Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

This is the thing that most bothers me about the grand 'reopening' of the country. Can't say I didn't expect this to happen, but still doesn't assuage the disappointment in the lax attitude that is being displayed. 

Even Broadway closing until 1/1

And that is why Canada Closed its border to the US. We have it under control, not stopped but under control. In BC we count the numbers in the 10's each day or less yet across the border in Washington it is in the hundreds. BC is closed to all cruise Ships and will stay that way. We love cruising but not at this time, maybe next year.

By the way we are at stage 3 in which people can travel, within Canada, go to movies, enjoy fun with friends. As long as they social distance and you protect those around you. In BC the government took the steps to limit the spread because they put the power in the health officials to do the right thing and it worked. Yes it was hard thousands of people were laid off, but they are now going back to work if they want.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

This is the thing that most bothers me about the grand 'reopening' of the country. Can't say I didn't expect this to happen, but still doesn't assuage the disappointment in the lax attitude that is being displayed. 

People believe that they will be the ones who are safe,silly thoughts

Well, we in GA have been 'banned' from the NE for now (or you need to quarantine for 14 days). We live in a county with a low rate of infection - 300+ cases, 30+ hospitalized, 9 deaths - for a county of 69,000. But all around us other counties are blowing up with COVID. Two counties over is the biggest hot spot in GA. Next to us is Athens-Clarke county which is going way up due to the big parties with the under 35 group. Who knows whether or not UGA will have a football season with the new increasing infection rate. People have been very dumb about social distancing and masks...especially the under 35 group. They just seem not to care.

In the news, there was a big family gathering in Atlanta two weeks ago. Thirty family members attended. Twenty-eight of them got COVID.

9 hours ago, baldilocks said:

Well, we in GA have been 'banned' from the NE for now (or you need to quarantine for 14 days). We live in a county with a low rate of infection - 300+ cases, 30+ hospitalized, 9 deaths - for a county of 69,000. But all around us other counties are blowing up with COVID. Two counties over is the biggest hot spot in GA. Next to us is Athens-Clarke county which is going way up due to the big parties with the under 35 group. Who knows whether or not UGA will have a football season with the new increasing infection rate. People have been very dumb about social distancing and masks...especially the under 35 group. They just seem not to care.

In the news, there was a big family gathering in Atlanta two weeks ago. Thirty family members attended. Twenty-eight of them got COVID.

9 hours ago, baldilocks said:

people are crazy!  listen to Dr Faucci, wear masks, social distancing and no big gatherings    until people wake up we are all in serious trouble!  I would like to cruise again in this lifetime!

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

I am in the Tampa Bay Area of FL and in the 2 largest counties, Pinellas and Hillsborough, masks are now a requirement to get into a store.  State suspended any liquor sales from bars that  do not have at least 50% of their sales from food to help reduce crowds and yet give some people a chance to get back to work. Still social distancing and if your butt is out of your chair, your mask must be on. 
As far as our residents? We have a densely populated state with 4+ large state universities, with a much younger median age and on the flip side so many elderly that need to be so careful due to lower resistance. 
Regarding the Spring Breakers that came in April? They made my blood boil and hope they are proud of their 5 seconds of fame. Many of them came from out of state and then got on camera and said the stupidest things, with no regard for others, just the typical me, me, me mentality. 
I am so over it, started working from home on March 18th and won’t go back to the office this year. It is nice, but miss my coworkers. Ready to cruise again, canceled Vegas in April, next cruise scheduled for November and probably won’t sail, at this rate. 

Hopefully the country gets a handle on it as I just want to sit on a balcony and watch the water go by when I am at my happiest!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, triplemom3 said:

Regarding the Spring Breakers that came in April? They made my blood boil and hope they are proud of their 5 seconds of fame. Many of them came from out of state and then got on camera and said the stupidest things, with no regard for others, just the typical me, me, me mentality. 

I watched some of that nonsense on the news and totally agree. I never came so close to actually wanting to put my fist right through the screen as they were interviewing a few of those young people. Have to wonder if some of them are truly that ignorant and/or uninformed, or don't give a rat's behind, or else wanted to come up with something truly appalling to say on national TV. Either way, it probably lowered the bar for the behavior of some others. I specifically recall the one girl saying something like, "well, we all have to die anyway so..."    🤪

2 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I watched some of that nonsense on the news and totally agree. I never came so close to actually wanting to put my fist right through the screen as they were interviewing a few of those young people. Have to wonder if some of them are truly that ignorant and/or uninformed, or don't give a rat's behind, or else wanted to come up with something truly appalling to say on national TV. Either way, it probably lowered the bar for the behavior of some others. I specifically recall the one girl saying something like, "well, we all have to die anyway so..."    🤪

I blame the governor- the young people were allowed to go to the beach- blame the person who allowed this behavior to happen. Young people think that they are invincible and some do not realize that their behavior affects others.  So sad.

20 hours ago, baldilocks said:

your county will be next!

On 6/28/2020 at 4:10 PM, lenquixote66 said:

We live in a condo of 2000 residents,equivalent to many cruise ships.We received a notice today that 2 of the 3 outdoor pools would open July 1.However,there are 4 pages of restrictions .One of which is that the locker rooms will be closed but showers open.

Wearing masks ,not sitting less than 6 feet from another resident and pool time and day appointments.Can you imagine this on a ship ?

Ships are probably better prepared to handle that then your condo association. At least they already have reservations software for other things they could just expand.

Since that posting Texas has finally decided to walk things back which I think is a great idea. They did finally give some of the bars that were turned in by enough people for packing the place a 30 day temporary suspension of their liquor license.

All the others took note and found loopholes. A lot of them went to selling tickets in advance so they can count as a reserved club instead of a bar. Yeah that noise you hear is my eyes rolling so hard it is audible. I wish people would just take this seriously for about a month so we can get things sorted but as it doesn't seem likely I'd settle for a cruise about now. I'm willing to wear a mask, wash hands hourly, whatever. And hey. Maybe if we reserve our pool time we can actually put a stop to the chair reserving nonsense. 🤔 🤣

Edited by TravelinGert

13 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I blame the governor- the young people were allowed to go to the beach- blame the person who allowed this behavior to happen. Young people think that they are invincible and some do not realize that their behavior affects others.  So sad.

Our Governor who repeatedly states that he has no agenda sounds to me as though he would like to head the ticket in November.When he was giving one of his daily press conferences and had Sharpton next to him and said wonderful things about the self ordained minister I wanted to throw up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Our Governor who repeatedly states that he has no agenda sounds to me as though he would like to head the ticket in November.When he was giving one of his daily press conferences and had Sharpton next to him and said wonderful things about the self ordained minister I wanted to throw up.

Baarrff !!! I did it for you. Today we went to Trader Joe's in Athens, GA (UGA area). The store requires masks and limits the number of customers at a time. They sanitize the carts after each use. I waited outside in the car while my wife shopped. I noticed a number of young people arrive with no masks in place. Just before they got in line, the mask popped out of their pockets. When some came out of the store, the mask went back into their pocket. Gee....that's nice...what about the people around you after you leave the store you dummies.

18 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Baarrff !!! I did it for you. Today we went to Trader Joe's in Athens, GA (UGA area). The store requires masks and limits the number of customers at a time. They sanitize the carts after each use. I waited outside in the car while my wife shopped. I noticed a number of young people arrive with no masks in place. Just before they got in line, the mask popped out of their pockets. When some came out of the store, the mask went back into their pocket. Gee....that's nice...what about the people around you after you leave the store you dummies.

My wife was at a Trader Joe’s yesterday and saw the same thing.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:06 PM, Dragster13 said:

And that is why Canada Closed its border to the US. We have it under control, not stopped but under control. In BC we count the numbers in the 10's each day or less yet across the border in Washington it is in the hundreds. BC is closed to all cruise Ships and will stay that way. We love cruising but not at this time, maybe next year.

By the way we are at stage 3 in which people can travel, within Canada, go to movies, enjoy fun with friends. As long as they social distance and you protect those around you. In BC the government took the steps to limit the spread because they put the power in the health officials to do the right thing and it worked. Yes it was hard thousands of people were laid off, but they are now going back to work if they want.

Here in Ontario we went into a month of Self Quarantine after the Allure transatlantic to Barcelona. Our neighbors brought us groceries and left them on our porch steps until we were able to leave the house.

Allure of the Seas is a nice clean ship - no virus or other problems. We  took a private taxi to the airport, wore N 95 masks to travel and came straight home. We are very fortunate to live in a rural area along Lake Huron - only one case of Covid 19 in our town - which positively resolved. Lots of testing for anyone who wants it. It was hard to be in lockdown but things are slowly opening even though the Canada - US Border is still closed.

We are currently in Phase 2.Restaurants are allowed to open however - it is take out only! We are Social Distancing at six feet apart if we leave the house.  Only one person per family can enter grocery stores at a time. No children are allowed to go with their parents to shop.  All cruises out of Montreal and Quebec City were cancelled this spring. However - that is a small price to pay to keep our country safe.

All of us need to act prudently and stay safe.  Bless you  all as you make good decisions on how to accomplish this. We adore cruising but not at this time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife was at a Trader Joe’s yesterday and saw the same thing.

While I like Trader Joe's, go shopping someplace else.  We still prefer to have our groceries delivered for now.  The services have been great- sometimes you cannot get exactly what you like- but we are safe and for now, healthy!

Well, can't go to HB, Huntington Beach, as its closed down, no movies, just take lots of walks when I am home. Heard talk the governor is gonna have another lockup.☹️☹️😮 It stinks. Work 3 days a week, then 4 days , the other group does the same, got news on Tues, the schedule will remain the same til the end of July. Those at work, we miss our coworkers. Would rather go grocery shopping myself, the store is empty of all paper towels, & etc.

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

While I like Trader Joe's, go shopping someplace else.  We still prefer to have our groceries delivered for now.  The services have been great- sometimes you cannot get exactly what you like- but we are safe and for now, healthy!

We have been ordering from Pea Pod but my wife cannot stand being in the house and had to go food shopping.

22 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Well, can't go to HB, Huntington Beach, as its closed down, no movies, just take lots of walks when I am home. Heard talk the governor is gonna have another lockup.☹️☹️😮 It stinks. Work 3 days a week, then 4 days , the other group does the same, got news on Tues, the schedule will remain the same til the end of July. Those at work, we miss our coworkers. Would rather go grocery shopping myself, the store is empty of all paper towels, & etc.

HI guys, made a mistake, the aisle that the paper towels & etc are on, is empty, not the entire store. Sorry.

We now have outdoor dining.  We were supposed to begin indoor dining this week, but it was quickly cancelled due to an uptick of this Virus.  Aaargh! 

Our libraries opened this past week, along with barber shops and hair and nail salons.  I was happy to finally go shopping at TJMaxx on Wednesday.  People have been wearing their masks in the stores in my town.  Jersey beaches are open;  we don't plan on going anytime soon, probably not this Season.  Luckily we have a backyard pool, and a Lake with sand about 5 minutes from here.

We can now get tp, paper towels, wipes and paper towels.  Clorox wipes are finally on the shelves this week.  What we absolutely can not get anywhere in town is rubbing alcohol.  Not in the food stores, drug stores, and yes, I even tried the two dollar stores in town.  We put a linen cloth with alcohol in a ziplock bag in our cars  to wash our hands  when we came out of the stores since hand wipes had not been available for some time.

Stay healthy everyone!     By far, the quietest 4th of July ever!!!!  First year without our 4th of July barbeque....

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We live in a condo with two outdoor pools that opened yesterday .At one pool people wore masks and social distanced while not in the pool.At the other nobody wore a mask and sat together.

This is why our country will have corona virus for months