Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

71° this morning with light rain, so our morning walking excursion is delayed.  

Somehow, the hotel breakfast buffet doesn’t have as much variety as WJ.  But it is self serve. 

15B790AE-D4FE-4AE3-A619-524CC92816DF.thumb.jpeg.af2ed7aca8573e3665f06e9d7476b1a8.jpeg

At first glance, I thought that was strawberry on your eggs. At second glance, I realized I haven’t a clue what it is!!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

She is so silly. 😸  How did she manage to get up there?

She climbs up the bales and the then leaps the 6” onto the truss beams. She sometimes walks 300’, up there with only the 60’ drop below to cement. No urgency at all, but she does come down when called. She has never had to been “rescued” from their either.  

• Like 10

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Bonnie, we have some common birthdays to celebrate.

It seems that Brody and our Itamar have been born on the same day (March 14th, as well as Albert, the Prince of Monaco...).

Wishing Brody a very happy birthday, as well as an early birthday wishes to Channing, who was born on the same day as Itamar's mommy...

Sending both Brody and Channing some spring flowers, from DH's morning "crop" 😘

_DSC5014.thumb.JPG.5b68b6b13ff4b75b0d7f6c8714369fd5.JPG

_DSC4987.thumb.JPG.bc91ffbc18d87e66172f997e93fc5716.JPG

_DSC4998.thumb.JPG.a14223f6b77620a336f8c2cb214345d7.JPG

Thank you for the beautiful flowers for my Brody and Channing.

As I always remember your birthday, I will now always remember Itamar's as well.  Belated happy birthday to Itamar!

Commenting on wash and dry chat, Israeli style:  When we were first married and lived in Israel, we had no washing machine or dryer.  Everything was washed by hand in the bathtub and dried clipped on the outside line. No phone, no tv, no oven, just a stovetop.  Roughing it or camping indoors.  Actually, lots of good times were spent there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 5:13 PM, DaniDanielle said:

He is, little by little though.

I hope your Charlie is feeling better.  I finally had an in office visit at urgent care to treat my cellulitis from Feb. 18th .  I first tried e-mails with my GP and took the prescribed antibiotics.   Such a mild case compared to your husband but it has lingered . 

Best wishes to Charlie ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It never ends.My 13 year old granddaughter was playing in her middle school basketball game,fell and fractured a wrist.She has a cast on it .

Wishing her the best and she will be good as new soon. Young bones heal good.

Is that Mallory or another GD?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, we do have a dryer, lastly used 5 years ago. In Israel, it is rare that we have a sequence of many rainy days.

This time I was sure that I "caught" a dry spell between the rains, and my washing was almost dry. Almost.

DH couldn't resist taking a picture of my innovative idea of making sure that his t-shirts and DS1's socks (mommy still does his washing.... and "almost" drying 😉) are completely dry 🤪

PHOTO-2022-03-14-19-20-15.thumb.jpg.0714c5599a5ef374489a749188a0b7ca.jpg

If already mentioned, please disregard this question, but did your Husband decide on a new TV?

21 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Debbie,
I forgot to ask, where is your cruise going?

Nothing exciting this time, we go down the east coast - stop at Port Canaveral, Nassau and coco cay.    Baby steps for our new sailors.

We are doing a b2b of same itinerary but without any kids the 2nd week. No adult supervision - Woot Woot 😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Busy busy in the world of mortgages this week, plus we are preparing for worst case scenario if the new VPN on laptop doesn't work on Anthem. 

Contractor for our front doors called and received the parts he had ordered and wants to come by tomorrow to remove both front door and storm door, install new jamb, trim work, etc. 

Tomorrow should be in the 70's so will be good a day to have no doors for a couple of hours.   

Will be curious to see if the Sparky and Eva take advantage of no doors or just go out back as they usually do during the day.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nothing exciting this time, we go down the east coast - stop at Port Canaveral, Nassau and coco cay.    Baby steps for our new sailors.

We are doing a b2b of same itinerary but without any kids the 2nd week. No adult supervision - Woot Woot 😁

Hmmmm, can you both be trusted?? 🤣😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Our rain delayed walking excursion finally got moving today. We found a little nature trail along the way, but didn’t see much, except for some mangroves. 

B8A72661-375A-4B92-B408-9174B0523F7D.thumb.jpeg.cffbbe5c6dcb5d36fc4df9640d2bd337.jpeg

We did see some land crabs, but they were too quick, backing in their holes, for photos.  We made our way to the beach again at North Hollywood. 

3F3BC1A0-7CD3-472A-934E-06C417322C7C.thumb.jpeg.25d8a813967e65d4e94048d7ecd569a8.jpeg

Saw a couple racing offshore, but 10X would not get a close photo. I couldn’t help to think that they were probably burning $400 of gas each hour at WOT. 

0526A348-5D07-4451-A426-08B4F25BB987.thumb.jpeg.0b6714cc1bf3000ffdbef04e624dc0fc.jpeg

Stopped at Grumpy Gary’s for lunch

E114B0A3-F260-42D7-BEEC-AB207A52FF0F.thumb.jpeg.df0fcd15eecf3cd8a86e7c766b54da96.jpeg

The sandwiches were not bad, but the drinks were undersized and overpriced. 

BE01C4B6-B67F-448B-BD6F-FD194CB39900.thumb.jpeg.c61c647b2d18e48d0dca45c9f827ec9c.jpeg

That little margarita in the photo above was $15

D9B40774-CA44-4112-AE39-A51E4F751D90.thumb.jpeg.585c613910157e04f22135526144ec16.jpeg

Spring breakers were out, so a little rain and wind didn’t stop them. 

7A6ABD47-4DDE-4255-9E60-505E1D1AF7B0.thumb.jpeg.9d45056cb1207e3c5ca1413d9376dfbe.jpeg

We did find some wildlife on the way back to the hotel. An egret

869DE340-496C-4A74-B990-C24FECE64E84.thumb.jpeg.de1e2a788337d0e4f83fce3683067b6c.jpeg

And a Muscoy duck with at least 14 young ducklings. 

1E09560C-F648-4A14-9F26-9D1037748F94.thumb.jpeg.27db8f782d9e5aa98d6544e6a6ddbacb.jpeg

Yes, my dogs are barking after walking as much as we did yesterday.  

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If already mentioned, please disregard this question, but did your Husband decide on a new TV?

Funny you should mention it... after being absolutely sure that he wants a Samsung QLED, today he checked again and [thought] he found that our old video camera would not work with it 😢.

In a very quick move, which is quite unusual for him [DH being of the "maniana", or even better, of the "after maniana" variety], he switched to a Sony Bravia LED 50'' Android Smart TV 4K KD-50X81JAEP, and, after a bit of bargaining on the phone from my part, I got it for 1K.

Hopefully, 5 business days and it will be here.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Funny you should mention it... after being absolutely sure that he wants a Samsung QLED, today he checked again and [thought] he found that our old video camera would not work with it 😢.

In a very quick move, which is quite unusual for him [DH being of the "maniana", or even better, of the "after maniana" variety], he switched to a Sony Bravia LED 50'' Android Smart TV 4K KD-50X81JAEP, and, after a bit of bargaining on the phone from my part, I got it for 1K.

Hopefully, 5 business days and it will be here.

Sony is a great brand.   I am not familiar with that particular model but sounds like your Husband has done all the required research and you did a great job with negotiations😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

I hope your Charlie is feeling better.  I finally had an in office visit at urgent care to treat my cellulitis from Feb. 18th .  I first tried e-mails with my GP and took the prescribed antibiotics.   Such a mild case compared to your husband but it has lingered . 

Best wishes to Charlie ! 

He is feeling better, arm swelling has gone down a lot.  It is still sore though.  It does linger, keep taking the antibiotics.  Charlie thinks he is going to stop when he feels like it but I will make sure he takes the full amount. I hope you feel better soon🤞🙏

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sony is a great brand.   I am not familiar with that particular model but sounds like your Husband has done all the required research and you did a great job with negotiations😍

Our +10 years old is a Sony, but they're usually more expensive than other brands, hence hubby wanted something cheaper. He says that we don't need all the "bells". Myself, I'm more into books than TV, so actually its his "show".

We're a good team - he with his technical knowledge, me -- keeper of the "purse" 😎

• Like 10

Dryers - never needed one to date.  Survived the recent two weeks of solid wet weather without one but weather service has just announced that the La Nina system that gave us a very wet summer is going to linger longer than expected for another month or so.  It’s wet again this week.  Son needs his cricket gear dry for the weekend grand final.  He put  it out last night in a moment of optimism and it got drenched overnight.Might just cave and get a dryer for winter.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Son needs his cricket gear dry for the weekend grand final.  He put  it out last night in a moment of optimism and it got drenched overnight. Might just cave and get a dryer for winter.

That's exactly why I "caved in" more than 20 years ago... Both boys were in the army and I needed their uniforms over the WE (rain or shine)...

After the "army period", it sits nicely on the washing machine, mainly as an additional "pantry" 🤪

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That's exactly why I "caved in" more than 20 years ago... Both boys were in the army and I needed their uniforms over the WE (rain or shine)...

After the "army period", it sits nicely on the washing machine, mainly as an additional "pantry" 🤪

I can see why you caved. My mum gifted me one when our first child was born.  Barely used it.  Ended up being  used primarily as a handy extra surface in the laundry.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3