CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Got my refund today for my sundries from March request , I guess they didn’t want to hang on to my flat champagne and mouldy chocolate covered strawberries 😂 anymore just now waiting for my excursions for the Iona may cruise paid for , so I’m getting them still but will possibly start all again for my 18th October cruise which was all paid up 😔

Pleased to hear you finally got your Sundries refund for March.

Hopefully May Sundries are forthcoming.

I wonder when or if your October 18th cruise is cancelled.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

From a cynical point of view, P and O will have waited until everyone paid the balance which was last monday before cancelling 18 October cruise. We waited until tuesday in the hope they would cancel so we would get our deposit back but in the end decided to transfer to a cruise next year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ann141 said:

From a cynical point of view, P and O will have waited until everyone paid the balance which was last monday before cancelling 18 October cruise. We waited until tuesday in the hope they would cancel so we would get our deposit back but in the end decided to transfer to a cruise next year.

Good decision imo.

Even if cruising started again in October it would be risky and stressful.

End of November is the date we have a large final payment to make and there is a very good chance I will move our deposit to a later cruise.

8 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Hello all 

I know that this is a P&O page but in the interests of comparison ,I have today received , from Princess  cruises,my long awaited FCC from a cancellation  made on 12th March for a departure date of 14th May....131days 😱

I am one happy bunny.

Great news.

Just shows its not only P&O dragging their feet on Refunds etc.

Some long waits reported on RCL boards too.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 9:23 AM, grapau27 said:

Get in the queue behind me please Graham, I’m still waiting for March cancellation sundries (along with others).

I got into the 100 days club, at this rate I will be starting a 150 days one! 

It seems that P&O are focusing on the cruise fare repayments and I can see why they would do that. People are less likely to take action for a few hundred pounds for extras but they certainly will for thousands of pounds for a fare. Having spoken to staff the sundries are on a different “spreadsheet”. I still can’t comprehend a major company managing refunds via spreadsheets.

What annoys me is that they are still peddling the pretence that refunds are being made in 60 days. While some certainly are (now) as we can see from comments on here, many are not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Get in the queue behind me please Graham, I’m still waiting for March cancellation sundries (along with others).

I got into the 100 days club, at this rate I will be starting a 150 days one! 

It seems that P&O are focusing on the cruise fare repayments and I can see why they would do that. People are less likely to take action for a few hundred pounds for extras but they certainly will for thousands of pounds for a fare. Having spoken to staff the sundries are on a different “spreadsheet”. I still can’t comprehend a major company managing refunds via spreadsheets.

What annoys me is that they are still peddling the pretence that refunds are being made in 60 days. While some certainly are (now) as we can see from comments on here, many are not.

I was answering Purdey16 in my post 3951.

All our cruise,flight and hotel Refunds are with us now thankfully.

I agree with you their organisation of refunds has been pathetic and I sincerely hope your outstanding refunds are with you shortly.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

P&o Cruises said on call that did not receive the deposit payment $135 from my giant US agent (3 letters) for my cancelled Oceana Cruise.(ship sold).

The call centre executive said that in my Oceana booking there is NO payment seen at all.

While my agent says that they wired the deposit ($135) to P&O in GB pounds and now they have to wait for p&o to refund the deposit to them and only then can they refund my credit card.

my credit card statement shows that the money went to the agent and the agent says that ONLY for P&O, they have to take the payment into their account in US$ and wire P&O in pounds.

The agent said that for all other cruise lines, the deposit goes directly to the cruise line.

1 minute ago, Tom Magpie said:

Have been waiting more than 120 days for my refund. This is for the full amount of the cruise almost £3,000. Anyone else been waiting this long for full refund?

In terms of a full refund for a cruise, the worst that have seen so far is 137 days.. for sundries there are lots still waiting for this period and longer.

• Like 1

P&o Cruises said on call that did not receive the deposit payment $135 from my giant US agent (3 letters) for my cancelled Oceana Cruise.(ship sold).

The call centre executive said that in my Oceana booking there is NO payment seen at all.

While my agent says that they wired the deposit ($135) to P&O in GB pounds and now they have to wait for p&o to refund the deposit to them and only then can they refund my credit card.

my credit card statement shows that the money went to the agent and the agent says that ONLY for P&O, they have to take the payment into their account in US$ and wire P&O in pounds.

The agent said that for all other cruise lines, the deposit goes directly to the cruise line.

My giant US agent today refunded my 135 dollars for the cancelled Oceana Cruise, within just 1 week after asking.

I really appreciate it!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

One guy on FB has had his cheque lost in the post 3 times now can anyone beat that?

The old "cheques in the post" excuse. At least it different from the usual excuses. 

Avril 

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The old "cheques in the post" excuse. At least it different from the usual excuses. 

Avril 

How about:

We have made an electronic bank transfer, but unfortunately the internet fairies have stolen the money and spent it on a wild drunken non-socially distanced party with the pixies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

How about:

We have made an electronic bank transfer, but unfortunately the internet fairies have stolen the money and spent it on a wild drunken non-socially distanced party with the pixies.

Why blame the pixies! 

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

How about:

We'll it's certainly more believable than some of the rubbish they've tried to fob us off with. More fun too.😂

Avril 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

In terms of a full refund for a cruise, the worst that have seen so far is 137 days.. for sundries there are lots still waiting for this period and longer.

Our Friends have been waiting for a refund 130 days and still waiting for a P and O CRUISE, but  ( TA Eskimo ) you know who they are,  just keep ignoring people.   

If it was the other way around, they would soon won't our money or it would be a cancelled cruise.

• Like 1