Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

@Sea Dog  @bobmacliberty

I'm a lurker here, but think I read you are both Bourbon affecionados.   Can you provide some recommendations for a nice bottle for my DH for an upcoming birthday?   I don't think I can justify anything that is like $1000/bottle, but something in the 100-200 price point would be great.

His current bottle is Woodford Reserve double oaked.  I'd like something a step up from that if you can recommend.   Thank you both.   

Hopefully OK to post here--maybe should have been in the Bella thread?

Sorry I'm late. Bob @bobmacliberty gave some excellent choices. If you are not afraid of prices higher than msrp, I would consider a bottle of EH Taylor.

https://www.caskers.com/colonel-e-h-taylor-jr-small-batch-bourbon-whiskey/

It's amazing.

Here's another list of some great bourbon's

https://ofwhiskeyandwords.com/the-11-best-bourbons-under-150/

And as Bob says, If you find any Weller products, Weller 12, Weller Antique 107, Weller Special Reserve, buy that he will really appreciate that.

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

That is so funny. We both smoked weed back in our young adulthood. We haven't revisited it yet. Yesterday, there was a coupon on the back of our grocery store receipt for $25 off your $125 purchase at our local dispensary, "Garden of Eden" :classic_biggrin:

I don't know which states are legal, but the gummies and CBD ointments and extracts are supposed to be very helpful for chronic pain, and things like restless leg and restful sleep. They sell the CBD extract and ointments here at Kohls and Walgreens. LOL :classic_biggrin:

That's why I am getting a card. A friend gave me a couple of gummy's and they stop my RLS.

• Like 1

We are heading back up the coast.     Nice sunny day but temp has now dropped to 52.    Sun is on wrong of the ship too!!

We did have a great 2 weeks and it is time to go home and see my babies - Sparky and Eva. 

I hope everyone that is currently sailing is having a Terrific time😍

• Like 10

We are trying to book Celebrity Summit for May but their website is horrible.  I get different prices, different rooms show up even if I go right back to booking.  Our TA is working on it but I am not optimistic.  Yesterday’s prices went up $700 then down $300, so I gave up!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are heading back up the coast.     Nice sunny day but temp has now dropped to 52.    Sun is on wrong of the ship too!!

We did have a great 2 weeks and it is time to go home and see my babies - Sparky and Eva. 

So happy Debbie you had a great cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are boarding tomorrow. Hoping the forecast changes.  

• Like 4

On 3/31/2022 at 10:03 PM, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, I have tried most of those.  When I was young, I learned to play golf with a ladies 7 iron hitting balls along the lake front at the lake house.  When I was a bit older, I hit all of those balls with a driver into the lake off a point.  Later after I got married and on the day Ronald Reagan was shot we went down to the lake house, and I got my fishing rod and waders out (around the first of April) and waded out and caught a pile of fish, and as I was walking in the lake with my waders on, I kept stepping on balls, so I put them in my waders, while catching a pile of fish.  When I got out of the water and went back to the house with a couple of fish for dinner (White Bass were running big time), I dumped the golf balls in the drive.  We watched Indiana beat my Tarheels in the Final Four (Isaiah Thomas), that summer we moved to Chapel Hill I went to the Economics department at UNC in the doctoral process, and life was never the simple same.  At that time I was about an 8 handicap.  

While in Gradual School, I played rarely.  The UNC course, was recently redesigned by Jack Nicklaus because his son was on the UNC golf team along with Davis Love.  I became friends with the golf coaches at Duke thru my bowling skills (a sport I was actually very good at), and I was given Carte Blanche to play the Robert Trent Jones Duke course paying about 10 bucks to play anytime they had times available.  Still didn’t play much for a long time.  

Moved back home and was still borderline single digit handicap.  Then working full time at the bottom of the food chain.  I didn’t play enough to have a handicap.  Moved up the food chain played more golf and was a 12 for years.  Then about 12 years ago got promoted to boss of the company I work for, and upgraded club, and I have ranged between 15 and 18 as a handicap ever since.  I used to hit it 300 from the tee on my good days, now 250-260.  My 3 wood and my 3 hybrid both only go about 220.  I am still pretty long with my irons, 8 iron is about 155.  That said the club I belong to is a beast, Payne Stewarts dad was the pro back in the day.  I shot 97 I only had one par on the front nine and 3 on the back I hit back to back balls out of bounds off the tee on number 7.  Massive hook.  One of the reasons I went from a 12 to a super high handicap, was I always hit a draw that sometimes was a hook.  To, score at the new course, you have to be able to hit a fade, I spent two years learning how to make the ball move right.  When I am in the groove, I can play that nice fade, but it is so long, I am rarely hitting a wedge into the par fours, and I can’t reach any of the Par 5s in two.  So….. it is hard.  Still love playing, but it is hard.

I know TMI

jc

Ifoundit very interesting. Nice to see Payne Stewart’s name. 

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are trying to book Celebrity Summit for May but their website is horrible.  I get different prices, different rooms show up even if I go right back to booking.  Our TA is working on it but I am not optimistic.  Yesterday’s prices went up $700 then down $300, so I gave up!

Prices definitely roller coaster , after I booked my sky suite on new Beyond the price went up 1k per person, glad I am locked in . But if you book when it’s high and it goes down you can rebook with new price as long as it’s not after final payment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2022 at 10:18 PM, Ocean Boy said:

If you are using the Voltaren topically (you did not specify pills or cream) then I have no issue at all. Taking boths meds internally could be problematic.

Either of them tear my stomach up. I can’t imagine taking both. Hopefully it’s external!

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

So what exactly does it mean that Will Smith withdrew from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences?  Is that some sort of union and he will not be able to work on any future "union projects"?  Or is he just no longer eligible to win an Oscar?  I always thought that the Academy was just an awards group but never really gave it any thought.

It just means he can’t vote , still can be nominated. But negative publicity most likely will cost him money , lots of people will no longer pay to see his movies. On the other hand Chris Rock is more popular than ever , he showed extreme composer during this whole instance,

• Like 4

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not better.I do not know if you were posting this to me.I have a really bad headache ,a sensation of my body burning up and horrifific pain in my legs.Last night we nearly called 911.According to the Internet this can last for 3 days.I have been taking Tylenol.I never had pain like this before.

I am so sorry. I’m along way away, so I can only send you a virtual hug!

839ADDBE-D384-44F8-B33E-E3FE0130CE65.jpeg

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

At least that's one vaccine I won't have to worry about --- never had chicken pox, so don't have the virus in my system to be reactivated into shingles.  

I’d advise a blood test to make sure the virus isn’t lurking. Dick and Zi both said we had never had chicken pox even though our siblings did. 
Our primary had our next blood test checked, and we both had the virus!

Having seen the ravages of shingles in friends, we both got the Shingrex shots and had no bad reactions. 
I was a little queasy after the first one, but that was gone by bedtime. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Mimi I am so sorry for your loss! I know the pain. My thoughts are with you in your time of need.

Both of their deaths came right out of the blue. No symptoms except Fran’s back two weeks before she went into the hospital. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

Prices definitely roller coaster , after I booked my sky suite on new Beyond the price went up 1k per person, glad I am locked in . But if you book when it’s high and it goes down you can rebook with new price as long as it’s not after final payment.

I got all excited when I saw the Beyond was leaving out of Bayonne.  I told Charlie it was worth the price, new ship,different itineraries.  Then I saw it ends in Florida😢. Don’t want to fly home.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I got all excited when I saw the Beyond was leaving out of Bayonne.  I told Charlie it was worth the price, new ship,different itineraries.  Then I saw it ends in Florida😢. Don’t want to fly home.

I definitely understand when I lived in New York City I never considered any other cruises, now we fly for every cruise, even those leaving from Texas . 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've never smoked....anything.

Me either.  Except for one puff of my mother’s cigarette when I was about 2 or 3.  According to the story, I turned green and threw up.  Never touched one again.  In high school I was working too hard to get a scholarship to chance getting caught.  Met my DH freshman year and he was past his experimental stage, so none then either.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

So sorry to hear this Mimi.  My condolences.

That restaurant went out of business a couple of years ago.  I was surprised to hear that because it was always packed when I was there, but that was many years ago.

Yeah, with Durgin Park and Carnegie Deli both gone, where do all the surly servers work now?

• Haha 3