in the hotel.🛳️.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Sometimes deluxe, sometimes standard. We always pick one with at least a sofa. This one is fairly small. Poor cat keeps getting banged against the wall. Enjoying the cruise regardless. Currently off start point waving at Jean.🤣

Pleased to hear your comments Zapp.