Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm going to post this as I do not want any sympathy but to express how life is so precious and short. Today I learned that I lost one of my best friends, drummer extraordinaire. Alonzo Jr Powell, or as we always called him "Scooter" He was my best friend as we were both drummers . He had a very successful career playing on tour with jazz guitarist Norman Brown and many others. Not only was he an incredible drummer but was one of the kindest most genuine human beings around. Here is a video of him playing with Norman Brown on a tune called "Third World." The video does not show the true talent that he was. We lost a gift tonight and my heart is broken but he will never be forgotten.

Alonzo Jr Powell.  Rest in Peace my brother.

You didn’t ask for sympathy, but you get it, anyway. Losing a friend laves a hole in your heart and in your life. 
Condolences to everyone who loved Mr Powell. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

9 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog  I am so sorry for your loss.  Such a talent, and gone way too young!   Thank you for the reminder.

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I am so sorry for your loss at Scooter's passing.  I hope in time fond memories will sustain you and heal your broken heart.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Condolences for the sad loss of your best friend.

Indeed life is so short and we should all try and enjoy every day 

Graham.

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry for the loss of your friend. May he Rest In Peace.

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You didn’t ask for sympathy, but you get it, anyway. Losing a friend leaves a hole in your heart and in your life. 
Condolences to everyone who loved Mr Powell. 

+1 all of the above 😢

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Stopping at Liverpool and Belfast on Celebrity Silhouette .

Will you be allowed on your own? We had a wonderful guide for Belfast and the Giant Causeway.

And we were booked on a Beatles tour in Liverpool with a company which was a pleasure to deal with, but Covid "got in the way...".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You are sincerely such as a nice couple.    I hope to meet you both in person someday on a cruise!   Maybe the bella cruise.     Enjoy your Sunday

Thank you so much.

We are booked for Bella's cruise and it will be a pleasure to meet yourself and our other Friends of Bell.

Paulines birthday is March 13th so it will be her 61st birthday during Bella's cruise in 2023.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm going to post this as I do not want any sympathy but to express how life is so precious and short. Today I learned that I lost one of my best friends, drummer extraordinaire. Alonzo Jr Powell, or as we always called him "Scooter" He was my best friend as we were both drummers . He had a very successful career playing on tour with jazz guitarist Norman Brown and many others. Not only was he an incredible drummer but was one of the kindest most genuine human beings around. Here is a video of him playing with Norman Brown on a tune called "Third World." The video does not show the true talent that he was. We lost a gift tonight and my heart is broken but he will never be forgotten.

So sorry to hear of the loss of this special person to many.   Prayers for all his family and friends through this difficult time.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

We spent Christmas week 2018 at WDW but they were still progress of building Star wars land so we were able to only experience Toy Story land at HS back then as was new in 2018. Love the Slingy Dig coaster.

Before 2016 WDW had the Streets of America section in Hollywood Studios. During Christmas they displayed Christmas lights that danced to music and had "snow" falling from the sky.  The lights began when the Osborne family, from Arkansas, agreed to donate their display to Disney. Initially called The Osborne Family Festival of Lights, the display debuted at MGM Studios ( now HS) for the 1995 holiday season.  Each year more was added and it grew to over 5 million lights displayed.  2015 was the last year of the display.  This area is the land that eventually became Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

11 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

I can attest to the fact that the slots are gone within 10 seconds. I was locked out at 7:00:10 yesterday. Crazy competition. Had to get one while at the park at 12 noon.

This is crazy isn’t it.  When we are there with family and friends we all get on are phones and go for it.  We also learned to only have those in your party at WDW linked at the time.  We sometimes have some linked that are not with us so they can enjoy pics taken at WDW.

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our house is on 23rd street in spray beach.

I was able to get on google maps and click street view.  I started at Spray Beach Yacht Club and went down 23 st to where you can walk out to the beach near Spray Beach hotel.  Looks like a great place to visit.  It wouldn’t let me view the beach so thanks for posting the pics.

Btw, this is my second attempt at posting this.  When I hit submit it deleted it.  This time I am typing this in "notes" then pasting so if it deletes again I won’t lose it.

• Like 1