Picture-A-Week 2020 - Week 15

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, April 6 and Sunday, April 12.

Others have mentioned it, but it bears repeating that photography is a very versatile hobby and taking time out from the worries of these trying times to focus on something familiar and fun provides a healthy and much needed dose of normal.

Stay well.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Well, I am totally bummed.  I was taking a couple of photos this morning when suddenly my LCD screen went white.  It definitely needs repair but because of the cost involved I'll be buying a new one.  This was a Canon SX530 and certainly not crazy expensive but it was my favorite camera until this happened.

IMG_0539.thumb.JPG.44cbbcc7bc2544a9a1669ef1cca2b1c0.JPG

It has been a weird few weeks. Not weird as in some 300 pound guy wearing a tutu and tights while shopping in Wal-Mart on a Wednesday evening, but weird as in something you would see in a Walking Dead episode. Our usual Easter egg hunt and family feast has been designated a suicide pact by the CDC and while I usually bristle at wide-ranging government edicts, this one is one worth taking seriously. We are following advisories and only ventured out yesterday for the first time in over a week to deliver the local family’s Easter gifts and do a quick grocery run for perishables. Pictured here is our Easter 2020 mascot, Eggbert. He is all masked up and of course, photographed from the official social distancing recommendation of six feet away.

Be Like Eggbert

p3880728198-5.jpg

Dave

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pierces said:

I Pictured here is our Easter 2020 mascot, Eggbert. He is all masked up and of course, photographed from the official social distancing recommendation of six feet away.

Be Like Eggbert

p3880728198-5.jpg

Dave

HAPPY EASTER Dave and your Ohana!

• Like 1

Well this weekend's shooting was all done from the front yard, back yard, or from my swimming pool...sticking to the 'stay at home' order, and decided to see what kinds of birds and wildlife I could find from the confines of my property.

A pair of mottled ducks flying by the neighbor's house:

original.jpg

A mockingbird with a dragonfly dinner:

original.jpg

A downy woodpecker with a few caterpillar larvae from the black olive tree:

original.jpg

Sometimes you get a rarity even in the backyard!  While lounging in the pool, I spotted a strange bird in my hibiscus tree, and took a shot - on closer inspection, it was a bird I've only ever photographed once before in 2016 in the wetlands...a yellow-billed cuckoo:

original.jpg

A blue jay, one of the most common backyard visitors down here:

original.jpg

A male cardinal brought one of his kids down to the spot under the feeder to pick up some fallen sunflower seeds and teach his child where to find food - but still feeding it for now:

original.jpg

One last closeup look at the lovely male cardinal hanging out on the deck:

original.jpg

• Like 5