Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I was just looking at the app ....... the Score , dark blue background, giant white S underscored in yellow and the favorite tonight is Purdue over St. Peter’s.  I don’t understand the betting line however they do analyze the game if you click on it.   I couldn’t watch Duke last night . So why don’t you like coach K ?   I used to like Joe Paterno and even went to the Rose Bowl to watch Penn State play . We had great seats courtesy of an alumnus .  We all know what happened to JoePa. 

Several years ago when I was healthy and working out at a gym a guy walked in wearing a University of North Carolina basketball tee shirt.He

was in his 50’s.I asked if he played on the team or if a family member did.

He replied that he wanted his son to go to Duke and hopefully play basketball there.However,his son knew many guys who played for the team and said that Coach K treats his star players very differently from the other players on the team and that Roy Williams,then Coach of  UNC treated everyone equally.

On 3/20/2022 at 10:35 AM, h20skibum said:

I wish you the best of luck with the RFA.  That is the procedure my son had about a month ago.  I am not sure if it is normal for the doctor to only do one side at a time, but that is the way he is doing it.

He does still have some pain, so he is reserving judgement on how effective it is, until they do the other side.  He goes in for a review at the end of the month, and the other side will be scheduled in April. 

We are all hoping for a good outcome after that is done.

I really hope your son gets some pain relief, I have read it can take a couple of weeks to kick in. I have Read that it’s affective for about 80% of the people. Normally they have relief for about 4 to 6 months but there’s been a few people that had it longer. The Mayo Clinic on line is a great source of reference and my back doctor agrees with me.

I’m hoping the nerve block works because if it doesn’t then my pain is coming from somewhere else.

Because I have Fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis they also can cause back and wide spread pain.

Stay healthy and active everybody 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Several years ago when I was healthy and working out at a gym a guy walked in wearing a University of North Carolina basketball tee shirt.He

was in his 50’s.I asked if he played on the team or if a family member did.

He replied that he wanted his son to go to Duke and hopefully play basketball there.However,his son knew many guys who played for the team and said that Coach K treats his star players very differently from the other players on the team and that Roy Williams,then Coach of  UNC treated everyone equally.

You have remarkable recall.   How are you feeling ? 

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

You have remarkable recall.   How are you feeling ? 

My short term memory is lousy .My long term is great.

I am in constant pain.Later today I am going to a doctor who two years ago told me there is nothing more that he can do for me.He has tried everything in the past to help me.I am basically just going to talk to him to ask his opinion on some things .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am in constant pain.Later today I am going to a doctor who two years ago told me there is nothing more that he can do for me.He has tried everything in the past to help me.I am basically just going to talk to him to ask his opinion on some things .

Have you seen a Dr in a pain clinic yet? They are board certified Anesthesiologists, who usually can diagnose health issues regular Dr can’t. I wish you good luck

26 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I really hope your son gets some pain relief, I have read it can take a couple of weeks to kick in.

His was a month ago, last Wednesday.  He has a follow up with his doctor today, to review and to schedule the other side.  Hoping it gets scheduled soon.

• Like 1

Just now, h20skibum said:

His was a month ago, last Wednesday.  He has a follow up with his doctor today, to review and to schedule the other side.  Hoping it gets scheduled soon.

I hope he finds some relief soon, he sounds too young to be dealing with Chronic pain.

I will keep him in my thoughts .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I’m so sorry you’re always in pain. 
I hope talking to us takes your mind off it a little. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I’m so sorry !  Don’t give up and maybe like someone suggested you can get some relief at a pain clinic .  

On a lighter topic North Carolina is playing UCLA , tonight.  We have some history at UCLA . My husband spent 3 years in a lab there.  One day his mentor called him into his office and asked him what do you think of this idea ? My husband replied great . The project earned his mentor the Nobel prize in chemistry.  

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

My Neurosurgeon discharged me in 2017 telling me there is nothing more that can be done for me.I had Spine Surgery which did not work.I have had consultations with more than a dozen surgeons to date who told me the same.I went to a Pain Management doctor and between 2017 and 2021 I had 9 epidurals as well as a trial for a pain stimulator implant.Nothing worked.My doctor who I am seeing later today is the Pain Management doctor who told me two years ago that the RFA would not help me.I also had Acupuncture.

All the discs in my back and neck are herniated.I have Spinal Stenosis and Sciatica.

Aside from those issues I also have Parkinson’s,Sleep Apnea,Ulcerative Colitis,Raynauds Syndrome,Venous Insufficiency,Fuchs Dystrophy,frequent real skin cancer ,post traumatic vertigo,Early Dementia,Occular Migraines,Hypertention and a hole in my right retina.Plus frequent Depression from dealing with all of the above.I last crossed a street without help in 2016.I am dependent 100% on my family and along with all of this still struggling from the loss of my two closest friends in 2020.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’m so sorry !  Don’t give up and maybe like someone suggested you can get some relief at a pain clinic .  

On a lighter topic North Carolina is playing UCLA , tonight.  We have some history at UCLA . My husband spent 3 years in a lab there.  One day his mentor called him into his office and asked him what do you think of this idea ? My husband replied great . The project earned his mentor the Nobel prize in chemistry.  

That is wonderful.A good friend of mine who was a Nuclear Physicist spent some time at UCLA.

A guy who I knew quite well played basketball for UNC in the 60’s.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

My Neurosurgeon discharged me in 2017 telling me there is nothing more that can be done for me.I had Spine Surgery which did not work.I have had consultations with more than a dozen surgeons to date who told me the same.I went to a Pain Management doctor and between 2017 and 2021 I had 9 epidurals as well as a trial for a pain stimulator implant.Nothing worked.My doctor who I am seeing later today is the Pain Management doctor who told me two years ago that the RFA would not help me.I also had Acupuncture.

All the discs in my back and neck are herniated.I have Spinal Stenosis and Sciatica.

Aside from those issues I also have Parkinson’s,Sleep Apnea,Ulcerative Colitis,Raynauds Syndrome,Venous Insufficiency,Fuchs Dystrophy,frequent real skin cancer ,post traumatic vertigo,Early Dementia,Occular Migraines,Hypertention and a hole in my right retina.Plus frequent Depression from dealing with all of the above.I last crossed a street without help in 2016.I am dependent 100% on my family and along with all of this still struggling from the loss of my two closest friends in 2020.

I'm so sorry to hear  you have all these medical issues Lenny as you are a good guy.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes that the pain management doctor can help you today.

Graham.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You certainly manage to keep living and being productive. I enjoy your comments and your interacting with everyone. 
I hope medicine has progressed enough to give you some relief. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The very first time I ate at Benihana's was back around 1968 when I lived in Fr. Lauderdale.  When I moved back to NYC, I brought my parents to Benihana's in Mid-town Manhattan.  My Dad was so cute;  he stood up and applauded the chef!  I will never forget that evening!!

That is a wonderful memory of your Dad.   🥰 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That.

And, on another note... I've been trying for several months, that is, from the moment Captain Kate was chosen to be at the helm of Beyond, to see if I'd luck out and she will be on board. Asked on her Instagram, TikTok several times -- no reply....

Yesterday I've tried again, seeing there were only 5 comments before me, and, surprise -- she replied that "yes, and thank you for sailing with me"...

How kind and nice of her! Then she proceeded to ask where I'm from, told me she visited Israel many years ago and is roaring to visit again, being a Christian is very important to her...

She gave me her cell number for the sailing.... and asked for mine. I gave her, of course.

We shall see....

That is so awesome. I hope you two will meet. She seems like a very approachable and down to earth person.

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I’m sorry Lenny that you have to deal with all that. I’m hopeful that with advances in medicine that some new remedy will help. I worry about my wife as she has some of the same back issues as you and is always in pain. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That.

And, on another note... I've been trying for several months, that is, from the moment Captain Kate was chosen to be at the helm of Beyond, to see if I'd luck out and she will be on board. Asked on her Instagram, TikTok several times -- no reply....

Yesterday I've tried again, seeing there were only 5 comments before me, and, surprise -- she replied that "yes, and thank you for sailing with me"...

How kind and nice of her! Then she proceeded to ask where I'm from, told me she visited Israel many years ago and is roaring to visit again, being a Christian is very important to her...

She gave me her cell number for the sailing.... and asked for mine. I gave her, of course.

We shall see....

That's really nice she responded and not just a generic response either.     She seems like such a kind and loving person.    I hope you get to meet her and her cat!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Oh  Dani, you might get invited to dine with the captain! 

Captain Kate doesn't "do" this... I read an interview with her, where she mentioned that she doesn't "do" it since it means she will only met 2-4 persons during at least 2 hours diner, whereas if she is doing "rounds" in the MDR, she gets to see and mingle with many more, not necessarily those picked by the PRs....

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That is so awesome. I hope you two will meet. She seems like a very approachable and down to earth person.

I hope so too, but keeping my "expectations" on the very low burner... For me, it's enough that she will be on command, since she's leading to a very joyful atmosphere in the crew, she's treating ALL of them very nicely, and this tends to reflect on their mood. [sorry, in Hebrew I'm sounding much better...].

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

This morning was our COVID test. I told Dick last night we needed to leave by a quarter to 9 because of two school zones. My appointment was 9:20 and his 9:35 at CVS. 
I got ready and went looking for him. He wasn’t here!

He walks 3 miles first thing every morning so that’s what he did. 
I called his cell phone and for once he answered it. I said we need to leave now. 
He asked why. For the COVID test!!!

But we’re leaving at 9:35. 
I said your test is at 9:35. Mine is 9:20. 
It’s now 8:50 and we were supposed to leave at 8:45 and you’re not here!

He said he was almost home. I got in the car and went looking for him. Drove all the way around the circle and caught up with him in our driveway!

We made it and drove around the parking lot looking for the kiosk the test confirmation said would be the testing site. Gave up..now we were late!

Dick went in and had a hard time finding an employee in the store. Walked back to the pharmacy and the pharmacist pointed him to a door. He came out and got me and we went to the door. 
I guess that’s the minute clinic. 
The nurse/CNA, don’t know, took our temperature and bp, scanned our drivers licenses and insurance cards and handed us the swabs. 
Twirl while she counted to 5 and then hold it against the inside of the nose while she counted to 10. She said maybe up to 2 hours for results. 
I had made an appointment at Walgreens as a back up. 
We decided to go in case CVS was slow. 
Walgreens didn’t look at anything. Just asked our names, handed us the swabs through the drive through window 

and told us to twirl them while we counted to 10. 
Same test, different experiences. 
Heard from CVS in about 45 minutes, Walgreens 10 minutes later. 

Oh yeah, we were both negative. 
Packing can now commence!

• Like 23

For anyone looking for something different to do in Nassau.     I highly recommend:

https://www.cliftonheritage.net/attractions/

We had scheduled the tour via email directly with them.     They picked us up at the British Colonial Hilton right on schedule at 10 am and we spent several wonderful hours enjoying this national park.    Toured the plantation, in depth discussions on the history of the island and in particular their area where slaves were houses.     Then off to a snorkeling tour that last about 1 hr.     beautiful underwriter statues, plane from one of the James Bond movies.     I didn't swim over to the boat from Jaws but Chris and Donna did.    Lots of beautiful fish too!     I did have the underwater camera and can upload photos when we get home.   Our work laptop does not allow us to connect any unauthorized USB's for me to transfer photos now. 

We were then served a caribbean lunch that was delicious - we all selected the fish (was a chicken option too) then wandered freely around the park and hung out on the beach for an hour or so.   

Their shuttle bus drove us back to cruise terminal entrance around 3 pm.       It was a Hot Sunny day with humidity around 85 and could really feel the heat in the town area as we walked around the neighborhood and then the straw market.

Very pushy sales people at straw market.   We were all getting tired and couldn't take their pushiness anymore so we went to a local store and the kids purchased the traditional souvenirs and we added some new shirts to our collection for TSOD.    The shop was actually better priced than straw market booths.     

Unsure why, assuming maybe covid related for entertainers, but they had announced they were cancelling We will rock you so we went to see the movie Respect last night at the 270 theater.     The movie was much better than we all expected.    

We then went to see the movie Old on the pool deck but we had the wrong night, which was fine with us as we were exhausted after the long day in the hot sun and lots of walking around the park/plantation, etc.  

We are now headed back up the coast to NJ and today is 68 F with partly cloudy skies (was very cloudy and foggy this morning).    

I hear a polar vortex is coming to PA this weekend so expect we may feel the cold on Saturday as we get closer.     

I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day!

We did receive in our cabin last night our health questionnaire and sign up instructions for our covid test for Saturday morning @ 8:30 am.        

this morning I did one of those free gov't covid tests just to see if I was okay to do my laundry.    I passed, Eric didn't want to take one.  

I did a bunch of hand washing of personal items, bathing suits, etc. in the cabin this morning and sent out a bag of wash n fold to be done.    

@LuckynanaI hope your TA is able to print out your boarding passes for your upcoming Allure sailing. 

@DaniDanielle   How are you and Charlie doing?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear  you have all these medical issues Lenny as you are a good guy.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes that the pain management doctor can help you today.

Graham.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

You certainly manage to keep living and being productive. I enjoy your comments and your interacting with everyone. 
I hope medicine has progressed enough to give you some relief. 

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m sorry Lenny that you have to deal with all that. I’m hopeful that with advances in medicine that some new remedy will help. I worry about my wife as she has some of the same back issues as you and is always in pain. 

@lenquixote66

Lenny, + 4 😢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I can see why you are in so much pain. I hope this Dr appointment gives you some relief. Your in my thoughts.