Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

But you might not necessarily have it, but just test positive?

It takes very little viral count in your nose to get a positive pcr. So if there are viral particles in your nose I suppose you could say "you have it" but it doesn't make you ill or even make you contagious. There is also the issue of whether or not testing can cross react with other corina viruses. We are all exposed to viruses and bacteria every day but they don't get much further than your nose, you never get sick, and your immune system simply eradicates them. You never knew anything was ever there and you were not tested for whatever was there. The body, and its immune system, are pretty amazing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!     Perfect spot for a hot tub.       Let us know if you see Mama deer, I am hoping they briefly strayed away from her.

All is good, my Wife saw all 3 this evening !!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The latest mask thread is running off the rails, doomed for sure.  You know who is already preaching his masks for life, 24/7  mantra🙄.  Don’t know why I keep getting sucked into those, I should know better. 

Oh no, he's back!  I havent seen him for awhile.   It is easy to get sucked in, its happens to most of us.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Most of the 180.00 we spent this morning was from meat. Prices are crazy. 🥩

Up until a few years ago, when we shut down our cattle operation, we always had a virgin yearling bull in the freezer. 800 lbs of home grown, hormone free, grass and grain fed beef. We miss those days when it comes to buying beef today. 

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think about that, too. I have often thought that I should stop contributing to the issue and become vegetarian. However, I never get any further than thinking about it.😏

It’s what works for you. 

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Though I have not touched veal in years. It is horrible what happens to baby calfs.

Not a fan of veal either, but that’s a dairy farmer reality. If the majority of dairy farmers used female sexed semen for AI’ing cows, they would only have female calves. 

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Up until a few years ago, when we shut down our cattle operation, we always had a virgin yearling bull in the freezer. 800 lbs of home grown, hormone free, grass and grain fed beef. We miss those days when it comes to buying beef today. 

It’s what works for you

The problem is nothing works for me. I have a carnivore body connected to a vegetarian brain.😏

When I was in college, one day I went over to the dairy barn. There was this baby calf there who I petted his, maybe her, head. This calf then followed me around like a puppy for the next half hour. Totally messed up my head about eating veal. I would have been better off if I had just stayed in the dorm drinking beer with my friends but no, I had to be different.🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

No samples here nor do other stores that used to give samples.However,a supermarket in a nearby town was giving out free pints of ice cream.One to a customer .My wife brought one home.

Publix gave me a free half gallon of my choice for my birthday. 
First time they’ve done that!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry to hear the hospitals are running out of room up there. They said the ICU beds are almost full in South Florida. I’m not surprised.

The vegetarian thing has also crossed my mind for about a split second. I was telling Mike today with the cost of meat we should cut back some. After your comment about the baby calves I had to google it. Wished I wasn’t so curious sometimes. 😢

My SIL married a dairy farmer and I was always amazed at how my nieces handled raising various farm animals, naming them, playing with them and sit down for dinner and casually say we are eating "billy" or whoever it may have been.  

One of my nieces, now grown up, married a farmer and her children do and say the same thing.

It's just the way it is and I guess we just shouldn't think too much about it.   

• Like 1

I just thought of my 57 year old son back when he was 8. We were in Maine and my husband’s uncle took our boys fishing. Scott caught a nice sized fish and proudly showed it to me. 
That evening we sat down to dinner and Uncle Maland  put a fried fish on Scott’s plate. He said “You make a fine fisherman and you get to eat your catch”.  
Scott burst into tears and said “You killed my fish!”

I couldn’t have eaten it, either, and much as I love lobster, even the thought of picking one out at a lobster pound for my dinner would turn me off. 

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Publix gave me a free half gallon of my choice for my birthday. 
First time they’ve done that!

My birthday is this Saturday. I have a coupon for a free Red Mango product up to $5 and a free small cone or cup from Carvel.I just have to travel to get to both.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The problem is nothing works for me. I have a carnivore body connected to a vegetarian brain.😏

What happened when veal parmigiana came out of Ocean Momma’s kitchen?  For some reason I don’t see it being acceptable to turn that down. 

When I was in college, one day I went over to the dairy barn. There was this baby calf there who I petted his, maybe her, head. This calf then followed me around like a puppy for the next half hour. Totally messed up my head about eating veal. I would have been better off if I had just stayed in the dorm drinking beer with my friends but no, I had to be different.🙄

I can understand your feelings.  You might have been better off staying back at the dorm but it also helped to shape who you are today.

If it makes you feel better, since that calf was wondering in the pens, it was more apt to be female as females become future milk producers.  That is where the real money is.  The male calves would have been more apt to be in confined pens putting all their energy into growth.  

That cute calf following you would have been female, almost guarantee it. Hopefully that wipes any guilt away. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

47 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I've got some friends that raise cattle and they have always said they could get me a quarter or half at a great price. The problem is I don't have a big enough freezer or a place to put in a new freezer to store that much beef. Wish I did though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone going to watch Below Deck tonight?

I'll be recording to watch on my cruisin' with cocktails night on Friday. We even watch last weeks episode with the deleted scenes before we watch the latest episode. Good way to remind us what happened the week before.

• Like 2

A couple more photos from the day. It’s almost done. It took about 1.5 hours of paving and 5 truck loads of asphalt to be completed. 

BDC08053-A65F-4D46-91C1-A85F54D510DC.thumb.jpeg.7afe4d161d012e1b60cecb7fa9f6ab6e.jpeg

This fall we will put fresh dirt and grass seed along the lane edges. The fall rain will water it  VS us having that monumental task. 

C04BE1FB-0002-4687-98A1-D73036490045.thumb.jpeg.cad3ba7a7ad790813f470f6cebd28bfc.jpeg

Looks great and it will also make my life easier when blowing snow in the winter. I no longer have to worry about putting gravel on the lawn. 

It’s important to treat your MIL tenant right. I’m also her favourite son in-law by marriage but I’m also her only son in-law by marriage. 😜

E959406B-EC1F-4F23-B4D5-937D5EF9E9B2.thumb.jpeg.ef768d15a3ed83250cb6a0af72573232.jpeg

• Like 11