Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

…The husband went to ER and was being tested (don’t know why they’re not all being tested). Have not heard from any of them ( they’re terrible communicaters), but the get together is off.  They are all fully vaxxed.  

That really sucks. Hopefully they will have a mild case or not much at all. 

Edited by ReneeFLL

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Addendum. 

Yup he deserves it I told him to consider it my 30th anniversary gift to him. 

Then out of the blue he goes. This year not only is it our 30th anniversary, but also I want to get you something you wants  since it is a milestone birthday for you. . So let me know so I don’t end up in the dog house ( or  garage ) for all that matters. 

I go I will think about it. 
So it only took 30 seconds for the text to get to his phone of what I would like. He barely was out of the room when his phone chimed.  

Bangle bracelet with a few diamonds. 

859AC3DF-E5B1-4631-AC9D-D086D582DBC8.jpeg

Gorgeous bracelet.   Happy wife, happy life!    New garage sounds amazing too!

50 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We were supposed to go up to the Albany area on Sunday for a get together with DH’s side of the family. His sister, her husband and their 3 adult kids live there and my MIL lives in a senior apt nearby. DH’s brother & his wife/kids live in the Dallas area but are back for 2 weeks at their Vermont property. So my MIL reserved the community room & patio at her place.  Last night we find out DH’s sister, her husband and one of their daughters are sick.  The husband went to ER and was being tested (don’t know why they’re not all being tested). Have not heard from any of them ( they’re terrible communicaters), but the get together is off.  They are all fully vaxxed.  

Oh no, that's not good.  Since they are all vaxxed, hopefully only mild symptoms, if test positive.  Hope you hear from them soon.  Sorry your trip has to be postponed.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, George C said:

For those traveling and staying in hotels, most hotels including all Hilton’s have a new policy they will not clean your room if you are there multiple nights unless you request that they make up room. 

I heard a couple hotels down the shore were doing this too.  They leave a bag with fresh towels and toiletries at your door then you bag up your dirty towels and leave at the door with your trash. 

A hotel we stayed at last fall, did it this way too.  The only thing they kept forgetting was more coffee cups for the Keurig.  And they took 10% off bill when we checked out.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I got tested Wednesday and tested positive I asked if my wife could get tested.  They had a limited number of rapid test and a big jump in cases. They said since she was vaxxed with no symptoms, she would not be tested.   With them being sick, you think they would be allowed.

When Eric went to hospital with covid last February, I asked the doc if i should get tested, he said no, just assume i have it and quarantine. 

The next day i woke up feeling crappy and my Sil who is a nurse and had been working the covid ward told me to get tested.   I got tested and was negative.  

My doc told me wait a couple days and test again, still negative and by then I felt like bad cold.

Eric came home and 14 days later we both got tested to see if we could come out of quarantine and both negative.

In a 3 week period I had 3 tests all negative while he was positive.  

We both got vaccinated with pfizer end of february.

I heard lots of stories this winter where families would be sick and test positive  but one member would be fine.    Just never know.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Interesting, I’ll have to give this a try. Do you cut them at all or roast whole? 

Depends on the size. Big ones I’d cut in half. You don’t want them to wind up shrunken crispy things. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Harrahs is doing this too.  People are complaining but I like that they don’t come in.  We get all we need from the carts and leave the towels and trash outside the rooms.

Sorry to hear about people’s plans getting canceled or postponed.  

I was fine with it..I dont need someone to make my bed, nice to have done but like you said I didnt want anyone in our room especially since our hotel stay was before we were vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was fine with it..I dont need someone to make my bed, nice to have done but like you said I didnt want anyone in our room especially since our hotel stay was before we were vaccinated.

This policy was in place at every hotel we stayed at in FL.  We were fine with it also; just called down every day for fresh towels & coffee set ups, which they left in a large plastic bag outside our door. We would put the used towels in that bag and also leave outside the door.  Worked out great. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I heard lots of stories this winter where families would be sick and test positive  but one member would be fine.    Just never know.

I have had many experiences like this with patients. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

OK, so I've raised the "issue" of acidity with the "supreme instance" -- the cook [aka DH].

And he spent the whole morning researching the "subject".

Turns out acidity is an Israeli regulation, mainly due to the fact that we have many manufacturers and "fake" or "mixed" oil was found among them.

There are some regions in Greece which also demand the acidity to be displayed, and also in California.

In US only the very highest price and quality manufacturers display the acidity.

What is important if acidity isn't displayed?

1) Extra virgin oil  2) First cold pressed 3) [aroma/taste] DH prefers "rich"/"robust" to "classic".

Presently in our kitchen --

Inked20210723_105428_LI.jpg

Thank you, dani!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great News!

Most of you know that we planned to start off on our family vacation today.  We had our Skyline Chili stops mapped out and other things.  We later found our girls had a surprise for us and they hired a photographer for Lakeside family pictures!  After we got hit, it took a lot of effort to talk  two of the families to still go.  One was to leave early this morning and one this afternoon.  Yesterday evening they were making last minute preparation when……

We received a text from the person we were renting from.  He agreed to do a "lift and shift" 😊.  It was exciting news but also stressful.  Two families, excited to take off on vacation and was able to get work figured out now has this dropped on them.

We found out this morning everyone got work to let them go later.  The stress is now gone and all are happy we will have a full family vacation again… so thankful it’s working out again 💥.  The new trip date is Aug 29.  The last week Lakeside is officially open.  My brother wants me to get well so he can beat me at shuffle board!

That is great news!    Challenge on for shuffleboard!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Actually she does them by hand with markers.  Although I have seen her do artful craft work before, this surprised me.  The ideas she came up with and then to use permanent markers with little room for error.

Awesome!!

How are you feeling today?  and your grandson?  Much better, I hope!

Sorry to hear about some plans being disrupted by illness.  

Meanwhile, our plans are moving full speed ahead.  Yesterday was a somewhat laid back day.  Just some playground time with the grandson.  

51C118D8-3377-416D-AF59-66A143F8A7AE.thumb.jpeg.8d014a6bb1520ed485da9f9ca334bf5a.jpeg

We did manage to do a nature hike and saw this

F6507568-1A37-453E-B7C0-888E39B4672C.thumb.jpeg.870b264017351d80cbaa772ed95253f5.jpeg

And this.  

266777B5-FB61-420F-9C80-A37E282D638B.thumb.jpeg.72ecb087d47ee9a35258cef83dec2cfc.jpeg

Nighttime was time for a campfire to cook s’mores.  Hint, if you keep the flames this high, you don’t have to bend over with the marshmallow sticks. 

5E64B7A3-3572-4D2C-98C7-1E0794279756.thumb.jpeg.d3e53cad1d86417ed676eb41a9c4eaba.jpeg

Success 

CD6B82F4-7BD2-4CEC-B764-AE25D7B52D31.thumb.jpeg.82622c721d3b40aacbb0c053d8ac4fcb.jpeg

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Add us to the list.  My wife was starting to feel bad yesterday and got worse today. She was tested this afternoon and was negative.  Allergies are bad here…..  btw, substituting watermelon for water right now.  Will get back to the water soon. 😊 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

One of my Grandsons is about to be on PBS Arkansas.  He won a writing contest.  They are supposed to animate the story he wrote.  The Great Team vs Robo.

How very exciting!!!  Congratulations to your grandson!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Earlier today I called a 92 year old former co-worker .She and her late husband cruised many times on RCI ships .
This woman was born in Italy ,moved with her family to the UK where she lived most of her life ,moved to New York at age 50 ,worked with me 12 years ,retired and moved to Florida.She has great spirit and more energy than most people that I know.

Our dear friend Lois has more energy than Jim and I put together.  She will be 90 this November.  We will have a party to celebrate with her in January when we all will be together in Naples.

• Like 2

This morning, we traveled to Erie to spend a few days here.  Before we left, we saw the squirrels have discovered the feeder. 

D2AC68C6-83F0-4705-8E14-D0CD7952C6C0.thumb.jpeg.1993a6cd258845643d9120deefd96bef.jpeg

Spent the afternoon on the beach, and it was a beautiful, warm day to be there. 

0CE8AB2A-3DF0-49B0-9EF8-A199B38113E7.thumb.jpeg.91c2df6dbb7f58f58c577fa369b01a80.jpeg

Grandson enjoyed playing in the surf

6119A3CF-3F10-4EE0-9734-E30B1BCCA2F9.thumb.jpeg.d0a0ccae5e4597698214563ca5517fbc.jpeg

A sand shark also started to rise. 

1DC5891D-5357-438A-B9B1-3A2F52396BB8.thumb.jpeg.b84c993b20f879e9a6278bae67001375.jpeg

We even found a few shells

BEE55DCE-3744-4008-A3AF-67CDCCC9560B.thumb.jpeg.1722272498ea54bd7e5d13db28956f93.jpeg

We were entertained with a few boats racing offshore

Like some, we are doing a hotel stay this weekend.  Had the pool areas all to ourselves before we left for supper

C497AB66-9C68-480D-ACA5-2D885FC65DC8.thumb.jpeg.00633a10a3c8aaa0a8fba29f84fb7f65.jpeg

My supper was a Guinness 

5D62CEFB-1294-461A-B3A0-2533E928637C.thumb.jpeg.45fbe1bc43326f7bb407b3e9c1cf9617.jpeg

and a Sicilian sandwich 😋 

1E38A2F2-5415-4667-9C95-977EE02C944B.thumb.jpeg.054a680888e5044f6f20ab7744622eed.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Add us to the list.  My wife was starting to feel bad yesterday and got worse today. She was tested this afternoon and was negative.  Allergies are bad here…..  btw, substituting watermelon for water right now.  Will get back to the water soon. 😊 

Yum, I love watermelon.  I had one 4th of july weekend, may have to buy one tomorrow when I run some errands.

All that smoke from the fires didnt help either.   

Ps. Tell her to drink water and get some rest!  Your turn to play Doctor.  😁

• Like 1

Momof3gurlz, so sorry to hear that your get together in Albany with family has been canceled.  Your poor MIL must be beside herself with worry, as well as disappointment.

I spent many of my childhood Summers in Albany, where my mom's sister and family lived.  My Aunt Betty and cousin Cathy were school crossing guards there, and  my cousin Peg was a Police Officer.

Btw, I'm a mom of 3 girls, also!😊

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our dear friend Lois has more energy than Jim and I put together.  She will be 90 this November.  We will have a party to celebrate with her in January when we all will be together in Naples.

This woman and her husband were the most loving couple I ever met.Her husband worked in a Manhattan restaurant but she made him lunch every day and with the lunch she put a love note.They were married 60 years .

I was her Supervisor and when she began to work for the company and was introduced to me I told her to call me Lenny.She replied that to call me by my first name was disrespectful to me and said she would address me by my last name.We compromised by her addressing me as Mr. H .She never once called me Lenny but after she retired she called me one day and said “Hi,Lenny.”.

• Like 3