Loyalty credit for canceled cruise

Castaway Cowgirl

I keep checking the Captain’s Circle account and no FCC, but I did notice 2 days ago that our cruise is now listed as a completed cruise in the account.  This was a cancelled March 15 cruise. I did not know we would get loyalty credit for this cruise.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  Does that mean they have processed our cancellation?  Because we haven’t received anything else.

I never really thought about Circle account cruise credits. A very small thing in the scheme of things now, but it would be a nice gesture from Princess to count it. Ours shows as current, so I will see tomorrow (our end date) if it changes to completed. Maybe they just haven't updated the  software of the circle account to let it know the cruises were cancelled.

• Like 1

That is so strange, then.  Initially our cruise was listed as an upcoming cruise, normal, right?  Then a couple of days after what should have been the sail date, they removed all evidence of the cruise, which didn’t surprise me.  But then when I noticed it back on there as a completed cruise 2 days ago, it seemed strange, especially since we have not received or heard anything else from Princess at all.  Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

3 minutes ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

That is so strange, then.  Initially our cruise was listed as an upcoming cruise, normal, right?  Then a couple of days after what should have been the sail date, they removed all evidence of the cruise, which didn’t surprise me.  But then when I noticed it back on there as a completed cruise 2 days ago, it seemed strange, especially since we have not received or heard anything else from Princess at all.  Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

After my conversation with Princess agent yesterday, I conclude they must be relying on very inexperienced staff right now. They need time to get things straightened out. Let's hope they put someone in the Refund Department who knows what they are doing and what the Current offers are.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, station10fd said:

Our Panama Canal cruise that cancelled the night before sailing in March is showing as a credit.

IMG_9896.jpg

Error. My cancelled cruise is completely gone from everywhere in my personalizer 

It will all settle out in time. I don't think this is one of Princess' most pressing issues right now. Princess is probably short of staff. Some Captain's Circle staff that handle these issues may be working from home. The worst (or maybe best case) is that you are credited for more days at sea than actual.

Our now canceled cruise that was suppose to set sail next Saturday is still listed on our cruise history as future.  Perhaps sometime after next Saturday the cruise will disappear.  The FCD we used to book the canceled cruise is still being shown as used for the cruise so hopefully at some point it will be returned to our list of available FCD.  Better yet at some not too far off future we will get the credit we paid for the canceled cruise.  EZair finally canceled our AA flights from our AA list of future flights earlier this week (AA website).  

• Like 1

Our March 14 cruise  was canceled and now shows as completed.  It is also added to our total cruises sailed. It would be nice if they are doing this.  If ours disappears, I will let you know.   They seem to be trying to do all they can to keep passengers wanting to come back.  On another note - my understanding is that for those of us who selected option 2 for the full refund, that this will  be credited back to the credit card used to pay for the cruise, whereas any approved incidental costs that we had due to the cruise being canceled will be mailed out in the form of a cheque.  Is this what others understand to be the case?