CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

4 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

I requested the refund as the amount for the cruise was over £5000, the refund came back in 3 parts, well 4 if you include the cheque. If they chase me for the money. I am happy to pay it back due to their error. However there is no chance that I am wasting anymore time calling p&o after calling them so many times over the last 6 months and their “customer service” staff being next to useless. 

I still say that you owe them the money so should return it. So by the same token, if a shopkeeper gave you change for £20 instead of £10, would walk away with it or return it?

Avril

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for posting.

It is unfair that they expect people to pay 3 months in advance when there has been no P&O ships cruising for 6 months and probably none now until 2021.

I expect a lot of people will cancel when final payment is due.

That's what I'll be doing when my final payment becomes due in December, if P&O haven't already cancelled the cruise. There's no way I'm giving them even more of my money as things stand right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

That's what I'll be doing when my final payment becomes due in December, if P&O haven't already cancelled the cruise. There's no way I'm giving them even more of my money as things stand right now.

Same for us at end of November.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

There is also the issue of the FCO advice and travel insurance.

As I am still waiting for money back I wont be paying any more until things are a little bit more certain.

I do feel really sorry for businesses at the moment but in P&Os case the slow return of funds when cruises are cancelled has perhaps made customers a bit more cautious in parting with thousands for final balances that they may not get back for many months if there are further cancellations which at the moment looks likely.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Anybody hoping for an extension for balance payment has had it they’ve just posted this on their own FB page

50FBB806-2611-4FBD-AC3E-87DAA1D37C36.jpeg

They are in a complete mess:

-- Some people who ask get a balance extension, others who put their request publicly, don't.

-- Some people who cancelled before P&O cancel their cruise get reimbursed, others don't.

-- Some people who don't pay their balance forfeit their money, others don't.

-- Some people with longer cruises booked after Christmas have certainty, others on shorter cruises on ships on cold lay up, don't.

-- Some people get refunded once, others twice or more.  Some people by cheque, others by BACS, others via TAs.

-- Some people wait six months or more, others wait six weeks or less.

-- Some people get lucky and speak to a helpful agent straight away, others wait hours to be fobbed off.

Absolute farce ... and yet people still look forward to the new brochure. 

Each to their own, and all to hopefully enjoy their holiday when they can, but how can anyone trust P&O shore side at this present time?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Each to their own, and all to hopefully enjoy their holiday when they can, but how can anyone trust P&O shore side at this present time?

My holiday enjoyment is provided by the wonderful ship's crew once onboard, not P&O shoreside. They're the stumbling block, admittedly, but I think it's worth it.

Avril

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My holiday enjoyment is provided by the wonderful ship's crew once onboard, not P&O shoreside. They're the stumbling block, admittedly, but I think it's worth it.

Avril

It is by remembering the ships and crew from previous cruises which keep most of us loyal to P&O.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

It is by remembering the ships and crew from previous cruises which keep most of us loyal to P&O.

I couldn't agree more. I've read reviews and heard tales of some P&O crew members , but can honestly say we've never found an awful one yet. It depends on how you speak to and interact with them. We are always friendly and polite and that goes along way.

Avril

• Like 2

Just now, Adawn47 said:

I couldn't agree more. I've read reviews and heard tales of some P&O crew members , but can honestly say we've never found an awful one yet. It depends on how you speak to and interact with them. We are always friendly and polite and that goes along way.

Avril

Absolutely.

I always speak and act towards people the way I would like people to speak and act towards me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Hello Avril,

Yes, it's fair to say that, on the whole, the majority of ship's company on P&O do try and help you have a good holiday.  There are, in my experience, a few of the reception staff and occasionally waiters who let the side down, but they are the exception, not the rule and you are right to say that they add to the experience.  Many are welcoming and kind.

However, I just honestly don't know how we can trust P&O at the moment.  It's plainly obvious to everyone that passengers won't be able to go on international cruises any time soon, yet P&O pretend otherwise and muted it's ears to no matter how many loyal customers raise questions.  

Six months on in to this dreadful pandemic, the whole customer service position is scarcely improved and jobs have been lost.  It just makes me wonder how far P&O will go in terms of cutting corners.  A great crew can only go so far if the basics aren't sound.

Hopefully they will improve, but I've seen little evidence of P&O turning a corner, just want to be wrong, but so fed up 😤

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Hello Avril,

Yes, it's fair to say that, on the whole, the majority of ship's company on P&O do try and help you have a good holiday.  There are, in my experience, a few of the reception staff and occasionally waiters who let the side down, but they are the exception, not the rule and you are right to say that they add to the experience.  Many are welcoming and kind.

However, I just honestly don't know how we can trust P&O at the moment.  It's plainly obvious to everyone that passengers won't be able to go on international cruises any time soon, yet P&O pretend otherwise and muted it's ears to no matter how many loyal customers raise questions.  

Six months on in to this dreadful pandemic, the whole customer service position is scarcely improved and jobs have been lost.  It just makes me wonder how far P&O will go in terms of cutting corners.  A great crew can only go so far if the basics aren't sound.

Hopefully they will improve, but I've seen little evidence of P&O turning a corner, just want to be wrong, but so fed up 😤

We're all frustrated at the moment.  Year by year we plan our lives without a care and fully expect our plans to come come to fruition, and then along comes Covid and through no fault of our own destroys our carefully made plans. We are all experiencing this frustration, but how we deal with it is what's important. I take the view that this virus is an unknown quantity and we are still learning how to live with it. We have to take one careful day at a time and hope that there will soon be an end to it. We still  make plans for "after" because if we don't look to a future we're not living, merely exsisting.   Oh dear, back on soapbox again. Sorry🙁

Avril

• Like 5

5 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

They are in a complete mess:

-- Some people who ask get a balance extension, others who put their request publicly, don't.

-- Some people who cancelled before P&O cancel their cruise get reimbursed, others don't.

-- Some people who don't pay their balance forfeit their money, others don't.

-- Some people with longer cruises booked after Christmas have certainty, others on shorter cruises on ships on cold lay up, don't.

-- Some people get refunded once, others twice or more.  Some people by cheque, others by BACS, others via TAs.

-- Some people wait six months or more, others wait six weeks or less.

-- Some people get lucky and speak to a helpful agent straight away, others wait hours to be fobbed off.

Absolute farce ... and yet people still look forward to the new brochure. 

There’s still people posting on FB that their TA have told

them P&O are not pushing for final payments and to wait for an announcement it’s getting more and more ridiculous all the time strikes me that there is no leadership in the shore team at all and it’s all just falling apart 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, Manx buoy said:

There’s still people posting on FB that their TA have told

them P&O are not pushing for final payments and to wait for an announcement it’s getting more and more ridiculous all the time strikes me that there is no leadership in the shore team at all and it’s all just falling apart 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I've read the various posts this afternoon. 

I liked the difference between one of the social media team who said sorry for not extending balance due dates, whilst their colleague just bluntly went for the T&C's.  Given there is only 3 or 4 of them answering FB, you'd think that they could agree their lines.

Anyway, no doubt Mr Ludlow will be putting the finishing touches to his video ready for 10am on Tuesday (this or next, remains to be seen)...

Question - how bad are they in comparison: 

Well, I counted more than 15 consecutive 1* reviews on Trustpilot earlier from different customers.  😱Notably, their review score is now lower than most (but not all) of the other major holiday companies.  I haven't seen a recent MSE poll.

However, for balance, ABTA, which is supposed to oversee and regulate this nonsense, gets a full 1.1 out of 5 (where the minimum is 1), compared to 1.6 for P&O, which is some going.  Unlike P&O, they "own" their page and have an approach of never replying to any reviews or comments.

No wonder some of the holiday companies consider that there is no accountability for communication and refund issues.🤦

• Like 2

I have just received an e mail from P@O cancelling my pre Christmas cruise on Arcadia. I have ignored the FCC offer and applied for a full refund.

THE CLOCK HAS STARTED

Five minutes after the e mail I had a phone call from my harvesting ta asking if there was anything they could do to help. That is good service.

Viv

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

I have just received an e mail from P@O cancelling my pre Christmas cruise on Arcadia. I have ignored the FCC offer and applied for a full refund.

THE CLOCK HAS STARTED

Five minutes after the e mail I had a phone call from my harvesting ta asking if there was anything they could do to help. That is good service.

Viv

We got an email from P&O telling us our February 20th Iona cruise is cancelled.

I booked direct so applied for a refund for our £169 deposit.

Graham.

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We got an email from P&O telling us our February 20th Iona cruise is cancelled.

I booked direct so applied for a refund for our £169 deposit.

Graham.

I initially considered waiting for the new 2022 brochure for a FCC....  

I then watched the video.... 

Five minutes later I completed the refund form....

So pleased that I didn't pay them when the last Tuesday slot came and went, otherwise I would now be four grand down.  Must admit I am so relieved that it has been cancelled so we can now plan more realistic Christmas.

Let's see how this new "refund technology" works....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

So pleased that I didn't pay them when the last Tuesday slot came and went, otherwise I would now be four grand down.  Must admit I am so relieved that it has been cancelled so we can now plan more realistic Christmas.

1012 my refund form was filled in what’s the prize for the first refund🤪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

👍Good news you cancelled.

We would have had a £3500 dilemma in November if P&O hadn't clarified pause in cruising for us.

Found an email today from Thursday (had been away so missed it) saying our cruise to the Caribbean on Azura end of January has been cancelled, so have applied for a refund of the substantial deposit.

Very happy P&O has given me the option to get a refund before the balance due date. 

Would love to cruise next year, but can't commit at the moment, so this simplifies matters. 

Edited by nellydean
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, nellydean said:

Found an email today from Thursday (had been away so missed it) saying our cruise to the Caribbean on Azura end of January has been cancelled, so have applied for a refund of the substantial deposit.

Very happy P&O has given me the option to get a refund before the balance due date. 

Would love to cruise next year, but can't commit at the moment, so this simplifies matters. 

January !!!!  To think that there are already 2021 cancellations makes me very sad.