Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We survived Atlantic City.  We lost but got back some money on my favorite machine last night.  Our host took us to LaStrada for a really good meal!  
Debbie, I waved to you from the Parkway🥰

Happy to hear you survived AC and didn't leave there empty handed.

I thought that was you I saw while I was on a boat in the bay😘

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Haha 3

On 6/17/2024 at 5:20 PM, Sea Dog said:

IMG_4623.thumb.jpeg.1a2de1b3dc48e3e98f93fd7be57729b1.jpeg

Honored and excited that a cocktail I created was chosen to be in a competition. Matt Marble of Spike’s Breezeway YouTube channel which is about everything Tiki and Tiki cocktails is having a cocktail creation contest using his blend of rums with Ed Hamilton. Ed Hamilton is one of the premiere companies that blend rums for use in tiki cocktails. The Breezeway blend is a blend of light rums that makes for an incredible daiquiri. I submitted this recipe and on Tuesday night he going to make it live on YouTube with two other cocktails and judge a winner of the round. The winner will go against the other round winners and the overall winner will have their recipe printed on the back of the bottle. I think it’s a long shot for me to win but the fact that my recipe was chosen out of over 400 recipes to be judged is exciting. I present to you the “Sea Dog Breeze.”

IMG_4624.thumb.jpeg.4b92cfcbc20d304c5d026f2c0cc27881.jpeg

That’s great, congrats.

• Like 1

I have an iPhone question for you experts.  I just changed my Lock Screen picture.  Nothing more.  However, now, instead of the screen zeroing out to black with just the clock still visible after I’ve stopped using it…now the Lock Screen picture just fades…but is still there.  I assume this will run the battery down quicker.  I tried researching this…but the “fix” of changing the display options to “Off” means I wouldn’t have the clock…I like being able to glance at the phone and see the time.  Is there a way to get the Lock Screen to fade to black after use with the clock still on screen?

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Another scorcher out there today!!!!  It is so hot and humid.  I did eat my breakfast outside on the back deck that was shaded, but I wound up coming back inside right after and got into the AC.  I'm feeding my Koi 3 times a day instead of the 2 I always do.  They are voraciously hungry and get very active in this heat.  

Interesting about your koi.  I never knew heat impacted outdoor fish behaviour this way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I have an iPhone question for you experts.  I just changed my Lock Screen picture.  Nothing more.  However, now, instead of the screen zeroing out to black with just the clock still visible after I’ve stopped using it…now the Lock Screen picture just fades…but is still there.  I assume this will run the battery down quicker.  I tried researching this…but the “fix” of changing the display options to “Off” means I wouldn’t have the clock…I like being able to glance at the phone and see the time.  Is there a way to get the Lock Screen to fade to black after use with the clock still on screen?

Did you try turning “show wallpaper” off in your “always on display” setting?  It’s under settings>display & brightness.  That should keep the clock showing when your phone is locked with a black screen.

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Right there with you. A great movie. 

From me too. Hope you had a great birthday Debbie. 

Hope things are improving for you. 🤞

Hope you had a great birthday George. 

Sending you all the hugs you can handle.❤️

Thank you.  It must have passed Friday night because my symptoms have gone away.  I will find out for sure tomorrow at the Dr.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Easy fix... get a Samsung Android.😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

30 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Did you try turning “show wallpaper” off in your “always on display” setting?  It’s under settings>display & brightness.  That should keep the clock showing when your phone is locked with a black screen.

Yes!!  Thank you!!!  That did it!!!  I changed my Lock Screen picture…which had been an ocean view (depressing until I can walk again) to one of the girls.  Soothing.

IMG_5844.jpeg

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 17

On 6/21/2024 at 3:35 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Remember that big storm in our area at the end of May? All of the downed trees & branches are still piled up by the streets waiting to be picked up by the city. They say they have now completed 50% of the pickup, but it really doesn't seem like it. 

In the meantime, normal bulk trash pickup has been suspended indefinitely while they focus on storm debris. That means the usual junk people would leave by the curb is not getting picked up for an even longer time. The city has stressed that they will not pick up the branches if there is any bulk trash mixed in. 

So someone in our neighborhood, not wanting their own house to be junked up by their trash, dumped a loveseat and a wooden pallet in our storm debris pile this morning. It's too big to fit in our cars to take to the dump. Brian moved them away from the branches so at least the city won't skip it, but now our yard looks like a trash pile due to rude neighbors. There's nowhere else for us to put it. 

Cameras/videos? I would post on Nextdoor if you have them. Maybe someone will recognize them.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 6:19 PM, Keksie said:

Well some days are just not meant to go well.  For a few weeks I just haven't felt great but nothing that didn't go away.  This morning after my husband left for Georgia to go look at a Farmall High Crop made the same year he was born I started having pain on the lower left.  The kind of pain that can make a person cry.  Called my Dr.  No appointments available so suggested I go to urgent care.  I was pretty sure that it was more then urgent care could handle.

Drove myself to the ER.  They are so nice there.   No waiting and everyone was so nice even if it did take 3 tries to start the IV line.  Tramadol on board and I felt all better and after the CT scan that verified a kidney stone I was sent home with a referral to a urologist.  Several meds were sent to the pharmacy.  Or maybe not.

Half way home they call to say one of the prescriptions glitched so I needed to come back and get a written one to take to the pharmacy.  Back I go, get the prescription, drop it off and go home.  Call the urologist and have an appointment Monday.  The pharmacy texts the prescription is ready.  I  call and they didn't get the other prescriptions so back I go to the ER to get written ones.  Then to the pharmacy.  I begged and they filled them while I was there.

So that was my day.  Sigh.

Hope you feel better. Never had kidney stones, but they must be very painful from what people have said.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Hope you feel better. Never had kidney stones, but they must be very painful from what people have said.

I do feel better.  I think it passed.  It takes a lot to make me cry but this did.  I never had one before and hopefully this is a one and done.

• Like 9

On 6/20/2024 at 8:43 PM, firefly333 said:

…Trying bleach on that ink pen stain on a nice white fluffy towel.…

I’ve never tried bleach since the ink was on something what couldn’t be bleached. To get out ink stains use rubbing alcohol or hairspray. Put some on and keep dabbing with paper towel until the ink comes out. If the towel has already been washed and dried with the ink on it, I’m not sure if this will work since the dryer will set the stain. Maybe ink is different?

@Sunshine3601 Happt belated birthday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@MancGirl21 Happy belated birthday.

On 6/22/2024 at 8:13 AM, bobmacliberty said:

We dodged an expensive bullet yesterday.  We had some artificial turf put into our backyard about a month ago.  Micheline wanted to make this area a "sun deck" sort of spot.  The turf installation was a nightmare process, but that's another story.  We took the risk of putting the turf on top of our underground propane tank, leaving access to the lid to fill the tank.  We talked to the guy who fills our tank, and he told us that the tanks they use now, if properly installed, will last a long time.  Since our tank was only 7 years old, the risk of having to rip up the artificial turf and dig out the tank was low...or so we thought.

A week ago, guys from the utility company knock on our door saying that they were getting a bad remote reading from our tank.  They did what's called a cathodic test to see if the tank was corroding.  They found that a wire to the anode was disconnected.  Think of the anode as a sacrificial device buried next to the tank that prevents the tank itself from corroding.  I'm guessing that the turf company did that since they needed to pull up the access dome on top of the tank (where the anode wire is connected) to level it with the new turf.  The test results were iffy, possibly indicating that the tank was partially corroded.  That's bad since it could result in a propane leak and the tank going boom.  They said they'd send the results to the engineer and get back to us later to see what needed to be done.  Worst case, the tank would need to be replaced...one month after we spent the money on the turf. 🤬

The same guys came back yesterday and said they'd need to at least dig up a small area next to the tank to install a new anode...hoping that would fix the problem.  They did a great job of carefully cutting 3 sides of a 1.5 foot square of turf and folding it away like a flap.  They dug out the base under the turf, did what they needed to do with the tank and new anode, replaced the turf subbase, and nailed the turf back in place.  You can't even tell that they were there.  And the new anode was the fix.  They ran the cathodic test again and everything looks great. No need to replace the tank.  We let out a huge sigh of relief.  

Here's what the area looks like.  you can see the tank access dome lid in the middle of the turf.  We (ahem...Micheline) are in the process of picking out lounge chairs and an umbrella.

IMG_1335.thumb.jpg.77b4c29b9c482a53e2dcb9d64e37cf45.jpg

What’s on the bottom of your pool? Some sort of coating that looks like rocks? I like the look.

• Like 1