Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Another option would be to provide some tv streaming this year and let the future tenants know the change for 2023.  You are saving $150 bucks without providing.  If you  feel like you need to provide tv service, you can find stream tv for less and still safe.  (Retired CPA not being able to hold back advice 😂)

Let me type this again - ugghhh CC!

Thank you for your advice.       We currently have netflix and prime video and figure we will just leave them logged in for future users.     May add some other subscriptions in the future.     I am going to ask a couple other Landlords in the neighborhood what they do.

All of our tenants are repeat clients and have been for several years.   So far, they all said they want their same weeks next year.    Not the can opener lady, the usual renter for that week says they will be back next summer.       

We have not raised rent in 3 years and are considering increasing as a lot of people tell us our rent is too low.     Originally we were going to raise rent for 2020 but then covid hit and I didn't have the heart to raise rent on people.     then this year I wimped out and just kept it the same.     Undecided for next year.     

I usually send leases via email in February and will put a note about the TV streaming and see what feedback I get from them.       Rent - don't know - going to check out other listings or sites such as VRLBI to compare.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha being a big girl hanging out with her brothers.

1010638116_Samantha12.thumb.jpeg.e5e8a0a4ae3bfb42aad2235220d58862.jpeg

Adorable.    That's great that everyone is getting along.   Last night there was a mini cat fight in my bedroom.    Eva has her favorite spot at the end of the bed on Eric's side and Sparky usually sleeps on the chair on my side but last night Sparky decided to take Eva's spot.     She wasn't very happy about that but then she was content when she came up and snuggled on my pillow.   I fell asleep to her purrrrrrrs.    Worked for me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Just heard Captain Kate's excellent news....she is bringing out the Beyond in April 2022.

She has mentioned many times that her two biggest wishes are to bring out a new ship or to be appointed a godmother of a ship. So now she gets one wish. So happy for her and thrilled 💓....going to go book a Beyond sailing that we have been eyeing for a while.

That is great news!    I hope to meet her and Bugs someday.

• Like 2

Uh oh.  My sister who is triple vaxxed might have covid.  She took a rapid test as a precaution when she went in for sinus and throat issues a few days ago.  Rapid test came back negative.  However, now she doesn't have a sense of smell or taste so back to the doctor this morning who took another covid test, this time not the rapid one. She should get the results in 3 days.  

My sister was with her 2 married kids, grandkids and a bunch of friends these last few days.  All double vaxxed.  We were supposed to have lunch with her and BIL but in hindsight we're glad we couldn't make it.  I told her IF she has covid in all probability she won't feel any worse than she does now. Those vaccines really do help lower the severity.

She's freaking worried.  I don't blame her 😟

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Uh oh.  My sister who is triple vaxxed might have covid.  She took a rapid test as a precaution when she went in for sinus and throat issues a few days ago.  Rapid test came back negative.  However, now she doesn't have a sense of smell or taste so back to the doctor this morning who took another covid test, this time not the rapid one. She should get the results in 3 days.  

My sister was with her 2 married kids, grandkids and a bunch of friends these last few days.  All double vaxxed.  We were supposed to have lunch with her and BIL but in hindsight we're glad we couldn't make it.  I told her IF she has covid in all probability she won't feel any worse than she does now. Those vaccines really do help lower the severity.

The fact she is triple vaxxed I am sure she will be okay.  Like you said she probably won't feel any worse than she does now.       If she does test positive maybe her doc can administer the monoclonal antibody that has helped many.

Tell her to drink lots of water - it helps no matter what she has

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have not raised rent in 3 years

Taking into consideration all the differences between countries, etc., if I may offer my opinion, as I think that the "principle" might be the same...

Our sons were very lucky and got an apartment through a lottery for people without lodging / houses.

The married one choose to live there [ "sleeping city"], whereas the single one [DS1], whose work is in Tel-Aviv, is renting it, and renting in Tel-Aviv.

Since the rates in TA are higher, he has to add almost 100$ on top of the rent he is charging in the "sleeping city".

Usually, the rents go up [in place were there is demand] every year 2.5%-5%.

After the 1st year, DS1 wanted to raise the rent. We told him that he has good renters, who keep his apartment in good shape, no problems with the monthly rent.

If, between renters, he will have 2 weeks of "empty" flat, there goes the "raise", since the other payments ["condo tax", city tax, electricity, water, etc.] will continue, even if the flat is not occupied. Also, no guarantee who the next renters will be, even if we check them thoroughly...

His renters just began their 4th yearly contract with the same rent. He is happy, they are happy.

Alas, in Tel-Aviv, the rent is raising, since for every apt. there are 100 potential renters.

• Like 5

Dani,

We were eyeing a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on the Beyond. 

Very early to tell for sure if Captain Kate will be at the helm for the sailing we were looking at. But one can hope, now that she is the Mother of this new baby. I loved the way she announced it on Tiktok. 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Can she still be a independent TA after she retires?

She is retired.  She enjoys planning our trips and taking control by working direct with RC and airlines.  She takes care of our traveling buddies too.  So on this trip, with all the hard work she has done, I have referred to her as are TA.  

• Like 3

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

She is retired.  She enjoys planning our trips and taking control by working direct with RC and airlines.  She takes care of our traveling buddies too.  So on this trip, with all the hard work she has done, I have referred to her as are TA.  

Got it. Great asset to have her experience and knowledge.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Got it. Great asset to have her experience and knowledge.

She really enjoys it.  Last night we were talking to a friend that is cruising out of Galveston on their first RC cruise.  He had questions and she pulled out the RC app, started showing where to find stuff.  A great wife who loves to help people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sorry to hear about your sister.  Praying all goes well. Keep us updated.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The fact she is triple vaxxed I am sure she will be okay.  Like you said she probably won't feel any worse than she does now.       If she does test positive maybe her doc can administer the monoclonal antibody that has helped many.

Tell her to drink lots of water - it helps no matter what she has

Thank you.  She's always drinking water.  Always! lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Adorable.    That's great that everyone is getting along.   Last night there was a mini cat fight in my bedroom.    Eva has her favorite spot at the end of the bed on Eric's side and Sparky usually sleeps on the chair on my side but last night Sparky decided to take Eva's spot.     She wasn't very happy about that but then she was content when she came up and snuggled on my pillow.   I fell asleep to her purrrrrrrs.    Worked for me!

Aww kitty purrs are the best.  They get along for the most part.  The two grey cats fight sometimes but nothing serious.  They have all been very nice to little Samantha which I am very happy for.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am pleasantly surprised comcast/xfinity truck pulled up at 8 am.   Figured we would be waiting all morning for them to show up!

Although I am tired of this game of switching providers every 2 years when contracts run out.    

We decided for now to just do internet connections and will use smart tv streaming then add tv channels for next summer when we have tenants back in.   This is the first year that we didnt do winter renter so might as well save on monthly cable bill.

Debbie, what provider did you use before you switched to comcast/xfinity?  We've only been able to have comcast/xfinity since we moved here 5 years ago.  It had gotten so expensive, that we only have internet, and that's costing us $125 per month.  We've been streaming for the past year or so.