PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all of my Cruise Critic friends,

At this time I’m not doing well at all. Two of my very good friends husband & wife just died from the virus. 
They both got sick at the same time and went to the same hospital and died the same day within hours of each other. I feel awful at this time.

Stay Safe My Friends,

Tony

Tony,

There are no adequate words...

16 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

At this time I’m not doing well at all. Two of my very good friends husband & wife just died from the virus. 
They both got sick at the same time and went to the same hospital and died the same day within hours of each other. I feel awful at this time.

Stay Safe My Friends,

Tony

I am so sorry! I was hospitalized three times in the last few months for other illness. I tried to keep a mask on even with oxgen on. No contrary to the news I still cannot get an appointment for a vaccine!

Edited by Reader0108598

55 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

I am so sorry! I was hospitalized three times in the last few months for other illness. I tried to keep a mask on even with oxgen on. No contrary to the news I still cannot get an appointment for a vaccine!

Try calling your local representative.  If you are a senior, your health department should be able to help you.  Where do you live?  It is such a shame that there are so many differences in the availability to get a shot.  I wish this had been a national effort from the very beginning.  I just had a 38 year old friend, vacationing in a rural area, who stopped to pick up a few things in a CVS store and was offered a shot because the locals were not interested in getting one.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Stay Safe My Friends,

Tony

Tony, my condolences. 

2 hours ago, Nashna said:

Try calling your local representative.  If you are a senior, your health department should be able to help you.  Where do you live?  It is such a shame that there are so many differences in the availability to get a shot.  I wish this had been a national effort from the very beginning.  I just had a 38 year old friend, vacationing in a rural area, who stopped to pick up a few things in a CVS store and was offered a shot because the locals were not interested in getting one.  

Thank you Nashara! Psst I am a senior

lol

Edited by Reader0108598

Our family in other states checked the major grocery and pharmacy chains in addition to registering with their hospital.  Niece must drive about an hour over the mountains but snagged an appointment this way.  It is difficult since there is little standardization with the states - we hope you can find an appointment soon!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

Our family in other states checked the major grocery and pharmacy chains in addition to registering with their hospital.  Niece must drive about an hour over the mountains but snagged an appointment this way.  It is difficult since there is little standardization with the states - we 

I uderstand but the news makes it sound like we can get a vaccine at the drop of the hat!

Edited by Reader0108598

We are in a very rural area on "the edge of the earth". I found out about appointments from our local FB group. It was through the county and set up on some docks about 30 miles away. I made the appointment online for the preferred vaccination and then 3 days later we were "one and done". It ran quite smoothly and was not crowded at all.

So, maybe contact the health department for your county?

• Like 1

@Reader0108598If you are in California try Walgreens at 8am. I had to wait 5 days for the 1&done ✔ or register at myturn.ca.gov. It's becoming wide open here if you aren't trying to pick the vaccine. A little harder if you want to do that

Another helpful link: https://vaccinefinder.org/

Edited by Ombud

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

@Reader0108598If you are in California try Walgreens at 8am. I had to wait 5 days for the 1&done ✔ or register at myturn.ca.gov. It's becoming wide open here if you aren't trying to pick the vaccine. A little harder if you want to do that

Another helpful link: https://vaccinefinder.org/

Thank you Ombud I am in MA. 

On 4/6/2021 at 5:57 AM, Lucky TGO said:

Stay Safe My Friends,

Tony

I’m so sorry 😢 for your loss Tony. May your memories bring you some comfort.

We have a similar setup via a government website to find medical centres doing Phase 1b, then contact them or book online and select COVID for the reason. Has my first jab yesterday, no major side effects apart from a sore arm but already feeling better tonight.

From my understanding Australia’s rollout is behind, one reason is due to importations of the vaccine being blocked.

On some good news, it has been announced that a travel bubble between Australia and New Zealand is to open both ways in around 2 weeks. New Zealanders have been welcomed to Australia for a little while, still need to be aware that things can change at the last minute.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Thank you Ombud I am in MA. 

My friend in Seekonk, MA got hers by calling her town Senior Center.  They scheduled her shot for the next day at Gillette Stadium.  This was three weeks ago, she just got her second one.  If you don't have a senior office to call, try your local Health Department.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

My friend in Seekonk, MA got hers by calling her town Senior Center.  They scheduled her shot for the next day at Gillette Stadium.  This was three weeks ago, she just got her second one.  If you don't have a senior office to call, try your local Health Department.

Thank you our senior center is closed. Eee gads had to do my own taxes this year, it was scary but I made it through. (Very simple tax return) lol .The last few years our senior center did them.

Will try my Health Department. 

Edited by Reader0108598

Got my vaccine today so I took it easy. Just light weights, hiking, cleaned house, and a little yard work. I'm more tired than usual but that's it. My arm isn't even sore. Ready to cruise 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

I went to the Rite-Aid site and got us scheduled for the next day - we go for #2 on 15 April.  Very well run and well set up.  We were 2 of the 3.4 million to get a jab on that day!

Hi Papa Yoda,

Good for you just remember you still have to be careful even though you got vaccinated. 
Stay Safe my friend.

Tony

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

I went to the Rite-Aid site and got us scheduled for the next day - we go for #2 on 15 April.  Very well run and well set up.  We were 2 of the 3.4 million to get a jab on that day!

No Rite aid here any more ,I am glad some people get the vaccine easier I really am. I have been sick three weeks in the hospital last month! I can't just show up when they want and I can't stand in line.I am using a rollator hope it is temporary! Boy do I need a cruise 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

New Grandson safely arrived this morning around 7:00 am.It was a bit touch and go due to a rare "cord insertion" issue that could not be detected during pregnancy. Our daughter had a great medical team plus hubby.Phew! Now I can get some sleep tonight!

• Like 10

Thank you. They were able to go home today. Barring any reasons to keep them there, they are trying to send mama and baby home within 24 hours of check in, due to Covid. Well, that was a bit tough since baby was born 22 hours after check in. At least this is our daughter's 2nd baby and is not a newbie mom.

• Like 2