Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, mafig said:

I'd add Western.  We lived in Long Valley for almost 30 years.  On top of Schooley's Mt.

Know Long Valley well, we were in Clinton.  Here is a shot of the front yard with a few of our regular visitors.

IMG_20150821_181222805.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not quite.  Took 2 months to get him fully trained to go outside to pee

Two months is not that long. My dog was about 9 months old when she finally stopped having "accidents". Funny thing is most of my house is hard wood or tile flooring. There are a few throw rugs and the room that goes over the garage is carpeted. Guess where she managed to have her accidents? And now the cat manages to present her fur balls in the same places.🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hot one here today.  Eric mowed the lawn early this morning while I climbed ladder to pick more peaches, not all are fully ripe yet but if you leave on the tree in this heat they turn mushy quick.

Also picked a bunch of stuff from my garden.  Going to make eggplant parmesan for dinner.

20210717_110532.jpg

20210717_110845.jpg

We love peaches. We are headed to Lake Erie near Sandusky next week. I am hoping the peaches are being harvested.  I just can’t remember when they harvested them but I remember there was a lady that used them for peach pies.  So good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, very lucky to have found this spot. We were looking in the Abingdon, Va area but found this golf community house in Draper, VA. Out house doesn't excatly back up to any of the holes on teh course but that is still fine with us. Our lot the back yard is pretty private which we like, much like the lot we had when we lived in NJ.

Lovely area, never gets old looking outside. We haven't been here yet in the fall, look forward to seeing all these mountains around us when the leaves are changing colors.

20210717_140928.jpg

20210717_135500.jpg

20210717_135324.jpg

20210717_135243.jpg

20210717_135223.jpg

20210717_135214.jpg

Look forward to see this:

20210425_091342.jpg

I love living here in Florida, but my soul needs the ocean and the mountains. 
To be able to look out the windows and see mountains would be such bliss!

You found a beautiful spot  to live. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are back home after 3 nice nights in the Lake District.

Today we went to the famous Gretna Green then went to the outlet shopping village and had lunch there.

It was 31°C 88°F today and sunny.

We called at a large garden centre then at a pretty town called Corbridge.

We ended up at the beach for an hour before going home.

I hope everyone has had a nice day and especially Lionesss whose lovely daughter is getting married today.

Graham.

IMG_20210717_104321.jpg

IMG_20210717_104436.jpg

IMG_20210717_113943.jpg

IMG_20210717_114028.jpg

IMG_20200926_123109.jpg

IMG_20210717_140233.jpg

Wow! You each got a pizza? They look really good, but I’d have slices left to freeze. 
Beautiful day to be out and about. 
Blue sky in Scotland? I’ve seldom seen one of those!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Wow! You each got a pizza? They look really good, but I’d have slices left to freeze. 
Beautiful day to be out and about. 
Blue sky in Scotland? I’ve seldom seen one of those!

I would probably end up with an empty plate in front of me.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Two months is not that long. My dog was about 9 months old when she finally stopped having "accidents". Funny thing is most of my house is hard wood or tile flooring. There are a few throw rugs and the room that goes over the garage is carpeted. Guess where she managed to have her accidents? And now the cat manages to present her fur balls in the same places.🙄

It has to be something with the carpet that they think it's similar to grass.  Our house is the same..all hardwood except for carpet in the living room....that's where he went.  Steamcleaner got a workout

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Today we went to the famous Gretna Green

What a beautiful area. Btw Graham I thought of you today. I happened to be flipping through the tv channels and game across the SailGP sailing races at Plymouth, United Kingdom. What a beautiful area it was. I wondered if you ever been there? Do you know much about that town? Looks lovely.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What a beautiful area. Btw Graham I thought of you today. I happened to be flipping through the tv channels and game across the SailGP sailing races at Plymouth, United Kingdom. What a beautiful area it was. I wondered if you ever been there? Do you know much about that town? Looks lovely.

Plymouth is a sea port on the South coast of England near to Southampton.

It is about 330 miles from us.

Screenshot_20210717_214949.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

Ken our situation with the dogs got bad enough that we had the carpet ripped out everywhere except the bedrooms replaced by wood flooring. We have pee pads down for the dogs when we were at work which helps. They still had their accidents, but so much easier to clean up now .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akcruz said:

I lived in NJ over 50 years and only in 1 house had less than an acre of property.  Our last home was 2 1/2, most of which was woods.   It truly is one of the most misunderstood states. 

I feel the same way about Long Island.  One of my daughters lived in Port Jefferson for 2 years and after visiting her several times, my perceptions were blown out if the water.  So many vineyards, lots of farmland, little seaside towns.  It actually reminded me a lot of the southern part of RI - what we call “South County”.  Be curious what @Ocean Boy thinks.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ken our situation with the dogs got bad enough that we had the carpet ripped out everywhere except the bedrooms replaced by wood flooring. We have pee pads down for the dogs when we were at work which helps. They still had their accidents, but so much easier to clean up now .

I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that Merlin is like our last dog, Sparky.  She had the bladder of a camel.  She'd go out at 9 at night and sometimes you had to physically kick her out in the morning.  I think for the first few months in the fall when Vikki is back at school teaching and I am out for the day we will have someone come in mid day to take him out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are back home after 3 nice nights in the Lake District.

Today we went to the famous Gretna Green then went to the outlet shopping village and had lunch there.

It was 31°C 88°F today and sunny.

We called at a large garden centre then at a pretty town called Corbridge.

We ended up at the beach for an hour before going home.

I hope everyone has had a nice day and especially Lionesss whose lovely daughter is getting married today.

Graham.

IMG_20210717_113943.jpg

IMG_20210717_114028.jpg

Those pizzas look amazing.  You & Pauline look pretty good too 😉!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1