Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?

Here in PA we have a Democratic governor, who has been under fire ever since March for putting forth the various social distancing / masking mandates and other actions associated with shutting down business and so forth. He has been accused of 'overstepping his bounds' in the interest of being overly cautious. In the wake of recently increased cases, he just cracked down on the mandates a little harder and, wow, is he ever getting flack - especially from some of the Republican legislators. It's really getting nasty. One of the legislators from a neighboring county was heard to say ugly things about our governor and that they held a "wonderful dinner meeting with absolutely no masking and social distancing" and that "here in our county we will live however the h*ll we want to!!!"   Unbelievable.....

On 7/1/2020 at 8:18 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I blame the governor- the young people were allowed to go to the beach- blame the person who allowed this behavior to happen. Young people think that they are invincible and some do not realize that their behavior affects others.  So sad.

My son was in Fl.  Spring breakers were going to do whatever they wanted with no regard for anyone.

screwed up my next cruise

21 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We live in a condo with two outdoor pools that opened yesterday .At one pool people wore masks and social distanced while not in the pool.At the other nobody wore a mask and sat together.

Wearing masks only slows the virus.

And helps the elderly who are waiting for a vaccine.

masks won’t Kill the disease

21 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

Not only the elderly, many 30 and 40 something also catching the virus- and the younger people are bringing it home to family and friends-  The mask will not kill the disease- but impact the spread.  Look at the statistics in the states that aren't wearing masks or practicing social distancing- 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

Perhaps but I am elderly and waiting for a vaccine.If you choose not to use one that is your choice .

On 6/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, EeyoreRN said:

So sorry for your loss 😥.   Please stay safe!

I am just jumping onboard this discussion board and I am very glad that I found it. I am so sorry for your loss. 

I live in Central Florida and I keep rescheduling cruises in hopes that we will sail again this year. I finally ventured out during senior hours after six weeks of sheltering in place.

On 6/24/2020 at 2:38 PM, elaineb said:

Agreed.  Our Northeast states worked together to get control of this and our governors worked together well.  Unfortunately, leadership is lacking in the South and that will delay our cruise sailing dates.  I don't understand why they don't get it.  Wear a mask, social distance and the numbers go down.  We typically go on a cruise or do Disney for vacation.  But unless Florida gets a handle on this, we won't feel comfortable to spend our tourist dollars there.  Why can't neighboring Southern states come up with a plan?  We are all in this together.

I live in Central Florida and I am  frustrated because so many people around me are not taking the precautions that they should. July 4th weekend has been terrible and I am just waiting for another surge in two weeks.

We have continuously rebooked cruises with FCC. It is really discouraging. My next booking is October 12. I keep hoping and praying. I don't know about you and others on the board but frankly, I am depressed. It is not just about us either. My SIL has been on lockdown in a nursing home in NY since March! 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 5:19 PM, Arzeena said:

Why is everybody looking at Florida?

We have as good a port as any state....NY? NJ? Baltimore? Boston? Just saying.........you never know!

I was supposed to sail out of Bayonne in May to Bermuda. I have rebooked for next May and I am glad to see that the Freedom of the Seas will be there!

9 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

My son was in Fl.  Spring breakers were going to do whatever they wanted with no regard for anyone.

screwed up my next cruise

I hear you Caymus 88. I live in Central Florida and our beaches were packed. The leadership here is lacking big time. 

11 hours ago, webgal318 said:

I hear you Caymus 88. I live in Central Florida and our beaches were packed. The leadership here is lacking big time. 

When the Covid filled cruise ships debarked in South Fl. Protocols were observed. Rules were followed. Sadly, the 20, 30, etc. year olds were brought up to flout authority. No rules for them. Spring breakers, protesters, looters are to blame for most of this resurgence of the virus. Look at CA. Crazy.  The states would have been ok if rules were followed.

Ma is on track. So far, except for the looters n protesters, we follow the rules

Edited by Caymus88
Add

17 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

When the Covid filled cruise ships debarked in South Fl. Protocols were observed. Rules were followed. Sadly, the 20, 30, etc. year olds were brought up to flout authority. No rules for them. Spring breakers, protesters, looters are to blame for most of this resurgence of the virus. Look at CA. Crazy.  The states would have been ok if rules were followed.

Ma is on track. So far, except for the looters n protesters, we follow the rules

New york, New Jersey and Connecticut are flattening the curve almost 130,000 deaths so far nationwide.   I blame the lack of people not wearing masks and not respecting social distancing.  Please people listen to Dr fauci and the medical experts!  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Rules were followed. Sadly, the 20, 30, etc. year olds were brought up to flout authority. No rules for them

It would seem to me that RCI will make this group  comply.  Maybe I am just being naive, but I would like to believe that the cruise line will enforce social distancing, masks etc..They have already lost a lot already. 

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

New york, New Jersey and Connecticut are flattening the curve almost 130,000 deaths so far nationwide.   I blame the lack of people not wearing masks and not respecting social distancing.  Please people listen to Dr fauci and the medical experts!  

Our President is not letting Dr.Fauci speak to anyone from CBS news.

12 minutes ago, webgal318 said:

That is too bad. 

It truly is!  We need to hear the truth!  Not sure if you are being sarcastic- but since you appear to be a senior citizen you should be very concerned!

Edited by Cruise a holic

It truly is!  We need to hear the truth!  Not sure if you are being sarcastic- but since you appear to be a senior citizen you should be very concerned!

Everyone should be very concerned as all lives matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Not sure if you are being sarcastic- but since you appear to be a senior citizen you should be very concerned!

I am a senior and I am sincere. Yes, I am very concerned. We are lonely empty nesters as well with no family in Florida. Cruising is our outlet and we don't even have that for now. My husband has had recent high risk heart stents (LAD - aka widow maker) followed by a pacemaker last month. Thank God, I am healthy because he needs me.  I don't mean to sound morbid but we never know how much time we have left, especially at our ages (71 and 79).

1 hour ago, webgal318 said:

I am a senior and I am sincere. Yes, I am very concerned. We are lonely empty nesters as well with no family in Florida. Cruising is our outlet and we don't even have that for now. My husband has had recent high risk heart stents (LAD - aka widow maker) followed by a pacemaker last month. Thank God, I am healthy because he needs me.  I don't mean to sound morbid but we never know how much time we have left, especially at our ages (71 and 79).

I am a disabled senior with 13 wonderful illnesses.I have to be extra careful because if  I get the virus I will likely not see my next birthday .

Today I went to a doctors office.I was hoping not to go till the virus was gone but I had no choice.I entered the waiting room and every seat was taken,no social distancing and several people were not wearing masks.I looked down the hallway and saw the doctor.He was not wearing a mask or gloves.There were 2 staff members and only one wore a mask.

When I got to see the doctor I did not see a sink for him to wash his hands nor did I see a Purell type product.
My last time going to that doctor.

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today I went to a doctors office.I was hoping not to go till the virus was gone but I had no choice.I entered the waiting room and every seat was taken,no social distancing and several people were not wearing masks.I looked down the hallway and saw the doctor.He was not wearing a mask or gloves.There were 2 staff members and only one wore a mask.

When I got to see the doctor I did not see a sink for him to wash his hands nor did I see a Purell type product.

Wow. That is terrible. I went to my dr.  Was told wait in my car until called.  Went in with a mask. My temp was taken at the door.  The dr was immaculate.  I used purell which was on wall at drs

37 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Wow. That is terrible. I went to my dr.  Was told wait in my car until called.  Went in with a mask. My temp was taken at the door.  The dr was immaculate.  I used purell which was on wall at drs

Same with my dentist in UK.  As I was half way through treatment when we went into lockdown I was one of the first called back. Before I went I was sent a medical questionnaire to fill in and extensive explanations about their covid precautions. I had to wait in my car until they called me in. No body else in waiting room. All staff apart from the partners (husband and wife, both dentists) were furloughed. So my dentist was assisted by her dentist husband. They both had a lot of PPE and I had to exit from a different door than the entrance. Believe they are now bringing staff back but I was very impressed with their high standard of covid preparation and precautions. 

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

That would have been my last time too. When I went to the gym yesterday, they were even cleaning the pens that we used to sign in! I was impressed with how they went over and above in an effort to stay safe. That is what I really expect RCCL to being doing and I am sure they won't let us down. 

My wife said we would wait in the car and asked to be called but it was too hot in the car and people looking for parking were annoyed that we were just sitting so we went back in.