Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I did not know about the increase until reading this.  I have been putting off drawing SS but considering to start drawing at the beginning of the year.  This is making it more tempting.  

I waited until the "66 and 2 month" mark.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

It’s good to put it off as long as possible, I took mine at 67 and shout have waited a little longer , every month you wait will cause you to get a bigger check. 

Though each month you refuse the money....you have lost that in total as well.    

Bucky took his at 62, figuring his "break even point" would be at age 80.  😉   I opted to wait a bit, and now get as much as he does.   But when I add up the 4.2 years of monthly money I refused as total...ouch!  $$  😮   Hope I live long enough to make it worth it.  🤭

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky took his at 62, figuring his "break even point" would be at age 80.  😉   I opted to wait a bit, and now get as much as he does.   But when I add up the 4.2 years of monthly money I refused as total...ouch!  $$  😮   Hope I live long enough to make it worth it.  🤭

Charlie had to go out on disability SS.  I took mine at 62 thinking I wouldn’t make it this far🥴

• Like 4

Guys, please forgive my rant but the issues with this sight are RIDICULOUS!  Just constant issues with posting or being able to like posts. I try to log out but get an error message and remain logged in (I can tell because my username still shows in the upper right corner), yet if I try to comment it tells me to login!   The only thing that sometimes works is to clear my history but frankly that’s a PITA because it clears my history from all the websites I visit.  Anyone else have luck with a different solution?

🤬🤬

(note: only able to post this by clearing my history yet again)

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 6

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

Guys, please forgive my rant but the issues with this sight are RIDICULOUS!  Just constant issues with posting or being able to like posts. I try to log out but get an error message and remain logged in (I can tell because my username still shows in the upper right corner), yet if I try to comment it tells me to login!   The only thing that sometimes works is to clear my history but frankly that’s a PITA because it clears my history from all the websites I visit.  Anyone else have luck with a different solution? 🤨🤬

Clearing my cookies...browsing data...does help.   But agree it's a PITA to have to input passwords again on other sites.  

I guess we pick our poison.  😮 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

I

Clearing my cookies...browsing data...does help.   But agree it's a PITA to have to input passwords again on other sites.  

I guess we pick our poison.  😮 

I don't know what device you are using, but I use my laptop.

If I click on the lock symbol in front of the address, a drop down menu  gives the option to clear cookies just for CC, not the entire computer.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

I retired at 55 and took SS at 62.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The closer it gets to Monday the more depressed I am going.

Pauline and I and I'm sure everyone on Dani's thread is rooting for you and your family Lenny and praying you get good news on Monday for Mallory.

Prayers 🙏 also for your dear wife.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

• Like 9

Just now, grapau27 said:

Pauline and I and I'm sure everyone on Dani's thread is rooting for you and your family Lenny and praying you get good news on Monday for Mallory.

Prayers 🙏 also for your dear wife.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

The MRI will be Monday at 6PM.I am hoping that we get the results by Wednesday because Thursday is my daughters birthday and I am hoping and praying that we will be celebrating.

Thank you,Graham and Pauline and everyone else.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The MRI will be Monday at 6PM.I am hoping that we get the results by Wednesday because Thursday is my daughters birthday and I am hoping and praying that we will be celebrating.

Sending Happy Birthday wishes in advance for your daughter for Thursday and hopefully you will be celebrating good news then for Mallory.

Graham.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I don't know what device you are using, but I use my laptop.

If I click on the lock symbol in front of the address, a drop down menu  gives the option to clear cookies just for CC, not the entire computer.

Interesting.  I’m using my iPhone.  I see the lock in front of the cc address but clicking on it doesn’t do anything.  I’m tech challenged so if anyone else with an iPhone knows if this can be done (clearing just cc history) please chime in.  

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Another thought tell her to go onto county dept of health website and see what they show for testing sites.  Some towns have little mom and pop pharmacies that do testing without crazy wait times.

Good idea! I’ll tell her. They have retired Navy benefits. I told her to check at the base. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is almost November and it is 80 degrees outside.I wonder if the snowbirds in Fla are planning to come back to NY ?

It seems they typically start around now, Columbus day. Then  head back for the holidays, then back for good.

27 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

It seems they typically start around now, Columbus day. Then  head back for the holidays, then back for good.

We head to Naples around December 29, 30.  The only time we go down in the Fall is if we have a cruise booked around that time😊

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Interesting.  I’m using my iPhone.  I see the lock in front of the cc address but clicking on it doesn’t do anything.  I’m tech challenged so if anyone else with an iPhone knows if this can be done (clearing just cc history) please chime in.  

Deb, someone on here (Ozark?  Ocean Boy?) suggested hitting the refresh symbol at the top of my chrome book when I have the problem...which is pretty much on a daily basis.  Anyway, that's what's been working for me since that suggestion.  Good luck!

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Are you accessing CC through the CC app or navigating to via a web browser on your phone such as chrome, safari or firefox? If you are using the CC app,  don't use it it's no longer supported.

52 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have no doubt that your daughter will be celebrating a wonderful birthday. You and your family will be in my thoughts for a wonderful outcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1