Repairing a trashed image

InDaPast

26 minutes ago, MrRandal said:

Of course they are all closed, every theme park in the world is closed. Did you know Disney has 11 theme parks (or gates, as they call them) throughout the world? Massive losses, and like the cruise industry, no end in sight. 

Disney has also lost a bunch on ESPN with cancellation of NBA, MLB, and other spring and summer sports, but they may be able to recover a bit if they get a massive increase in subscribers to Disney+.

5 hours ago, Aquahound said:

This pandemic has already changed some corporate culture related to teleworking, etc, so I'm hoping it changes corporate culture in cruising related to decreased space/passenger ratios. 

One positive long term effect might be a decrease in peoples’ willingness to be part of mobs.  Will our culture suffer if there are no more stampedes to get into some Walmart on Black Friday to take advantage of “crazy savings” on the first 100 big screen TV’s sold?

Perhaps this COVID 19 experience might trigger some positive evolution in human behavior.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Perhaps this COVID 19 experience might trigger some positive evolution in human behavior.

Every day of our 28 (so far) I've gotten 'wet eyes' over something. This was today's. Thanks.

PS: I've been boycotting Walmart for a few years now.

7 hours ago, clo said:

Er, no. Never been to one, never wanted to go to one.

That's a shame, because Disney will almost certainly lead the way in how the travel and hospitality business recovers from this pandemic.

Edited by MrRandal

12 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

One positive long term effect might be a decrease in peoples’ willingness to be part of mobs.  Will our culture suffer if there are no more stampedes to get into some Walmart on Black Friday to take advantage of “crazy savings” on the first 100 big screen TV’s sold?

That would be nice, but I would not count on it. People have short memory spans. And you know the stores will not stop advertising those kind of sales, at least when this present crisis is over.

So I just checked two cruise line websites  - RCL and Celebrity (well, same company) - and find it interesting that cruises are available for booking with itineraries in mid-May already. Are they crazy? I haven't looked at other lines but....seriously?  Prices certainly look good but I don't think you could pay me to do it so soon. 

Edited by OnTheJourney