Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just got back from lunch in our favorite restaurant, during the day they have 4 dollar martinis, so I had 3 for a appetizer and one for a dessert all dirty . For a change I ordered a healthy salad wife alway get a salmon lunch with asparagus. We almost alway get the same table and are friendly with the entire staff and owners . Love there live music at night . 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@dani negreanu  Safe travels tomorrow, Dani!  Enjoy your long-awaited cruise with your DH!  Hoping you get to personally meet Captain Kate🤞 she'll have the ship in tip-top shape for you both!😉

Have a great time with Sue and Gary.  Bon Voyage to the 4 of you!🛳️  

+2

Edited by DaniDanielle

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Unbelievable!

But how did you confirm the truth of that story? Since you mention it.

The sexual remark he made to your 13 yr old is absolutely NOT right and you did the right thing by not staying quiet and reporting it. But what monetary compensation is even close to adequate for that kind of behavior. Termination of employment, Suspension for good from employment by any cruise line in the world, etc etc definitely, but monetary compensation, FCC, no, I do not believe those were needed. And don't get this wrong please.

Are you still patronizing the cruise line?

Sending the child concerned some big hugs, and lots of love.

I don't know if his story was true but him telling us is definitely true. We didn't ask for compensation. We  reported him and had him removed form our suite. It was RC and yes we still cruise with them quite frequently as they handled the situation very well on board but I still feel that corporate dropped the ball. Francois, our concierge, was outstanding and went out of his way to make our trip wonderful despite the attendant. We took the lead from our kids and have cruised regularly since the incident in 2008.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations on your Granddaughter's Graduation today!!

How is your son doing???🙏

My son came home, leg is still swollen so he is still on antibiotics.  Our granddaughter received three awards, a partial scholarship and a special award in honor of our friend and pastor who passed in January!!! So proud!!!

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son came home, leg is still swollen so he is still on antibiotics.  Our granddaughter received three awards, a partial scholarship and a special award in honor of our friend and pastor who passed in January!!! So proud!!!

I'm happy he's home and congratulations on your granddaughter, that's awesome.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I don't know if his story was true but him telling us is definitely true. We didn't ask for compensation. We  reported him and had him removed form our suite. It was RC and yes we still cruise with them quite frequently as they handled the situation very well on board but I still feel that corporate dropped the ball. Francois, our concierge, was outstanding and went out of his way to make our trip wonderful despite the attendant. We took the lead from our kids and have cruised regularly since the incident in 2008.

I am happy for you and your kids. Keep on cruising!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Glad he’s home now. Congratulations to your granddaughter!

@lenquixote66 congratulations to your granddaughter for her awards also. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Downright Nasty!     I hope they caught him and threw his A** in jail.      I hope the victim didn't hit his end on the tile floor.     Any word on how he is doing?

All I heard he came to after 5 minutes later. Not sure how he is now.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Casa de Rory

IMG_2645.jpg.e9a5ae7aad0a93fc362df174c7a5f1e9.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg.a29ad39b73e6e5b7ee284ae8fa1eac8b.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg.4cc42a16e3f5b80b5f90d3011af1434e.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg.b27cbe14941b7119718e5e9bfa687d9d.jpg

IMG_2649.thumb.jpg.a7406765103eb9104e46c937d43619a5.jpg

Kinda looks familiar😉

20220610_160850.thumb.jpg.737ddfdb296a01dfd36a3f3c4b6b868d.jpg

Hello Penny

received_1039532286956806.thumb.jpeg.44add41051a8c9403d7675d361fc645b.jpeg

received_1124800514917033.thumb.jpeg.38ad36f6bb30446a031f8b8a6fd4f45c.jpeg

Fire pit thingy

received_3215083992144462.thumb.jpeg.271bd5680b3ba0fc53073e1210f01f91.jpeg

Interesting lights over that island.........looks like they are floating in mid air?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations on your granddaughter's 3 awards, as well as her partial scholarship!  Which school will she be attending in the Fall?  You have so much to be proud of!!!  

So good to hear that your son is finally home;  although he is still swollen, I hope that he is feeling better.  

25 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations to your Granddaughter. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

All I heard he came to after 5 minutes later. Not sure how he is now.

The first victim, as well as the good Samaritan who tried to stop the piece of s*** and was also punched, are okay according to the 6:00 news.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Very Nice!     Good to see some sunny skies shining on your family😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I just cancelled our TA in November, because we are looking after Thor, my son’s (huge) German Shepherd. I was looking up how much they are supposed to weigh, and he is at the upper end, even for a DDC shepherd. He weighs 100 lbs. 

James is deployed, and we will have Thor until Christmas. 

But, on the other hand, we booked a Panama Canal cruise! It’s not until November 2023. After reading accounts of those cruises, we really wanted to try one. 

Whoa Thor is a big boy.  My DD likes to hoist our dogs up into her arms (Max won’t have a bar of it though) but our dogs only weigh about 22kg. Love his name.

Would love to do a Panama Canal Cruise one day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Enjoy the race, as well as your amazing weather.  It is beautiful here today, also!

Fingers crossed it goes through. Time trials now but there is some unpredicted rain in the radar. I think it will be iffy. 

66F4DB76-1D2E-49B2-BD04-26EB6D83F509.thumb.jpeg.c227e6279c003ef567a7e810be9a2769.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Overall experience,  Baltics is still my favorite.

Looking forward to going back for an extended version in August.

Really nice to spend time pre and post cruise in Copenhagen 

We are doing the TA from Copenhagen to Boston in 2023.  I remembered you posted a review of your 2018 Baltic cruise so I looked it up to see what you said about your time in Copenhagen.  That review, which was done 2 years after you actually were there, was refreshing to read in 2020 when we were in lockdown.  Thanks!  Enjoy your upcoming return in August.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1