Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.    Probably start first week of August.    Tomorrow I will go my office and let my boss know I will be leaving and figure out the time lime.    I am thinking he will want me to stay on to finish out home closings for month end.   

I am excited to try something new as I really am getting bored with being a Mortgage Underwriter.   

The new job I will be overseeing the sales contract administrator and accounting dept.    

Awesome. I hope you really enjoy the new challenge.

• Thanks 1

A few quick pictures before we head off to another ball game, which might be cancelled due to rain. I’ll tell you about the tourney later. 

Mom yesterday, looking good. She’s doing very well, and I plan to see her Thursday. 

8446DD48-CA68-44B7-B167-D07AA80DF20F.thumb.jpeg.8e214be044e512320c209b4264b44b6c.jpeg

Dinner last night. Farm fresh corn and ribeyes. 

A712F052-EFCA-4E12-AB4F-501275AEAB27.thumb.jpeg.53c3781fe0e81be93c35367e9f4ddfa3.jpeg

Owen got his football Championship Ring yesterday too.

A9831AA5-804C-4FBE-98C2-FA3056366664.thumb.jpeg.aa5841b2e9c3b2e5fa4eab326f348913.jpeg

24E898BB-6B5E-4D06-B071-D73714D15088.thumb.jpeg.adf86349fe3d9136b146ecb62e92064c.jpeg

Storms on the horizon this afternoon. 

723753DD-1B03-4809-9195-E5B4F2204F0A.thumb.jpeg.c0abb0229400f81131e48415da2cea71.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 33

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter and son in law work in two different places but I am of the mind that they caught covid from each other.  One never really knows.  They are not isolating.

I have no idea and I am not a doctor.I was asking OB’s opinion as our “resident” medical person 

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Mom yesterday, looking good. She’s doing very well, and I plan to see her Thursday. 

Happy that your mom is better. Tell her she looks great.

Nice looking rib-eye. Very tasty I bet.

Wow nice ring. Congrats to Owen.

Wish it would storm here.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Sure can. When you press the Xfinity button on the remote, you should see "APP" on the far right.  Click on that & you should see all the usual Smart TV apps - NetFlix, Hulu, etc. Of course, those you'll need a paid subscription to use.

For the Peacock app, you'll need to create an account but there should be no charge. It sometimes takes a few seconds to load the content as you are streaming thru the cable company vs streaming directly to a smart TV but that's just a minor annoyance.

Most streaming services don't actively discourage sharing of passwords but there is a limit to how many devices can use the same account. Usually 3 or 4.  My Step-daughter shared her Hulu account with a bunch of people & now it's almost impossible to sign in once the max # of devices is reached. No biggie for me as the only think I watched was A Handmaids Tale.

I know how to get on to Netflix when a new Bridgerton season starts. Now I’ll check on Peacock Plus 
Dick watches everything on Amazon Prime and Netflix. I’ll bet he’s never checked Peacock Plus out!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    I had my meeting for job offer and accepted the new job.   I believe I will really enjoy the new position and I met several other employees and they all seem like great people that I will enjoy working with.    It is about a 20 minute mid afternoon drive - probably no more than 30 minutes during rush hour.   Best part is nice salary increase along with a signing bonus.     

Congratulations!

Enjoying your work Plus getting paid for it is such a blessing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

How nice to share that quality time. Have you tried Lavender bug spray? I use the Pelindaba brand and it seems to work.

For the first time in many ,many years I can count on one hand the amount of mosquito bites I got this summer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I know how to get on to Netflix when a new Bridgerton season starts. Now I’ll check on Peacock Plus 
Dick watches everything on Amazon Prime and Netflix. I’ll bet he’s never checked Peacock Plus out!

I also watch everything on Prime and Netflix.I have HBO Max and Disney plus but have to watch anything on either.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wonderful news at my surgeon appointment.  Ankle is totally healed and I can now put full pressure on both feet but I have to be mindful of my comfort zone.  She said, looking at the x-rays, that she can't even tell where the ankle was broken.  I don't need OT anymore but do need out-patient PT for another few weeks.  I've been off my operated ankle for 7 weeks now so it will take time to get used to walking with both legs again.  She said my pain is to be expected.

On a not so happy note, I have to add my daughter and son in law on the latest covid list.  She had a cold a few days ago and tested negative but lo and behold,, today they both tested positive.  I can only hope the kids 9 and 14 yrs old won't get it.   They're due to come here Aug. 20.  Is one month enough to test negative?

Wonderful and exciting!  Sounds perfect.  Good luck!

Bonnie, that is excellent news about your ankle.   

Sorry to hear about your Daughter and SIL.  Hopefully they have a quick recovery.   A month should be okay.   Positive thoughts they make their visit😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It's no wonder you folks lost the war. You all have too many rules... and you follow them.

Well, in Massachusetts my husband passed in the right lane and we got pulled over.

I would say Massachusetts has too many rules, but I don’t think you have to take a driving test to get a license. 

Our awful part of driving in England was my husband hitting the curb every few minutes. I expected to flip upside down in that traffic any minute. 
And he never got any better. 
Graham, I don’t know how you can say I4 is a free for all, when most of the time traffic is stop and go!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hear that in Germany it is illegal to flip someone off on the Autobahn. If that were the case here many of us would be in jail.

I stopped flipping people off years ago.  I was stopped at a red light many, many years ago, when the car behind me was honking their horn at me, and wouldn't stop honking,  I finally flipped my finger.  A week later, I was at my nephew's Christening, when one of his relatives came up to me and laughingly in a loud voice, told me it wasn't very nice of me to flip him with his young son in the car.  

• Haha 17

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few quick pictures before we head off to another ball game, which might be cancelled due to rain. I’ll tell you about the tourney later. 

8446DD48-CA68-44B7-B167-D07AA80DF20F.thumb.jpeg.8e214be044e512320c209b4264b44b6c.jpeg

A712F052-EFCA-4E12-AB4F-501275AEAB27.thumb.jpeg.53c3781fe0e81be93c35367e9f4ddfa3.jpeg

A9831AA5-804C-4FBE-98C2-FA3056366664.thumb.jpeg.aa5841b2e9c3b2e5fa4eab326f348913.jpeg

24E898BB-6B5E-4D06-B071-D73714D15088.thumb.jpeg.adf86349fe3d9136b146ecb62e92064c.jpeg

723753DD-1B03-4809-9195-E5B4F2204F0A.thumb.jpeg.c0abb0229400f81131e48415da2cea71.jpeg

What a pretty and young looking mom you have!

I hope she and Owen are fast healers and can get back to normal life soon. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    I had my meeting for job offer and accepted the new job.   I believe I will really enjoy the new position and I met several other employees and they all seem like great people that I will enjoy working with.    It is about a 20 minute mid afternoon drive - probably no more than 30 minutes during rush hour.   Best part is nice salary increase along with a signing bonus.     

How wonderful, Debbie!  Congratulations on your new job.  They are going to love you there!!!!💕

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My dad is 84. He asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  He insists on buying us something. To make it easy for him I said, I would love a box of chocolates from Coles (supermarket).  He goes twice a week.  Last night I opened my gift. Two storage containers of chocolates. Omg. F74835DC-2556-4804-8E47-08C9FABFEC54.thumb.jpeg.b31bfd183c3861441a12dd48054aee55.jpeg He said he spent $100 on wine for my brother’s birthday last month and it is only fair that he spent the same amount on me…….

(84 and still making sure his children are treated exactly the same)

How sweet!  What a great and thoughtful Dad you are Blessed with!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

What a pretty and young looking mom you have!

I hope she and Owen are fast healers and can get back to normal life soon. 

She just hit 80 so she’ll be happy to hear it. 

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Getting caught up on Below Deck DU tonight. I think Jason is a very good captain so far. I think this is going to be a very good series. Benny is going to be a problem. I'm on the fence about the chef.

It was a good season. You’ll like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am just inquiring based on your expertise.Hypothetically each person could have developed Covid from different sources ,is that not correct ?

My nephew works in an office,his wife in a hospital,his children both work in camps .

I guess it is possible that someone could have b4 and another have b5 strain.  🤔

Probably best to let your DD the Doctor handle as she wishes.  😃

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I guess it is possible that someone could have b4 and another have b5 strain.  🤔

She is married to my nephew not my daughter.My daughters are school teachers.😀

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And in the grand scheme of things, does it matter.🙄

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Getting caught up on Below Deck DU tonight. I think Jason is a very good captain so far. I think this is going to be a very good series. Benny is going to be a problem. I'm on the fence about the chef.

Benny should get the boot sometime down the line.

Agree about the chef. He's not guest-friendly but he got a big nod from the guests as they were leaving last week.

• Like 3