Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Biker19 said:

You forgot the "donation" jar.

Yeah,my sister said I should have put out like a tip jar....To late to start that now. I think it would look silly/cheap on my part now.  Maybe  do that next year from the start.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure what to do with all the tomatoes though....I put them outfront for the neighbors for free. But I think they are getting sick of them....Been so hot outside here the tomatoes are baking out on the table.

Received a nice note from someone yesterday.

20210824_104631.jpg

20210824_105825.jpg

20210824_105844.jpg

20210824_110839.jpg

Laura has been making a lot of salsa

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I did some corn yesterday for freezing also................Got 24 cups of kernels, 12- 2 cup bags. We froze some full ears 2 days prior.

20210824_122541.jpg

20210824_122806.jpg

20210824_133317.jpg

Always amazed how much corn is on one ear 

I would never spoon up that much as a serving

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura has been making a lot of salsa

Care to share how to make it? Recipe? We have never made that before? Guess I would need to find some kind of canning jars.

Edited by Jimbo

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Always amazed how much corn is on one ear 

I would never spoon up that much as a serving

Yeah, Probably should have put in a little less then I did, but to late  now. It won't go to waste though. We will eat it all. Will taste real good In December 😁

Going to grate some today for corn fritters, Probably the last day for picking, Had 2 rows about 45 ft long, Picked about 18 dozen  in all so far. Maybe another 2 or 3 dozen today.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Do you think you might build? It sounds like you have specific preferences, like a large and clean kitchen!

Thought about it, but Bucky does not want to take that on.  Would want to be here from start to finish of building.  That would put us into winter on the front or backend, and with all the supply problems every company is dealing with on materials.  Uggh...would take 2 years or more!!.  😉 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our daughter Melanie lived in Indialantic around 20 years ago.  Her dining room window got blown out, and they were without power for around 2 weeks also.  Luckily, she, her DH and little dog Penny were able to stay at our Condo in Naples.  When they got hit the second time, I talked her into coming back to NY.  She was the "Morning Girl" at the Radio station WCEE 93.1, which was a brand new station.  She loved it and had many followers!  Once she got back home, she applied for a job at the Fox News Radio and was hired right away. Fox was a great company to work for.

Nice job Momma!  Your raised a smart and savy girl!!  Congrats!  🙂 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am a mortgage underwriter and can tell you we have definitely seen a slow down in the last 2 weeks in many states.     Prices are still high and inventory is still low but like you said some realtors over priced their listings and they are now having to reduce to get more inline with where they should be at.    And a lot of sales have had appraisal issues.   

Just finished up a loan approval for a home that went to contract for $85,000 higher than list price but it only appraised for $15K higher than list price.    So now the buyers either have to come up with $70K out of pocket or terminate the contract and lose their $10K earnest deposit.    I would never recommend anyone buy a home that doesn't appraise for the purchase price but lots of people have been doing that in the last year, especially cash buyers that don't bother getting an appraisal done. 

That is what I kind of figured as well.  You and other mortgage lenders have learned hard lessons from the fiasco of 2005 bubble burst in real estate.  I was assuming the same thing.  Just because someone is willing to pay way over list price...is it worth it?  😮 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

I considered where I grew up and lived until I was 18 years old upstate. 4 hours Northwest of NYC. If anyone asked where I was from I'd would always start out by saying, New York state. 

Bucky's ex lives in Corning.  Beware that area of low flying brooms.  😄  We avoid at all costs.  😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I saw Zac Brown Band there around 6 or 8 years ago. Great acoustics, not a bad seat in the house. Concession stands were food trucks parked outside but they had every imaginable  cruisine & craft brew under the sun. Highly recommend. We'd said we'd go back some day but never did. 

Toes in the sand....love that song!!  😉  Have the CD with us.  🙂 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Has anyone ever tired the wow band?  Seems like it might be a nice option so you don’t have to keep up with a card.

Yes, when we have been in a Jr Suite they have given us them.  They are flimsy, but work well for opening the door to the cabin when you have your hands full with coffee and snacks for the DW from the Diamond lounge in the morning.  Other than that, I never used it.  

• Like 2