Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Pat.

Fortunately it was a mild heart attack.

Anyone with serious health issues was in the priority groups already vaccinated.

I had Covid19 in November and was poorly and spent 3 weeks in bed at home so hopefully it has given me good immunity.

Graham, 2020 sounded like and was a rough for you health wise. Hopefully 2021 will be a lot better for you. Stay safe and healthy my DS friend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like South Carolina is on the ball.  When I called for our first shot I was on the phone for over an Hour and a half and got nowhere.  After forever on the website finally got us both appointments!  At least first shot is done.The second shot appointment was easier to make except for the longer wait between shots.

• Like 2

Just now, davekathy said:

Graham, 2020 sounded like and was a rough for you health wise. Hopefully 2021 will be a lot better for you. Stay safe and healthy my DS friend. 

Thanks Dave my DS friend.

I appreciate your best wishes and look forward to sharing a beer/wine with you,Kathy,Pat and Bucky and Pauline too.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ATG said:

We just got back home from getting our first shot.  We live in rural South Carolina and our county has no health clinic, so the state DHEC has outreach clinics.  Ours was in a Baptist church.  
DHEC dropped the age eligibility to 65 last Wednesday evening and I called for an appointment Thursday morning.  It took about 35 minutes to get through, and our appointment was for 1:30 today.  
We got there at 1:13, filled out the paperwork and got registered.  We had to show a SC drivers license but no insurance info.  Waited about 15 minutes and the nurse gave us the shot.  Got our appointment for 4 weeks from today at the same time and place.

Waited 15 minutes and left.  In car at 2:12.  Wow!!!  I feel a great sense of relief.  

That was how ours went as well, but through county health department, and drive through operation.  One came to my drivers side window, the other to passenger side where Bucky was.  I had my paperwork already filled out online and printed out for them.  All went easy peasy.  

Second shot is Thursday at same time.  Hopefully actually will HAVE the vaccine available when we get there.  😮 

• Like 3

We have a bunch of March birthdays.  Our oldest daughter is the 8th, two grandchildren on the 22nd and 27th.  My mom and mom-in-law were the 13th and  8th.  Our son and daughter-in-law have an anniversary on the 12th and Charlie got his heart on the 11th, almost 18 years ago.  We celebrate quite a bit in March!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dave my DS friend.

I appreciate your best wishes and look forward to sharing a beer/wine with you,Kathy,Pat and Bucky and Pauline too.

Take care.

Graham.

Absolutely!!  A wonderful DS party to enjoy hopefully soon.  😉 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have a bunch of March birthdays.  Our oldest daughter is the 8th, two grandchildren on the 22nd and 27th.  My mom and mom-in-law were the 13th and  8th.  Our son and daughter-in-law have an anniversary on the 12th and Charlie got his heart on the 11th, almost 18 years ago.  We celebrate quite a bit in March!!!!

OK...what went on eight months ago?  😉  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sounds like South Carolina is on the ball.  When I called for our first shot I was on the phone for over an Hour and a half and got nowhere.  After forever on the website finally got us both appointments!  At least first shot is done.The second shot appointment was easier to make except for the longer wait between shots.

Good news Marrietta.👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

What a wonderful month March is for your family Marietta.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

That was how ours went as well, but through county health department, and drive through operation.  One came to my drivers side window, the other to passenger side where Bucky was.  I had my paperwork already filled out online and printed out for them.  All went easy peasy.  

Second shot is Thursday at same time.  Hopefully actually will HAVE the vaccine available when we get there.  😮 

Will keep 🤞for you both on Thursday.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, my BIL did not survive his stroke.  The family is devastated but is taking some solace that he is an organ donor and they have already found a match for his kidney in California.  They were able to see him in the hospital before he passed following strict rules.  Two people could visit for 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for another 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for an hour.  Not sure how they came up with that rule, but it let his immediate family and brother say their goodbyes.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I am sorry to read of your family’s loss. He will continue to live on in their hearts, as well as the people who will benefit from his organ donations. Virtual hugs to you and your family. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ATG said:

Waited 15 minutes and left.  In car at 2:12.  Wow!!!  I feel a great sense of relief.  

I will second that on what a sense of relief it was when we got our first shot.  They also did ours in a large church, so they could accommodate many.  Our second shot is scheduled for the end of next week.  I will feel even more relief 4 weeks after that one. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just found out Bella's sitters have had both their injections. 

They are both 70+, but say there's so much animosity for those that have had the shot, they aren't telling folks. 

What a strange world this has become

Pleased for Bella's sitters.

Are those jealous neighbours the ones who you mentioned when you came back from your Allure TA?

• Haha 1

As one who follows the science, I was excited last week when I saw our forecast for today.  Evidently the weatherman says it is a perfect day to make an igloo. 

23FFF8BE-269A-4B12-B78A-72DF20A9F38B.thumb.jpeg.7d23a60760c43fd2f390fdd36e4602da.jpeg

So............

93310F50-6B13-4915-8D0C-109146DFF56A.thumb.jpeg.f70d10113c30d32b41a2291d012daf15.jpeg

It started out ok, but got rather tall🤣

8A925339-5201-4808-B923-6B89CEA0B736.thumb.jpeg.3e3bd06ec4c1b53d614fc2c753358041.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1