CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

No.

He did say all retail staff have to wear masks.

About time, they are in shops where people are in and out throughout the day and either the customers or staff maybe carrying the virus, I can't understand why they have not been made to wear with  masks or visors previously.  We went into town yesterday and there are still a number of people not wearing masks, in M&S we only saw one assistant wearing a visor.  It has been a while since we went shopping other than Tesco or Sainsburys but we were surprised by how many of the units are now vacant in the shopping centre, I don't know whether that happened before the lockdown or if they have closed recently because of the downturn in footfall.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

About time, they are in shops where people are in and out throughout the day and either the customers or staff maybe carrying the virus, I can't understand why they have not been made to wear with  masks or visors previously.  We went into town yesterday and there are still a number of people not wearing masks, in M&S we only saw one assistant wearing a visor.  It has been a while since we went shopping other than Tesco or Sainsburys but we were surprised by how many of the units are now vacant in the shopping centre, I don't know whether that happened before the lockdown or if they have closed recently because of the downturn in footfall.

I agree with all retail staff wearing masks.

Like you I rarely saw any staff wearing masks/visors and thought they could easily be spreading the virus.

• Like 4

On 9/21/2020 at 3:00 PM, grapau27 said:

Yes he would do that.

Personally I would respect them more if they came on and spoke the truth.

They are surely in a position where they need to tough it out like Nicola Sturgeon and plenty of shadow ministers do.

The public deserve no less especially now.

There are other channels you can tune into to see politicians being interviewed professionally. Try Sky News, BBC news. Matt Hancock appeared on ‘This Morning’ with Phillip Scofield, so they’re not boycotting ITV per se. Piers Morgan had ample opportunity to interview politicians in a searching professional manner and blew it. He won’t be shouting at another Government minister anytime soon.

• Like 2

How long are refunds taking at the moment?  

Just applied for a refund of a deposit from my September cruise. Should be sailing around Greece on Oceana as I type 😪

I was hoping to transfer it to another cruise but without knowing exactly what a future cruise will look like, and the possibility of yet another cancellation I just cant put myself through the disappointment again. There's also much better deals elsewhere if I was going to book.

23 hours ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

There are other channels you can tune into to see politicians being interviewed professionally. Try Sky News, BBC news. Matt Hancock appeared on ‘This Morning’ with Phillip Scofield, so they’re not boycotting ITV per se. Piers Morgan had ample opportunity to interview politicians in a searching professional manner and blew it. He won’t be shouting at another Government minister anytime soon.

Surely politicians should be accountable to us all and as GMB is very popular they need to have the bottle to answer anyone's questions,even Piers Morgan or Susanna Reid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Surely politicians should be accountable to us all and as GMB is very popular they need to have the bottle to answer anyone's questions,even Piers Morgan or Susanna Reid.

To be honest Graham it got to the stage where we stopped watching them as it got to

where Piers would ask a question and before they had two words out of their mouth

he would be saying something like "do you think it's right ? " Susanna would dive in with her

question on top of that.  The guest would politely ask "can I have a chance to answer"

To which Piers says "Get on with it !" 

They start to talk and now you have Piers and Susanna both talking over the guest and all 

you had was a rabble hard to decipher.

When Ben Sheppard and Charlotte Hawkins hosted we found it better as they did not shout

over each other.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, kalos said:

To be honest Graham it got to the stage where we stopped watching them as it got to

where Piers would ask a question and before they had two words out of their mouth

he would be saying something like "do you think it's right ? " Susanna would dive in with her

question on top of that.  The guest would politely ask "can I have a chance to answer"

To which Piers says "Get on with it !" 

They start to talk and now you have Piers and Susanna both talking over the guest and all 

you had was a rabble hard to decipher.

When Ben Sheppard and Charlotte Hawkins hosted we found it better as they did not shout

over each other.

That's a fair point Kalos.

We like Piers Life stories but he is overpowering and full of himself 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

I think the post by Kalos says it all. No further comment required.

Kalos made a fantastic post and so true.

My point is by not coming on GMB they are showing a weakness and if they believe what they are saying they should not be afraid to say so and we did support Boris.

Nicola Sturgeon and shadow ministers are not afraid to discuss their view's to Piers Morgan and well done to them.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, safathome said:

Hi

Just got a "cancellation" invoice for our Dec cruise - it was just for a small deposit. what happens next ? !!

Steve

We got the same cancellation invoice for our cancelled February Iona cruise today.

I requested a refund when P&O cancelled this cruise last week so hopefully the refund of our deposit will be on its way soon.

Graham.

2 minutes ago, safathome said:

Great thanks for answering - how do they send it ? I paid by Barclay card - does it get put back on that then... and I will be in credit  whoop whoop !

We booked direct with P&O using our MasterCard so expect the refund to go back on that card 

Graham.

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good to hear.

I will keep a watch out for our £169 deposit.

I must admit We’re really missing the cruise experience. So far this year 5 of our cruises have been cancelled . Our last cruise was to Norway in March 2019 and we were in the same extreme weather as the Viking Sky. Our next cruises are in August 2021 but we’re not holding our breath. Have you got any cruises booked?

3 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

I must admit We’re really missing the cruise experience. So far this year 5 of our cruises have been cancelled . Our last cruise was to Norway in March 2019 and we were in the same extreme weather as the Viking Sky. Our next cruises are in August 2021 but we’re not holding our breath. Have you got any cruises booked?

No.

We had 3 cruises including next February on Iona and a weeks hotel holiday in Orlando cancelled for October.

Our last cruise was a 15 night Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess last November/December.

Graham.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We got the same cancellation invoice for our cancelled February Iona cruise today.

I requested a refund when P&O cancelled this cruise last week so hopefully the refund of our deposit will be on its way soon.

Graham.

How do you get the notification Graham, e-mail or post?

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

How do you get the notification Graham, e-mail or post?

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No.

We had 3 cruises including next February on Iona and a weeks hotel holiday in Orlando cancelled for October.

Our last cruise was a 15 night Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess last November/December.

Graham.

Was that from San Francisco? We did that one a few years ago. The Grand Princess is a great ship and that cruise was fantastic.