Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    I had my meeting for job offer and accepted the new job.   I believe I will really enjoy the new position and I met several other employees and they all seem like great people that I will enjoy working with.    It is about a 20 minute mid afternoon drive - probably no more than 30 minutes during rush hour.   Best part is nice salary increase along with a signing bonus.     

Excellent news Debbie.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    I had my meeting for job offer and accepted the new job.   I believe I will really enjoy the new position and I met several other employees and they all seem like great people that I will enjoy working with.    It is about a 20 minute mid afternoon drive - probably no more than 30 minutes during rush hour.   Best part is nice salary increase along with a signing bonus.     

Fantastic!!  

You will get hourly CC breaks to post,  right? 😇

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Congratulations 🥂🎉

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

My DH and I decided that at least one evening a week we will sit on the deck or out in the yard by the fire pit and just relax and share uniterupted time. 

He gets out the fogger and sprays chemical warfare on our nuisance mosquitoes. 

Then he will light the citronella candles. Once he is done I appear and we sit and talk for hours. 

Well. Knowing I am super sensitive to bug bites I also apply Avons bug detergent. 

Well,  overkill did not work. Cortisone cream dose.  Damn they were itchy and painful. 

This week. Long pants. Spray. Laying blanket down. Citronella bonfire. Hazmat suite. 

67AA4418-2764-4F97-8A12-E3D193C5B3A3.jpeg

How nice to share that quality time. Have you tried Lavender bug spray? I use the Pelindaba brand and it seems to work.

• Like 2

Congratulations,Debbie.I hope you will love your new job and work there as long as you desire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Happy to hear all went well.  I am sure you will fit in and enjoy.  When will you start?

Thank you.    Probably start first week of August.    Tomorrow I will go my office and let my boss know I will be leaving and figure out the time lime.    I am thinking he will want me to stay on to finish out home closings for month end.   

I am excited to try something new as I really am getting bored with being a Mortgage Underwriter.   

The new job I will be overseeing the sales contract administrator and accounting dept.    

• Like 9

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My dad is 84. He asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  He insists on buying us something. To make it easy for him I said, I would love a box of chocolates from Coles (supermarket).  He goes twice a week.  Last night I opened my gift. Two storage containers of chocolates. Omg. F74835DC-2556-4804-8E47-08C9FABFEC54.thumb.jpeg.b31bfd183c3861441a12dd48054aee55.jpeg He said he spent $100 on wine for my brother’s birthday last month and it is only fair that he spent the same amount on me…….

(84 and still making sure his children are treated exactly the same)

That is wonderful.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have a Sensi controller upstairs.   It was saying tye humidity was 73% upstairs so I went to HD and bought a dehumidifier.   It has been running for 20 minutes and it is now saying the humidity is 63%. 😊 I set it on max rather than setting it on a particular humidity % so I can see how far down it will go.

We have that too.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations, companies are now having to pay lots more to the workers , to get and retain them. I almost wish I was still in the work force , well not really 😁😁

Thank you.     I wasn't even looking for a new job   It's like he knew I was bored with current job.    I was pleasantly surprised when he mentioned salary range on the phone on Saturday and very happy when we discussed in detail today.     😃

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have a Sensi controller upstairs.   It was saying tye humidity was 73% upstairs so I went to HD and bought a dehumidifier.   It has been running for 20 minutes and it is now saying the humidity is 63%. 😊 I set it on max rather than setting it on a particular humidity % so I can see how far down it will go.

I usually set mine at 50%    Sometimes I let it go down and I think the lowest I had it was around 40 but it wasn't middle of summer with high humidity outdoors.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.     I wasn't even looking for a new job   It's like he knew I was bored with current job.    I was pleasantly surprised when he mentioned salary range on the phone on Saturday and very happy when we discussed in detail today.     😃

Congratulations on your great news. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes!  I should have known.  I follow a Canadian photographer/videographer on YouTube named Peter McKinnon.  He did a great 23-minute short video on getting his "bucket shot"...a picture of Moraine Lake with snow in the mountains but the lake itself not yet frozen.  There's only a couple of week window in the fall when that can be done.  It's a nice video because it talks about the journey to get a great photo, not just the photo itself.  It's also a good reminder that we should act when given an opportunity.  I'm trying to do more of that...say yes when someone asks me to do something with them rather than find a reason to say no.  Experiences rather than possessions.  Here's the Morain Lake Bucket Shot.  One of Peter's Moraine Lake pictures also got put on a $30 Canadian silver coin.  Quite an honor.

That photo is amazing and it is a spectacular spot. I have climbed that large rock outcrop, to sit and take in that view. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There are several strains of Covid .Just because they all tested positive does it mean that it is the same strain ? 

You really think four people living in the same house have different strains? 

I'll leave it at that as I'm not in the mood to go around in circles over this. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My dad is 84. He asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  He insists on buying us something. To make it easy for him I said, I would love a box of chocolates from Coles (supermarket).  He goes twice a week.  Last night I opened my gift. Two storage containers of chocolates. Omg. F74835DC-2556-4804-8E47-08C9FABFEC54.thumb.jpeg.b31bfd183c3861441a12dd48054aee55.jpeg He said he spent $100 on wine for my brother’s birthday last month and it is only fair that he spent the same amount on me…….

(84 and still making sure his children are treated exactly the same)

Happy birthday! I got a Darrell Lea Easter egg when I was and exchange student in Australia. I couldn't tell you what kind it was but I remember it being amazing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You really think four people living in the same house have different strains? 

I'll leave it at that as I'm not in the mood to go around in circles over this. 

I am just inquiring based on your expertise.Hypothetically each person could have developed Covid from different sources ,is that not correct ?

My nephew works in an office,his wife in a hospital,his children both work in camps .

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Take care Bonnie.

Good luck at your surgeon appointment and sending you our prayers for your recovery and for you to be pain free.

Graham.

Wonderful news at my surgeon appointment.  Ankle is totally healed and I can now put full pressure on both feet but I have to be mindful of my comfort zone.  She said, looking at the x-rays, that she can't even tell where the ankle was broken.  I don't need OT anymore but do need out-patient PT for another few weeks.  I've been off my operated ankle for 7 weeks now so it will take time to get used to walking with both legs again.  She said my pain is to be expected.

On a not so happy note, I have to add my daughter and son in law on the latest covid list.  She had a cold a few days ago and tested negative but lo and behold,, today they both tested positive.  I can only hope the kids 9 and 14 yrs old won't get it.   They're due to come here Aug. 20.  Is one month enough to test negative?

Wonderful and exciting!  Sounds perfect.  Good luck!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This happens several times a day in the UK.

Taking your hand off the steering wheel even to wave a thanks if someone gives way to you can be classed as careless driving although I rarely see a police car on our roads nowadays to enforce this.

It's no wonder you folks lost the war. You all have too many rules... and you follow them.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am just inquiring based on your expertise.Hypothetically each person could have developed Covid from different sources ,is that not correct ?

My nephew works in an office,his wife in a hospital,his children both work in camps .

My daughter and son in law work in two different places but I am of the mind that they caught covid from each other.  One never really knows.  They are not isolating.

• Like 7