Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We wouldn’t cruise if masks were required. 

I won't cruise without one - especially not after getting covid while masked essentially all the time. We had several different ones and rotated each day. Didn't seem to matter. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Curious as to why? Given a choice between masking and not cruising at all, I'm fine with the mask. The crew is masked at all times. 

I understood mask wearing by crew was now optional,  or at least dependent on the ruling by the Captain?

I understood the recent Mariner sailing reverted to crew mask wearing as mandated by the Captain after a crew outbreak?

We have sailed Adventure several times this year and have several more booked.

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Then you must really hate it when it's cold and have to (or should?) wear a scarf over your nose and mouth! 

I live in Florida.  Never gets that cold.  Even when I have lived in a cold climate I never put a scarf over my nose.  As a child when I would hide under the covers I made sure my nose was not covered.  

Edited by Keksie
Added content
  • Like 6

Once we're through all our rebooked / rescheduled trips we really want to think about what we want to do in the way of travel going forward. Probably not too much international travel anymore. I had moments on the Adventure where I'm starting to feel that I'm getting 'cruised out'. 

8 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I won't cruise without one - especially not after getting covid while masked essentially all the time. We had several different ones and rotated each day. Didn't seem to matter. 

Perhaps your mask didn’t work then!

• Like 1

Just now, OnTheJourney said:

Knew that was coming. Well, please avoid a cruise to either the far north or far south. You'd hate having to bundle your face up in multiple layers. Here in PA we live with it every winter! 

We have been to Alaska.  It was cold when we were cruising to the glacier!  I have a hat and a cowl (which does not cover my nose) that I wear.  

• Like 1

Moving right along.  Annabel has learned to use the cat door.  It leads to a pen with a solid wooden cat tree.  Unfortunately, she has only learned the out part and has not figured out the in part.  I spent a lot of time today sticking my hand thru the door to try to show her how it works.  We are both tired now.  LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

11 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I'm done with her. Too big for us. Radiance class is as large as I want to go. 

We have future sailings booked on Radiance and Vision but have enjoyed several on Adventure and several future cruises booked.

I am sorry you tested positive but when you are in an enclosed area anywhere there is risk.

49 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

What does that tell you?

• Like 5