Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

He is back 😊 !  After 4 weeks of ill health, DH is again in his natural habitat - the kitchen 😉

Prepping the ingredients for the ramen (hand made noodles, forgot the eggs....)

image.thumb.jpeg.1182f2ac3fe99796b9e423d5fb8ee5e9.jpeg

and the end result, oh, so tasty.

image.thumb.jpeg.e8e0e926676fdeb0a5727390befa096a.jpeg

I'm SO glad he's doing better and back to cooking delicious food!

• Thanks 1

Today was a long day.  I was trying to get my plants in before the rain rolls in.  Thankfully Kenzie’s family pitched in along with Sharon. Besides being able to get everything planted, we got mulch laid between the beds.  Let's hope the rain is not too bad.  Some friends brought us dinner tonight and said they heard a hailstorm was supposed to come.  😲 

20230415_161855.thumb.jpg.5543dadad0a7d7d0ad2e9f72f90d1758.jpg

• Like 23

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If it's hard to understand this young southern girl she is saying, 

Hi Dani and friends! Have a great day!

Oh John, you're killing me!!!!!!   Such a sweet baby voice to go with her beautiful baby face and dimples!!!  

We all love her so much.  Thank you for sharing your grandchildren with us.  🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

EE241EA8-41B4-4239-B412-5BBCE08ACAE7.jpeg.50b038982d99d40ae516d5aea2d0db03.jpeg

My Wife and I will drink to that.... Stopped after dinner at a Winery on the way home.

Bang Baha Shrimp Tacos for Dinner, with a stop for Wine after is always good way to end a beautiful day in Virginia. 70 degrees and Sunny.

Resized_20230415_141025.jpeg

20230415_165629.jpg

Resized_20230415_165821.jpeg

20230415_170059.jpg

20230415_165633.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 16

Of course my husband is at a tractor show when the rain turned into a crazy storm.  He will not be happy when he sees all the clean up we need to do tomorrow.  At least the arch (which is the centerpiece of the wedding) only blew over and was not crushed under the tree.  

Resized_20230415_160638.thumb.jpeg.af11bf02e1ca9c306e7e38ab70247b0a.jpeg

• Like 19

57 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Awww! My cats are broken. Neither one of them is interested in catnip, which is disappointing.

Oddly, Marcel used to roll in it and get frisky.  Now he just eats it and lays down.  He has mellowed considerably in his old age.  But he still loves his routines!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Of course my husband is at a tractor show when the rain turned into a crazy storm.  He will not be happy when he sees all the clean up we need to do tomorrow.  At least the arch (which is the centerpiece of the wedding) only blew over and was not crushed under the tree.  

Resized_20230415_160638.thumb.jpeg.af11bf02e1ca9c306e7e38ab70247b0a.jpeg

Wow, looks like that was a strong storm.  I say that while listening to the thunder rolling closer.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wow, looks like that was a strong storm.  I say that while listening to the thunder rolling closer.  

It was strange.  It started as just rain and then the wind started but just in the back of the house.  The front yard just has a few branches down.  I wasn't even this scared during hurricane Sally.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight.  Ribeyes, medium rare, with hassle back potatoes.

IMG_9087.thumb.jpeg.982dd654b49361d52c3294da603cc0d6.jpeg

Your hassle back potato looks interesting!  How was it cooked?  On the grill with the ribeye?  I love potatoes any way they are made.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It was strange.  It started as just rain and then the wind started but just in the back of the house.  The front yard just has a few branches down.  I wasn't even this scared during hurricane Sally.

Funny.  We were out on the back deck just a moment ago.  As I started reading this a steady strong wind started blowing.   Then a downpour.   The wind has eased but still raining which is good because the garden needs watered.   Radar shows that @Seadog I Greg should be getting this too.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, derorim said:

How do you make the potatoes?

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Your hassle back potato looks interesting!  How was it cooked?  On the grill with the ribeye?  I love potatoes any way they are made.

Here is Lisa’s recipe card for it. She thoroughly bathes them in the melted garlic butter during the cooking process.  I dip them in sour cream, but I’m the only one who does that.  

image.thumb.jpg.6a79afcd20081d34727eeb10b6feb331.jpg

She places the potato on 2 wooden spoon handles while slicing them thinly, so you don’t cut through them. Call it a kitchen hack. She does use a cutting board, this is just my static display. 

image.thumb.jpg.51ae2f81f71b4661e0cc8fc5610747d8.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here is Lisa’s recipe card for it. She thoroughly bathes them in the melted garlic butter during the cooking process.  I dip them in sour cream, but I’m the only one who does that.  

image.thumb.jpg.6a79afcd20081d34727eeb10b6feb331.jpg

She places the potato on 2 wooden spoon handles while slicing them thinly, so you don’t cut through them. Call it a kitchen hack. She does use a cutting board, this is just my static display. 

image.thumb.jpg.51ae2f81f71b4661e0cc8fc5610747d8.jpg

Very clever!  They look delicious I would also dip in sour cream.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

He just does it for fun. Sometimes at least one will be hard to find. 
Sometimes the cartoon itself is funny. 
It’s a little diversion while you’re noodling around on the internet. 

Interesting thing I learned from this Bizarro discussion 😀 Since 2005, he puts the number of hidden symbols as a little numeral over his signature. ☺️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight.  Ribeyes, medium rare, with hassle back potatoes.

IMG_9087.thumb.jpeg.982dd654b49361d52c3294da603cc0d6.jpeg

I LOVE the green peas! Growing up if there was mashed potatoes, there were green peas right beside them! Have never seen hassle back potatoes? But they look good!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Interesting thing I learned from this Bizarro discussion 😀 Since 2005, he puts the number of hidden symbols as a little numeral over his signature. ☺️

Yes, and sometimes that leads to 10 minutes of trying to find the last one. K2 is his really sneaky one. 

• Haha 1