Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just clicked on a link to a review I did in 2016 and it worked just fine, other than my pictures being stored in Photobucket at the time that now have watermarks on them.  It's the Adventure review in my signature if you want to see if it's just a problem on your end.

Whatever the problem was, it seems to have resolved itself.  Chalk it up to a CC glitch.

No problems with photos or YouTube videos I had in the report.  What did surprise me, was that the Periscope (who remembers that?) live videos I linked, still worked.  That, after the periscope app was discontinued by Twitter over a year ago.

I picked up a bottle of blue curaçao when we were in Curaçao.  

Since we really enjoyed those Union Jack lava flows, Susan wants me to make some when we get back home.  I think I will need to pick up a bottle of kraken to float on top of mine. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Oh yeah...forgot about Rory. Hope he's doing well in the new house.

I did some research a year or so ago and I probably would choose the Kamado Joe over the BGE for the reasons that you stated.

I'll post some pics later, but here is their outdoor kitchen. XL egg is still mobile. Old one is built in, but I think he can roll it as well

received_410892177617620.thumb.jpeg.92164f186c6b43875bd0f204b29c015e.jpeg

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My “Routine day in non-lockdown”, with my trusty ancient Kindle by my side.   It’s a gorgeous sunny 75 degree day with no humidity. If only I had someone to bring me drinks 😊.  

0BD16392-0CE7-42E2-B543-388CC14CF166.jpeg

That looks very inviting.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I picked up a bottle of blue curaçao when we were in Curaçao.  

Since we really enjoyed those Union Jack lava flows, Susan wants me to make some when we get back home.  I think I will need to pick up a bottle of kraken to float on top of mine. 

FWIW, Blue curacao, Triple Sec, Grand Marnier, and Cointreau are all pretty much interchangeable in my bar. 

Downside to Blue Curacao is you may end up with an odd color. It can also be good. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My “Routine day in non-lockdown”, with my trusty ancient Kindle by my side.   It’s a gorgeous sunny 75 degree day with no humidity. If only I had someone to bring me drinks 😊.  

0BD16392-0CE7-42E2-B543-388CC14CF166.jpeg

I've 'worked' as a cabana boy on occasion. 

Tips are pretty good😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Oh yeah...forgot about Rory. Hope he's doing well in the new house.

I did some research a year or so ago and I probably would choose the Kamado Joe over the BGE for the reasons that you stated.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No upgrade. Rory added an XL. My large is fine.

Actually like the Komodo Joe I gave my son.

It's like they took the BGE, and tweeked it to fix all the shortcomings. And it's definitely less expensive 

I, too, hope Rory is doing well and enjoying his beautiful new house.     Tell him we said Hi next time you chat with him.   🤩

• Like 4

I just cancelled our TA in November, because we are looking after Thor, my son’s (huge) German Shepherd. I was looking up how much they are supposed to weigh, and he is at the upper end, even for a DDC shepherd. He weighs 100 lbs. 

James is deployed, and we will have Thor until Christmas. 

But, on the other hand, we booked a Panama Canal cruise! It’s not until November 2023. After reading accounts of those cruises, we really wanted to try one. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I, too, hope Rory is doing well and enjoying his beautiful new house.     Tell him we said Hi next time you chat with him.   🤩

I swear he never leaves the pool/kitchen except to ride.

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Lionesss said:

And the great news. 

In 2021 I presented my DH with his dream gift of front row seats to see Jimmy Buffet in concert. He talked about it for years. 

When  this thread was in its infancy over 60,000 posts ago I had mentioned that we had first row seats in Pittsburgh to see Jimmy Buffet’s concert. Then COVID hit.  We were canceled. 

But 

We took the option to keep our seats for the concert in 2021. I mean to have first row. 

Well,  DD decided to make that her wedding weekend and reluctantly we were going to be putting up our seats for sale. 

Then

The concert was canceled by them and we got a full refund. 

Now to the present. 

We will be in Cincinnati next month with the DD and SIL To see Buffet’s concert. 

Initially it was just going to be my DH and them. I hate lawn seats.  But somehow he was able to get 4 seats close to the stage in the Pavilion. I do not know who is happiest. Him or me.

So me with my ear plugs ( can’t stand ear drum breaking loud music) and DH with the biggest smile. We will be with the kids.

Also on the agenda will be going to

Jungle Jim’s

and

The Party Store.

Cheers.

@Ozark_Kid

Put the lid on it.  

I love Jimmy Buffet. My first concert was the Eagles and Buffet opened for them in 1978 at UF.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, George C said:

I always thought rccl will listen to complaints, we had a grand suite on a Mediterranean cruise 6 years ago , had a issue with toilet not flushing in the morning a couple of times . Concierge shocked us on last day when we were sitting in concierge lounge and gave us a 700 credit towards a future cruise.

just started reading a Bosch book , I knew that author also wrote the Lincoln lawyer books , but was extremely surprised that book sailed Bosch was half brother to the Lincoln lawyer. 

We had a suite attendant that made sexual comments towards our 13 year old daughters so I complained to our concierge. He was replaced but we didn't get any compensation.