Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The mosquitoes here are huge. And for some reason they love me. Linda and I have talked about getting a screened in porch just for that reason. As nice as our patio is I don't think we will be using it this week. Temps are ridiculously  hot.

Are you doing anything special excursion wise in Roatan?

Not this time DH uses a mobilty scooter now so we just rode around a little in the port area bought some local rum and gifts for his daughter. It's just nice to be on a ship and not have to think about what to make for dinner!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Mee too, this is our fourth on her since restart, will miss her when she goes to Galveston 

Happy that a oasis class is coming to Texas , almost booked her for November but got a much better deal on celebrity beyond.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

If you are sick do you want to be near other people who are sick ? The idea is to get better .They are doing the best that they can to be apart within the house.

I don't think it matters since they are all sick with the same thing.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear this.    I guess there really isn't a need to isolate since 4 of them have it.   Hopefully they will be mild or no symptoms and be well soon. 

Gary’s wife is an MD and she believes that it is best for the kids and her husband to be in other parts of the house.

Thanks,Debbie

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ship is busy typical summer sailing not too many high status cruisers. It seems better staffed than our cruise in May. So far the only item missing because of supply chain issues is Aperol!!!! Bartender in Trellis bar substituted Campari with my permission not quite the same but drinkable. Mint is in plentiful supply for my dark rum mojito this time.

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Ship is busy typical summer sailing not too many high status cruisers. It seems better staffed than our cruise in May. So far the only item missing because of supply chain issues is Aperol!!!! Bartender in Trellis bar substituted Campari with my permission not quite the same but drinkable. Mint is in plentiful supply for my dark rum mojito this time.

That's not good. Aperol should be a staple in any bar. Must have for Aperol Spritz and Royal's Passion Spritz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

That's not good. Aperol should be a staple in any bar. Must have for Aperol Spritz and Royal's Passion Spritz.

Agreed, bar manager said he ordered it but none was supplied in Florida. He's hoping for some for the next cruise. The good news is they no longer seem to rationing cherries in the Rum Old-fashioned!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Gary’s wife is an MD and she believes that it is best for the kids and her husband to be in other parts of the house.

Thanks,Debbie

Maybe she just doesn't want to deal with sick hubby and kids while she is sick.  LOL  Hopefully, everyone will recover quickly and not have severe symptoms.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Great news!    I had my meeting for job offer and accepted the new job.   I believe I will really enjoy the new position and I met several other employees and they all seem like great people that I will enjoy working with.    It is about a 20 minute mid afternoon drive - probably no more than 30 minutes during rush hour.   Best part is nice salary increase along with a signing bonus.     

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Tex Mex Chicken and Zucchini

https://ifoodreal.com/chicken-and-zucchini/?fbclid=IwAR0PfK7FBApZO2MODW6jtJs1PwxvPySYxwPCgWa-GDD_0o88slWNhOsiW9g

I made like a Double Batch. Love the leftovers too.

20220719_162524.jpg

Zucchini, Peppers from the Garden this year, corn frozen from last year.

20220719_162656.jpg

20220719_163246.jpg

20220719_163654.jpg

20220719_164542.jpg

Melt the Colby Jack Cheese on top.

20220719_165745.jpg

Green Onions and Cilantro added at the end

20220719_165844.jpg

Needless to say it went over pretty well with my Wife and I.

20220719_171619.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 16

My dad is 84. He asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  He insists on buying us something. To make it easy for him I said, I would love a box of chocolates from Coles (supermarket).  He goes twice a week.  Last night I opened my gift. Two storage containers of chocolates. Omg. F74835DC-2556-4804-8E47-08C9FABFEC54.thumb.jpeg.b31bfd183c3861441a12dd48054aee55.jpeg He said he spent $100 on wine for my brother’s birthday last month and it is only fair that he spent the same amount on me…….

(84 and still making sure his children are treated exactly the same)

• Like 31
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    I had my meeting for job offer and accepted the new job.   I believe I will really enjoy the new position and I met several other employees and they all seem like great people that I will enjoy working with.    It is about a 20 minute mid afternoon drive - probably no more than 30 minutes during rush hour.   Best part is nice salary increase along with a signing bonus.     

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like Banker's Hours.........Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations on the new job!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear all went well.  I am sure you will fit in and enjoy.  When will you start?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations, companies are now having to pay lots more to the workers , to get and retain them. I almost wish I was still in the work force , well not really 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sea Viewer said:

Agreed, bar manager said he ordered it but none was supplied in Florida. He's hoping for some for the next cruise. The good news is they no longer seem to rationing cherries in the Rum Old-fashioned!

I sure everything gets better by the time I cruise on Symphony in September. With the DDP I will be not happy if they can't make some of my favorite cocktails. We are paying a pretty good amount of money to have those drinks. Stock up Royal.

49 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I knew you would make the right decision in your heart.

47 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Looks wonderful. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to make this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

MIDDLE FINGER FROM GORILLA' Poster by Bahrom Musurmanov | Displate

This happens several times a day in the UK.

Taking your hand off the steering wheel even to wave a thanks if someone gives way to you can be classed as careless driving although I rarely see a police car on our roads nowadays to enforce this.

• Like 6