The depth under our keel is zero...

We wife and I were supposed to board the Splendor yesterday. Obviously, that did not happen. But, we tried to make the best of it.

We got dressed up like it was formal night. (I know, that’s never on embarkation day, but bear with me.) We got take out from a nice local restaurant and had a three course meal with nice wines by our picture window looking out over the harbor, almost like we are in port for a late evening sail away.

We also got take out cheeseburgers for our traditional embarkation lunch, accompanied by home made margaritas. (Don’t judge...it’s what we like!)

We joked that the captain’s announcement would say the waves were zero and the depth under our keel was zero. 

Our ship, the Imagination, has a very familiar feel. The internet is fantastic, and we have have self service laundry. No good shore excursions though as we’re under a stay at home order, or maybe a stay on board order. 

Making the best of it!

6B34EBB6-E12A-4028-8130-E830632CF677.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

Thanks for sharing. Brought a smile to my face.

we were booked on the splendor Barcelona to Monte Carlo cruise in June. Not expecting it To go. To add insult to injury, on the day we should be disembarking and flyinghome,I will be at a hospital appointment 

That was WONDERFUL!! Just loved it!!!

We should've been  embarking and sailing out on the Explorer tomorrow....sob! sigh!

Here's hoping that we all get thru this and will be sailing in the not too far distant furture.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Linda and John

Love it.  I told my husband that on Easter Sunday, I am putting on the dress I bought for Easter and listening to the virtual service online. 

Not expecting our June cruise to go either.  Just told my office girl to start booking patients for then.

Hi Cruiser from Maine,

What an inventive and fun evening for you!

We would have been on Splendor with you sailing the beautiful waters of the Caribbean!

Your post brought me happiness, and sadness when I read about your embarkation lunch.  For us, such anticipation to get our cruise started - lunch at La Veranda with made to order pasta! 

So glad to see you making the best of it. It brought a smile to my face. I so wish we could have met on the Splendor on April 1. The night before, I put my head on my pillow and whispered that we were supposed to be at the Mandarin in Miami. 😢

Day 2...

We had breakfast and lunch in the Observation Lounge (sometimes called the guest room 😄). Dinner was in the MDR again, where we ate on formal night.

The self service laundry is very good, but I have to say the self service dish washing is not. 🙄 My wife has complaints about the self service meal prep as well. I will say, however, the only thing better than dining on a cruise is having her wonderful meals at home!😀👏

We went to a lecture this afternoon on art appreciation. (I’d like to give a shout out to the Great Courses Plus (https://www.thegreatcoursesplus.com) for some great options. We could stream this to our TV.)

I did have a shore excursion that I had forgotten about earlier. Off the the Red Cross to donate blood. They were running behind. When I texted my wife, she said no worries about being a pier runner—we were docked overnight!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I enjoyed reading about day two....so nice of you to blog about your cruise!!!!

At this second in time, I'm enjoying a Peroni in my PJs and it's only 12:15....I'm pretending I'm out on the pool deck enjoying the Miami sun. We can't get into our cabin yet as our room steward is changing the sheets.......sigh....We'll stir up some sort of cocktails or crack a bottles of bubbly for our "sail away" at 5pm today.......sniff.....sob.....!

Carry on and keep us posted on your adventures!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One more post...

We still are treating this as an imaginary cruise, somewhat for humor, somewhat for a distraction, and somewhat to keep our sanity. A trip to the grocery store is a shopping excursion, a walk around the neighborhood is a DIY port visit.

We’ve renamed our rooms and I attached a deck plan.

I’m glad I gave a chuckle to a few folks. We all get through this in our own ways.

I hope to read or even post about a real cruise soon!

F79BB758-A4F8-40D6-9F6F-3E36A4A8BC9B.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/2/2020 at 9:34 AM, CruiserFromMaine said:

We wife and I were supposed to board the Splendor yesterday. Obviously, that did not happen. But, we tried to make the best of it.

We got dressed up like it was formal night. (I know, that’s never on embarkation day, but bear with me.) We got take out from a nice local restaurant and had a three course meal with nice wines by our picture window looking out over the harbor, almost like we are in port for a late evening sail away.

We also got take out cheeseburgers for our traditional embarkation lunch, accompanied by home made margaritas. (Don’t judge...it’s what we like!)

We joked that the captain’s announcement would say the waves were zero and the depth under our keel was zero. 

Our ship, the Imagination, has a very familiar feel. The internet is fantastic, and we have have self service laundry. No good shore excursions though as we’re under a stay at home order, or maybe a stay on board order. 

Making the best of it!

6B34EBB6-E12A-4028-8130-E830632CF677.jpeg

And you got a 2 person Window Table at Compass Rose.... Well done

• Haha 1