Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The "problem" with chopped chicken liver is that pictures of it don't look, how shall we say it delicately, "appétissantes" [or enticing in English??]. Hubby's "version" is more like terrine...

In an "effort" to "convert" you, @aussielozzie18, he staged his "version" for you, hopefully in an "enticing" way 😉.

image.thumb.jpeg.c7014017ecccfb05474f02a80ffa7b78.jpeg

She was perfect in her role, a born actress.

Sad in Israel 😢

That looks delicious!  Ok, I admit that if I was presented with chicken liver like that, I would definitely be enticed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our prayers 🙏 to Ava for a fast recovery.

Screenshot_20211209_095955.jpg

Thank you, Pauline and Graham❤️

14 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Luckynana Always worrying when a family member is sick in another country.  Hope Ava is well enough to fly home tomorrow.

So scary.  Thank you so much, aussie😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Oh where to begin. 

Well a good place would be at the beginning. 

I am sure people remember hurricane Charlie on Friday the 13, 2004. Our DD was only 10 when we evacuated safely. She was so mature and when we got home we said. “ ok she is showing responsibility so we will get her a kitten that she has been asking for”. We had to wait till spring and in April of 2005 Miss Carrie joined the family. 

Her life existed with Christina non stop. In fact we would tell people Carrie did not walk the first two years of life, she was carried everywhere. 

Then in 2013 Christina went off to college and we inherited Carrie. It took awhile but soon she was my best bud. Always around wherever I was in the house. She would even sneak under the covers at night. My lover girl. But when the DH would catch her and put her at foot of bed and she would stay there till morning. 

Now to the present. 

This past Tuesday she didn’t eat her dinner, started throwing up. I’m thinking hair ball. Medicated. 
Wednesday still throwing up. Eating very little. Not drinking.  I went to store and bought her new food and the treats she likes. Still sleeping with me. 
Thursday. Very sluggish slept all day. Ate a few treats. Slept with me. 

Today. Lethargic, wobbly on feet. Can hardly notice if any food out of bowl. Definitely not perky. Weight loss evident. 

She just turned 17. And in my heart I know it is only a matter of time. No heroics are planned.  Just comforting and tons of snuggles. 

Now, I’m crying. Yea to some she is only a cat. But to me she is the child my daughter raised. 

I know it is only a matter of time. 

Sad in Ohio. 

Carrie a few months ago C96A1399-3979-4A55-A179-C6C1F02A31CC.thumb.jpeg.e8c0acddac3351af686dea8b949ab520.jpegCarrie today ED9F0D4C-EAF0-4FE5-9D9E-8B969A9538AB.thumb.jpeg.ac0c5659ea93cf93cb2096d1a04c189e.jpeg

Oh I know this feeling all too well.    Hugs to everyone.    My sweet baby lived 3 months shy of her 22nd birthday.   It is never easy to let go of a beloved pets.    Prayers and happy thoughts for Carrie🙏

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Oh where to begin. 

Well a good place would be at the beginning. 

I am sure people remember hurricane Charlie on Friday the 13, 2004. Our DD was only 10 when we evacuated safely. She was so mature and when we got home we said. “ ok she is showing responsibility so we will get her a kitten that she has been asking for”. We had to wait till spring and in April of 2005 Miss Carrie joined the family. 

Her life existed with Christina non stop. In fact we would tell people Carrie did not walk the first two years of life, she was carried everywhere. 

Then in 2013 Christina went off to college and we inherited Carrie. It took awhile but soon she was my best bud. Always around wherever I was in the house. She would even sneak under the covers at night. My lover girl. But when the DH would catch her and put her at foot of bed and she would stay there till morning. 

Now to the present. 

This past Tuesday she didn’t eat her dinner, started throwing up. I’m thinking hair ball. Medicated. 
Wednesday still throwing up. Eating very little. Not drinking.  I went to store and bought her new food and the treats she likes. Still sleeping with me. 
Thursday. Very sluggish slept all day. Ate a few treats. Slept with me. 

Today. Lethargic, wobbly on feet. Can hardly notice if any food out of bowl. Definitely not perky. Weight loss evident. 

She just turned 17. And in my heart I know it is only a matter of time. No heroics are planned.  Just comforting and tons of snuggles. 

Now, I’m crying. Yea to some she is only a cat. But to me she is the child my daughter raised. 

I know it is only a matter of time. 

Sad in Ohio. 

Carrie a few months ago C96A1399-3979-4A55-A179-C6C1F02A31CC.thumb.jpeg.e8c0acddac3351af686dea8b949ab520.jpegCarrie today ED9F0D4C-EAF0-4FE5-9D9E-8B969A9538AB.thumb.jpeg.ac0c5659ea93cf93cb2096d1a04c189e.jpeg

Sad in Central Florida (Near Disney)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our 16 year old granddaughter is in the hospital in the Dominican Republic with a stomach virus.  She traveled there with her girlfriend  Bella and Bella's family.  The entire family had been sick all week, and Ava was the last to get it, and obviously the worst.  She has been in the hospital for the past 2 days and will be there overnight as well with an IV to keep her hydrated.  Bella's family has been with Ava the entire time in the hospital.  They are supposed to all fly home tomorrow, God Willing.  🙏🙏

Prayers gratefully accepted❤️

Maryann

🙏🙏

• Like 1

Our 16 year old granddaughter is in the hospital in the Dominican Republic with a stomach virus.  She traveled there with her girlfriend  Bella and Bella's family.  The entire family had been sick all week, and Ava was the last to get it, and obviously the worst.  She has been in the hospital for the past 2 days and will be there overnight as well with an IV to keep her hydrated.  Bella's family has been with Ava the entire time in the hospital.  They are supposed to all fly home tomorrow, God Willing.  🙏🙏

Maryann

Oh no, I am so sorry about Ava.    I hope she is well enough to fly back home tomorrow.   I am sure she misses her Mother's care while she is sick.💕  and her Mom will be feel better when she is back home.        She is in our thoughts and prayers🙏

• Like 3

Maryann

You have more prayers coming your way for Ava Jude's full recovery and safe trip back home.  To be 16 and in a foreign hospital feeling sick must be scary. Glad Bella's family has been with her constantly.  Oh those hugs Ava will be getting when she gets off that plane.

Sad here in NJ also.  

Sad in TX also.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Luckynana @Lionesss I’m so sorry to read what both of you have posted today. Prayers to both of you. ❤️

Ty. 
Having a feeling it’s going to be an emotional journey. Carrie is sleeping next to Rick. His hand is comforting her by resting on her back. He is taking it so hard. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Maryann

How scary for her (and you!) to be hospitalized so far from home.  Thank goodness she has her best friend & caring people with her.  Prayers that she gets better & can fly home soon. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Well, it came to pass that our Feb 4,2023 on Harmony was canceled , the ship is chartered by Atlantis Cruises.

A one hour phone call with C&A yesterday did not work out, but I tried again today and we got booked on Harmony the week of January 21, so we will be on the ship from the 21 , B2B till Feb 4.

If all of our booked cruises happen, we will be Pin .  It has been just 12 years since we made D+.

That will be great!   I'm not sure I'll ever make Pin, unless I live another life and can carry over my points.

Did you have some cruises booked with double point promo?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Ty. 
Having a feeling it’s going to be an emotional journey. Carrie is sleeping next to Rick. His hand is comforting her by resting on her back. He is taking it so hard. 

Sad in PA😔

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

A neighbor in our area posted a pic of fox in their yard.

A3DDDA0F-673D-4658-9212-EB187D8A7C47.jpeg.1090e09bfeebf1747253c352747a35a6.jpeg

That is gorgeous! I love Gray foxes! :classic_smile: We have a lot of them here, and they are not obnoxious like the red foxes. Our neighbors are all posting Coyote photos, because they are everywhere here this spring. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

Well,

heard from one of the jobs (the one I was most excited about) and they hired someone else because they needed a closer timeline. 😩 oh well…all will work out the way it’s supposed to.

i have several happy hours with work friends scheduled over the next month and I just found out the execs are throwing me a goodbye party which is highly

unusual since that’s typically reserved for retirees. ❤️
We have booked the Paris Vrbo along with the Tampa to Paris flight for August. I’m so excited! 
moving wise: I’ve narrowed the wifi down to 2 providers that I need to call this weekend, our new bed frame was delivered to the FL house this week and our tenant is putting it in the garage for us, the Budget truck is reserved for 5/28, the carpet cleaning at our current home is 5/30, and this is reallyyyyyy happening!!!!!!!!

You never know the new recruit may not work out and they may come back to you.  Paris - envious.  Exciting that you move is getting closer.

• Like 4