Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Huh. I was taught 10 and 2 but my kids were taught 9 and 3. Never knew why that changed. No airbags when I learned to drive. 

No ABS for me let alone air bags, had to manually pump the brakes to stop the sliding skid on ice and snow.  The positive was no traction control, so one could donut in the lot with the easiest of effort. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

little drone footage from Honeymoon Beach today

That sure doesn’t look like the white snows of Texas. Just a little green eyed jelly monster here. 

Honeymoon Beach, St John’s USVI?

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

No ABS for me let alone air bags, had to manually pump the brakes to stop the sliding skid on ice and snow.  The positive was no traction control, so one could donut in the lot with the easiest of effort. 

You can turn it off😉

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oh, I know but just not the same. I even have rear differential lock and traction control on our F250 along with 4X4.  Just no fun in that level of safety.😉

Laura's pony car spins like crazy on asphalt if I put it in Track mode. Afraid to select Drag

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura's pony car spins like crazy on asphalt if I put it in Track mode. Afraid to select Drag

Does it slip into a nice dress?  Let’s be honest, there’s to many videos of Mustangs on YouTube hopping the curbs. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I called the realtor a couple hours ago, saying I had no power, couldnt get to email, text me if he hears anything.

Last I heard the owner who wants to buy it out from under me still insisting first right of refusal means whomever speaks up first gets to buy it. Hoa got a lawyer who contacted him twice saying that's not what the hoa docs say. He sued both the seller and the title company so my sale cant complete. They cant give me clear title. Stand off, but now hes actually sued both of them. I dont even have his contact, nothing I can do. Hope the seller doesnt cave just to get his money. We did sign a month extension.

I'm confused isnt owner and seller the same party?

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky drives me crazy when he does that.  I keep thinking my opener need a new battery.  

A couple months ago I had to replace battery to our opener.  Pretty easy to do yourself.  Our opener was installed about 7 yrs ago.  Surprised the battery lasted as long as it did.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our latest openers on the house garage have a back up battery built in. They give so many open and close cycles, and also have the pull handle for manual opening if the battery dies. Thankfully we have the back-up generator that runs the entire farm. 

Yes, my opener has that too.    Yes, house generators are a blessing.  We got one in 2012 right before superstorm sandy hit our area.  So happy we had as our area was without power for 3 or 4 weeks.  It has been used several times over the years.

8 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

It is official .... it has now been one year since we had a sit down meal at a restaurant. We have had a lot of take out but our last meal at a restaurant was Anthem out of Jersey and the ride home.

Omg you are well over due for a nice meal at a restaurant.  Hopefully this spring you will be able to enjoy one at an outdoor dining restaurant as vaccines become more available.

9 hours ago, island lady said:

He never carries his phone (leaves it in the house)...and may check it once every couple of days.  He does not even do internet, and hates his new Android phone (too complicated for him).   Tech savy...not in the least, and  doesn't care.  😉 

That is so like my DH.  I once bought him a smart phone - he gave it back to me and went back to his brick that just makes calls.  He does take it with him though because it is the number that his pals use when they call him for a beer - not that he has been able to go out since Christmas.  Our bars are probably going to open again on March 1st.  All these restrictions have been hard - but at least the infection rate has come down.     With the restrictions coming at the same time as the vaccines it is difficult to say which has been the most important factor, but the loss of life in the elderly population has slowed down.  

• Like 4